• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I am waiting feverishly for tonight's no-doubt late, and in the grand scheme of things likely minuscule, image update. As I will do for every week night until the game releases.

You see folks? I'm riding that hype train. I'm riding that hype train so hype that it is interfering with my everyday life. I am losing sleep over this. Thoughts of Smash Bros before I go to bed, as its what I look at five days a week before bed. The ex-dojo. The new Smash Bros. I'll ride that hype train, and I'll ride it willingly. No surprises left in the game, here I come!

Azure J

This game is going to have at least 20 different threads between OTs and announcements isn't it?

I am waiting feverishly for tonight's no-doubt late, and in the grand scheme of things likely minuscule, image update. As I will do for every week night until the game releases.

You see folks? I'm riding that hype train. I'm riding that hype train so hype that it is interfering with my ever-day life. I am losing sleep over this. Thoughts of Smash Bros before I go to bed, as its what I look at five days a week before bed. The ex-dojo. The new Smash Bros. I'll ride that hype train, and I'll ride it willingly. No surprises left in the game, here I come!

The original Dojo pretty much made me learn a hard lesson about true over hype. Especially given how Brawl turned out. :lol

zroid

Banned
1BQgjms.png

1000+ post club (from 1st to 5th thread, not counting anything in here):
Intelliheath-3445
foxuzamaki-3235
qq more-2397
SuperSah-2145
I'M FINISHED-2111
SmithnCo-1975
ffdgh-1891
Village-1822
Horizon-1604
BGBW-1588
theprodigy-1562 (told you Boss Doggie, I'm still not top 10)
Boss Doggie-1483
Troubled Bat-1474
Ryce-1430
DaBoss-1341
Berordn-1243
Zeer0id-1138
Red Arremer-1120

these 18 members have combined for 33004 posts, or 33.35% of all total posts
(top 10 is 22213 posts or 22.44%, top 5 is 13333 posts or 13.47%)

shoutouts to Intelliheath and ffdgh for having perfect attendance on the Wall of Shame :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This game is going to have at least 20 different threads between OTs and announcements isn't it?

The original Dojo pretty much made me learn a hard lesson about true over hype. Especially given how Brawl turned out. :lol

We already have more than 20 threads did we?

Same here with Dojo. I'm hyped for SSB4 but at same time I'm being cautiously with the game and hype itself. I gotta to set my expectation low as possible.

Caladrius

Intelliheath-3445
foxuzamaki-3235
qq more-2397
SuperSah-2145
I'M FINISHED-2111
SmithnCo-1975
ffdgh-1891
Village-1822
Horizon-1604
BGBW-1588
Boss Doggie-1483
Troubled Bat-1474
Ryce-1430
DaBoss-1341
Berordn-1243
Zeer0id-1138
Red Arremer-1120

shoutouts to Intelliheath and ffdgh for having perfect attendance on the Wall of Shame :p

My absence from this list is strangely saddening.

Don't ever change :p

The day an avatar lasts for more than three weeks is after I'm dead.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Definitely, I am not as excited as I was for Brawl, but I am looking forward to it. Unlike most, I actually prefer Brawl to Melee, so that might have helped.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

You see folks? I'm riding that hype train. I'm riding that hype train so hype that it is interfering with my everyday life. I am losing sleep over this. Thoughts of Smash Bros before I go to bed, as its what I look at five days a week before bed. The ex-dojo. The new Smash Bros. I'll ride that hype train, and I'll ride it willingly. No surprises left in the game, here I come!

Brother.

J-Tier

Intelliheath-3445
foxuzamaki-3235
qq more-2397
SuperSah-2145
I'M FINISHED-2111
SmithnCo-1975
ffdgh-1891
Village-1822
Horizon-1604
BGBW-1588
Boss Doggie-1483
Troubled Bat-1474
Ryce-1430
DaBoss-1341
Berordn-1243
Zeer0id-1138
Red Arremer-1120

The competitive side of me says I need to step up my game.

The other side of me says that's probably a bad idea if I want to be productive lol...

GamerSoul

Sora is secretly my most wanted newcomer. Spoilers because it's a secret.

Yeah idk, it's not like I just hate the new Pokemon, I thought gen 6 was the best designs since gen 2, but I found the starters to be really hit or miss. Delphox and Chespin's middle evo are the worst.
Seriously Chespin's evo is so bad I don't even remember its name.

Yea that initial reveal for Quilladin was pretty rough especially after the seeing Chespin. Imo, Quilladin is the worst looking one out of the bunch.

These posts are going to be hilarious when I inevitably change my avatar.

:eek: what have I done..
lol

Oh you know it's going after E-v-e-r-y-o-n-e ;)

Also, yay for #TeamSora!

Good, all the more reason to unleash the Cuccos.

Azure J

Pause, I haven't broken the 1K club yet? Don't know if underhyped or not posting enough. :p

Thing about this round of the hype train though, I'm somewhat more excited because SSB4 already looks to be doing enough differently and now that I've learned to appreciate Smash's unique technicalities, the little changes mean a lot more to me.

Also, Megaman & RosaLuma/Rosa Rosestar are amazing newcomers.

It's possible, although extremely unlikely, that you could have broken 1000 posts in total, but you've never made the Wall of Shame so I never checked.
doubt it though

Azure J

We'll smash an entire thread in June alone, free.

I don't want to actually bet with the condition of losing anything but I'd feel fairly confident in two threads filling up in June assuming a new one starts in the last week of May. SmashGAF being SmashGAF + general NintendoGAF/GamingGAF stir craziness + a bunch of"leaks" and the potential for a real leak is a fucking powerful set of potential streams being crossed.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't want to actually bet with the condition of losing anything but I'd feel fairly confident in two threads filling up in June assuming a new one starts in the last week of May. SmashGAF being SmashGAF + general NintendoGAF/GamingGAF stir craziness + a bunch of"leaks" and the potential for a real leak is a fucking powerful set of potential streams being crossed.

Well, I'm not sure about that since NeoGAF crash a lot last year.

more like:
E3 megatons-->GAF crashes--->no posts are made--->thread lasts quite a while

:p

also, does anyone have a link to that Dojo summary thread? (the one on GAF)

-Horizon-

Intelliheath-3445
foxuzamaki-3235
qq more-2397
SuperSah-2145
I'M FINISHED-2111
SmithnCo-1975
ffdgh-1891
Village-1822
Horizon-1604
BGBW-1588
Boss Doggie-1483
Troubled Bat-1474
Ryce-1430
DaBoss-1341
Berordn-1243
Zeer0id-1138
Red Arremer-1120

I'm not ashamed or proud.

Anth0ny

oh thank god

Intelliheath-3445
foxuzamaki-3235
qq more-2397
SuperSah-2145
I'M FINISHED-2111
SmithnCo-1975
ffdgh-1891
Village-1822
Horizon-1604
BGBW-1588
Boss Doggie-1483
Troubled Bat-1474
Ryce-1430
DaBoss-1341
Berordn-1243
Zeer0id-1138
Red Arremer-1120

THANK GOD

GamerSoul

I still can't believe there are SO many things we do not know about this game which would be great points of discussion and debate. We still do not know how the games will be linked, how extensive the customization will be (if it's still in), the premise of the single player mode, etc.

All this talk of number of posts makes it such that I want to go for the hall of shame highest spot now.

TPP#3 proved that I can, and will

Top Bottom