• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut

SuperSah

Banned
Holy shieeett.

So many 3DS screens! More Punch Out stage, Jungle Japes, and I love the lineup of Bowser, Charizard, DeDeDe and a scared Luigi in that one pic.

3DS love <3

Berordn

OK, just based on the comments because I can't see the pictures.....

3DS Screens.... are the same ones from here? That were posted a week ago...

No, these are different.

13890625662_ea52ee883g8kye.jpg

Nope, a massive dump of NEW ones! :D

I have massive blank spots on Flickr too.

This is one gorgeous 3DS game.

Ah okay so I'm not the only one. Man ZSS looks hot even on the 3DS one (don't let my wife see this post).

Berodn how are you uploading the flickr pics here? I can't seem to do it.

...and meteors (Ness & Lucas)
...and light arrows (Sheik & Zelda)

Sheik and Zelda will almost definitely have different Final Smashes now that they're not the same character, right?

I never understood why Ness and Lucas' FS wasn't PK Love (or Power, or Rockin' or whatever you called it). If that is supposed to be the Omega level of PK Rockin... it sure doesn't look like it.

Those points are all incredibly stupid. (Not saying you're stupid, to be clear, but this line of logic)

Do you know the odds of making six "guesses" -- just six, when everyone else was making 30 or more -- and half of those six appearing the next day at E3? Do you know the odds of six guesses getting Villager, Mega Man AND Wii Fit Trainer right? Villager, whom common wisdom said was ineligible, due to Sakurai's comments on Villager not working as a fighter? Mega Man, whom common wisdom said wasn't relevant enough due to Capcom's mishandling/neglect of the character, a topic very much in vogue at the time? And Wii Fit Trainer, who literally no one else suggested. Three out of SIX listed. Right before E3. A list of six, getting more right than lists of 30 to 100+.

"Pokémon from X and Y" is easy to explain. The leaker either is in a position to see characters but doesn't necessarily recognize all of them (a lot of people didn't recognize Greninja when he was revealed), or that's the case with the leaker's source. It's not rocket science. It's easy to see how this could happen.

Same with Mii, Pac-Man and Little Mac not appearing at E3. Internally, they could've been circulating those characters, perhaps even considering those characters in the run-up to E3. In the end, they showed Villager, MM and WFT. Each with their own piecemeal trailers, mind you, which makes it easy to see how they could've mixed and matched all of them and doled them out as they see fit, playing by ear what they showed at the big show.

At any rate, three out of six, right before E3. Three out of six. Right before E3. And Wii Fit Trainer. If you were making up bullshit and trying to appear clairvoyant, you wouldn't hedge your bets with only six guesses and make Wii Fit Trainer one of them.

This is a leak. Otherwise, it's the equivalent of taking a few guesses at the winning numbers of the lottery and winning the lottery several times over.
Agree with you. Of course theres a small chance that its not, but it really does seem like a leak to me. Tho I figure it may not be all the characters, since if you add a 5th Side Mario rep (DK,Yoshi, or Wario) and Ridley, which I believe will be in due to all the teasing. (Don't really care for the Metroid series, so I don't care either way but it just seems likely now.) It would make a perfect matching roster of 50 characters like Brawl's roster. (If you cut Squartle, Ivysaur, amd Snake, which all seem likely.) I mean, Sakurai might not care about that of course, but the Brawl roster screen matched really well with each franchise.

Here are my thoughts on the remaining charactes if they turn out to be true: (Which I believe it is)

Palutena: Love the character and was expected. Kinda dissapointed if we don't get Medusa as well for another female and villain (and I really like her design) but glad to have our Goddess.

Mii: As long as they have a fixed move set and can be played online, then looking forward to them. Love miis.

Chrom, Shulk, Pac-Man: Don't really care for these. I really find it hard to believe that they would have three male characters from Fire Emblem before a single female character considering the series seem to be pretty even. I want to like Xenoblade, but can't wrap my head around the batle system and just don't care for it. Pac-Men is meh but deserves the slot.

Chorus Kids: As long as the three kids and not Marshal or whoever. (Only played DS game.) then I'm really excited. I can already imagine playing as them, screaming at opponets. Not that I get the idea in my head, really just want to play as them.

I would rather have some other characters for the most part, but I'm fine if the leak is all we have left. I got my Villager, Rosalina, Mega Man, Greninja. and Palutena. As well what could be a cool Rhythm Heaven character. Sounds good to me.

I have no clue how to view the source.

Can you upload the PO arena pic with Bowser, DeDeDe, Charizard and Luigi?

Also, still getting tons of blank spaces.

You right-click and then select the "View Page Source" option. Then you rummage around all the data until you find what you want. For instance, I want image CTRP_AX_scrnC21_14_Ev04a. So I find where that name is and take one of the links like so:
Code:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7397/13914114734_d25e162b87.jpg

13914114734_d25e162b87.jpg

Sakurai's really jump the shark.

Top Bottom