• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 8: Put mii in, coach

JediLink

I just rather to see only three or four third party members, so 4th spot should go to Snake Simon Belmont or no one.
Fixed.

As far as alt costumes go, I can't fathom how Classic Sonic could possibly work. I mean, the main thing distinguishing him visually from Modern Sonic is the fact that he's short with stubby limbs. His entire skeleton is different. You can't exactly just replace a character's model with one of a completely different size and expect it to still work.

Proto Man would be rad as fuck. If there was a Proto Man alt, it'd be the only Mega Man alt I'd ever use. Bonus points if his whistle is incorporated somehow.

That's not necessarily true -- some assists are rarer than others. I think we've only seen Genesect once, for example. It just seems weird to me that a handful of members with years-old accounts (with no history of interacting with each other) would collude together over something as random and insignificant as... Chunky Kong.

K. Rool and Dixie Kong fans would relish the increased chances of their favorites getting in.

Anth0ny

Okay guys, so I got mayflash adapter and gamecube controller. I forgot how comfortable it is.Looks like I'll be buying $99 bundle now lol.

yooooooooo even PadWarrior got converted to GC controller master race :lol

That feel when they announced the GC controller adapter:

xUeXXpL.png

Next

The more footage comes out the more I like this game, the only 2 negative things are:

1) ppl say spotdodge is too powerful
2) landing lag on aerials

OP shield could be one but apparently shields break easier? not sure. Bowser can shield break with one down B so the shield must have been nerfed. Could be just Bowser though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The more footage comes out the more I like this game, the only 2 negative things are:

1) ppl say spotdodge is too powerful
2) landing lag on aerials

OP shield could be one but apparently shields break easier? not sure. Bowser can shield break with one down B so the shield must have been nerfed. Could be just Bowser though.

Spotdodge? What's that? I'm not sure if I've heard of it?

Next

it's when you press shield, and then press down. Your character kinda "dodges" and gets some invincible frames. Its hard to judge how good it is in this game since there's not a lot of footage.

Spinluck

I found this in an old pre-release Brawl thread here:

So how big did that get after release

Reading through a few pages of that thread was hilarious.

People thought Sonic would be good, and that Meta Knight couldn't really kill (no killing power). Boy did Brawl turn out to be different lol.

Looking at Zero's tier list, I don't agree with his placement of the characters, but I do agree with some of his descriptions. Little Mac is a toss up, I think he will rely heavily on match up and stage advantages. I see certain characters absolutely wrecking him though, especially if they face him on the right stage.

As for Mario, I think he's definitely one of the better characters. Guy almost looks like his Melee self.

Sonic has potential and is dangerous, and I think people are sleeping on him this time. His f-tilt has more priority and comes out a lot faster, it also can KO. His normals got such a great buff in general, and his dash attack now has a trapping effect. I can't tell you how much this SHOOK my opponents. His forward Smash kinda sucks though.. feels weaker, I couldn't kill Marth or Little Mac with it and they were in the hundreds. I'm still kind of iffy on his new down smash, felt weird as fuck. It's basically Fox and Falco's leg split down smash.

Mega Man is weird as fuck. But I think he will tricky as hell in the right hands. The leaf shield is so underrated.

Rosalina gave me trouble, and I was legit fighting Luma at one point and forgot about her ass. Homing attack isn't the greatest move to use on her because it can target Luma too. That little guy has some combos thoooo.

Spinluck

Anyone have a link of Sonic's new taunt? Is the animation different or just what he says?

I selected him for a match yesterday, it was loud as shit.

But I think instead of saying, "You're too slow!!" He says "Super Sonic!" or some stupid shit like that. Honestly they should've just kept the annoying, "you're too slow." That was like, his thing man.

And the other taught I'm sure I heard clearly. He just says, "Come on." Which is dumb because Fox already says that.

Question guys, what's a good USB hub to use for the Wii U? I need once since I have my LAN adapter and external harddrive occupying slots. I plan on getting the Gamecube controller adapter and need 2 slots for it.

Tan

Question guys, what's a good USB hub to use for the Wii U? I need once since I have my LAN adapter and external harddrive occupying slots. I plan on getting the Gamecube controller adapter and need 2 slots for it.

There are 2 in the front and 2 in the back, that should be enough, no?

I selected him for a match yesterday, it was loud as shit.

But I think instead of saying, "You're too slow!!" He says "Super Sonic!" or some stupid shit like that. Honestly they should've just kept the annoying, "you're too slow." That was like, his thing man.

And the other taught I'm sure I heard clearly. He just says, "Come on." Which is dumb because Fox already says that.

No "Step it up!" or anything?

Random odd thought: does Peach have her taunt voice improved from Brawl, I wonder? In Melee she had this annoying, super cute "Sweet!" In Brawl the tone changed and it became less cute. Just annoying.

ffdgh

Random odd thought: does Peach have her taunt voice improved from Brawl, I wonder? In Melee she had this annoying, super cute "Sweet!" In Brawl the tone changed and it became less cute. Just annoying.

No one knows since she wasn't in the demo. Heck she has the least screen time of all the currently revealed vets.

Adding to this, is her "Alright." taunt at least audible?

EDIT:
Ah right, not in the demo.

zroid

Banned
We haven't seen a character select screen with the Mii Fighters in it yet, right?

I wonder if they'll be in three separate slots or if you have to choose your variant after selecting Mii.

Ryce

We haven't seen a character select screen with the Mii Fighters in it yet, right?

I wonder if they'll be in three separate slots or if you have to choose your variant after selecting Mii.
In a Gamespot video, one of the Nintendo employees said that Miis are confined to a single slot.

Toxi

Banned
BOXERCISE!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
Actually, since most of Punch-Out Wii's music was basically different versions of the main theme for each opponent, it'd be really cool if the entire roster got their own version of the Punch-Out theme. Even better if it automatically played if there was a 1v1 Mac vs. (Whoever) match.
That seems like a ridiculous amount of work, but it's be pretty awesome.

It's kinda weird how Punch-Out Wii made that concept work well, since Yoshi's New Island... Didn't.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Top Bottom