• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut

This screenshot of Skull Kid seemed different than the gravity reversal thing in the Direct, at least from what I remember. I find it reminiscent of the moon falling.

Axass

Looking at it now it never dawned on me that the staff looks completely disproportioned. Like, literally, it looks broken when she holds it in the second picture. I have my doubts about this picture's legitimacy unless someone at Namco's design department have trouble modeling a straight line.

Straight horizontal lines:
zebra.gif

Our eyes suck.

Pokemon from X/Y is vague. That doesn't make the rest of the leak confirmed. It is 1/6 only, so it doesn't have much credibility.

The first leak has 4/6 confirmed so it has more credibility.

But the leaks are from the same person, no reason to tell the truth the first time and then lie.

Neiteio

Does it matter? We has two screen shots revealing new KI material the same week as a KI leak.
This guy gets it. Funny that the same day Sakurai is tweeted the links to the Palutena leak, he doesn't comment but instead teases us with multiple days of Kid Icarus-related content.

Flickr is banned in my work but are the screens from here new?
I... actually have no memory of a lot of these. Like, I want to just dismiss it as "oh, those were released the night of the Direct", but I must have glossed over those even worse than I thought, because some of these aren't ringing bells.

Also, a lot of them seem to just be white screens, and the ones that aren't are pretty much all 3DS shots.

NeonZ

Sakurai could've done so much with stuff from MM, but all we get is was a Great Bay stage...

We also got the Bunny Hood. Majora's Mask isn't one of the most popular Zeldas, and it's a side game, with no Zelda or Ganon, so it's not surprising that it's sidelined when one attempts to represent the series in general.

Even when it was the newest Zelda game, Sakurai kept adult Link s the default one and didn't even base Young Link in his Majora's Mask appearance, but his Ocarina of Time one (different shield, weapon models were taken straight from OoT Link, rather than being based on Majora's Masks).

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
What if, just like the "custom move sets" Sakurai mentioned in the Direct, we had alternate unlockable Final Smashes? Playing Brawl I turned off Smash Balls because they would appear more frequently than I wanted them to (even on Low occurance) and it gets boring seeing the same Final Smash over and over especially from characters who have an easier time catching the Smash Ball (like Ness/Lucas) For example, Link could have a Final Smash where he morphs into Fierce Deity Link and another where he goes to town on his opponent in a weapon-swapping combo frenzy that uses some of the more memorable weapons from all his past incarnation's adventures.

Something like this could help a tad with balance as far as picking a Final Smash that will be best suited for your situation, whether it be Free-For-Alls or One on Ones.

NeonZ

Wait, how were Fox, Samus, Ness and Bowser revealed before MARIO?

Those are just the dates the site was updated. The only starting character not revealed alongside Melee itself was Zelda (Sheik was revealed, but they hid the transformation).

[QUOTE="D";108530745]What if, just like the "custom move sets" Sakurai mentioned in the Direct, we had alternate unlockable Final Smashes? Playing Brawl I turned off Smash Balls because they would appear more frequently than I wanted them to (even on Low occurance) and it gets boring seeing the same Final Smash over and over especially from characters who have an easier time catching the Smash Ball (like Ness/Lucas) For example, Link could have a Final Smash where he morphs into Fierce Deity Link and another where he goes to town on his opponent in a weapon-swapping combo frenzy that uses some of the more memorable weapons from all his past incarnation's adventures[/QUOTE]
Landmasters for EVERYONE

Berordn

I... actually have no memory of a lot of these. Like, I want to just dismiss it as "oh, those were released the night of the Direct", but I must have glossed over those even worse than I thought, because some of these aren't ringing bells.

Also, a lot of them seem to just be white screens, and the ones that aren't are pretty much all 3DS shots.

Yeah, almost all the shots from the press kit that circulated after the direct were Wii U shots. Almost all of these are new.

And they're actually fantastic, zoomed it. RIP 3DS resolution.

Ryce

The 3DS version looks great in those shots. I can't wait to see how it looks on my 3DS -- the captured gameplay footage looks pretty awful.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Landmasters for EVERYONE

Lol well the Final Smashes would still remain character specific of course, but no lazy shit like Wolf having a Landmaster, when he never piloted one in the Star Fox games...dunno who's bright idea THAT was....*cuts eyes to Sakurai*

Top Bottom