• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could still have one, we don't know what his unlock criteria is and how that will work =)

You're right, but at the same time, he sorta fits the same mold as Ness in the original Smash and Marth and Roy in Melee. Final secret character added/unlocked last from somewhat obscure RPG with a cult following.

I hope I'm wrong though.

About Dark Pit, I'm still thinking alt costume with different lines and victory poses like Nakoruru in the SS series.

About Ganondorf, I wonder if while being reworked as a more original character, Captain Falcon will get some of his moves as alternate moves. I mean what else are they going to replace his iconic moveset with?

Daouzin

Welp. :(

But eh, as long as the game is noticeably faster than Brawl Im down.

Yeah it's faster than Brawl and genuinely feels more responsive than Brawl. There is a lot of lag on aerials and a lot of lag when you touch the ground from an Air dodge.

It's just a weird game currently because it feels like you "should" be able to follow up combos and apply aggressive pressure based off of how the moves connect and how fast certain characters can travel, but so many moves have such a degree of lag that in it's current state it's likely to play like high level Brawl in the competitive circles.

After playing about 14-16 two minute battles I think Villager, Link and Zero Suit Samus had the least lag after attacks and hope they represent what the game will play like post-release..

Nx7ZVwv.gif

pikachu breakdancing his ass off. i love it.

Hoping the coming months won't be like how they were after Greninja was announced.

They probably will :(

Honestly there is a lot of stuff we need clarification on like how that mode with the bomb works, what changes on the branching paths in classic mode, palutena's default move set, are there other bosses in the game?

jnWake

Hahaha I love all this analysis people are doing and even some tier lists here and there. It'd be so funny if the final game has many changes and all this analysis is worthless!

That landing lag thing is curious though, it seems that some moves will be riskier since they'll have more lag, but they are also powerful so... it kind of makes sense.

InsuRn

You're right, but at the same time, he sorta fits the same mold as Ness in the original Smash and Marth and Roy in Melee. Final secret character added/unlocked last from somewhat obscure RPG with a cult following.

I hope I'm wrong though.

About Dark Pit, I'm still thinking alt costume with different lines and victory poses like Nakoruru in the SS series.

About Ganondorf, I wonder if while being reworked as a more original character, Captain Falcon will get some of his moves as alternate moves. I mean what else are they going to replace his iconic moveset with?

Ganondorf is my main since Melee, I really hope they don't completely change his moveset but minor changes are welcomed. Like if he could use his sword instead of the Warlock Punch.

Daouzin

Ganondorf is my main since Melee, I really hope they don't completely change his moveset but minor changes are welcomed. Like if he could use his sword instead of the Warlock Punch.

I'm in the same boat. I really only want them to change his neutral B and his up tilt. If they get rid of his jab I'll be exceptionally sad.

Dr.Hadji

This whole deal with the lag is very confusing. Some aerial attacks have an outrageous amount of lag while others have none at all? That doesn't make any sense. Maybe when an aerial misses (like Mario's back air in that gif) get no landing lag so you don't get taken to the cleaners just for missing, but you do get lag when you connect so your opponent has an opportunity to fight back before he gets trapped in a huge combo?

...not that that makes much sense, either.

Played the game at Best Buy. I could do old Kirby Melee combos (those which required l-cancel speeds) easy. Kirby dair into up-tilt. Or Kirby bair into grab/dash/tilt/smash. Honestly some characters having lag after moves and others not could be a case of balancing.

Daouzin

Played the game at Best Buy. I could do old Kirby Melee combos (those which required l-cancel speeds) easy. Kirby dair into up-tilt. Or Kirby bair into grab/dash/tilt/smash. Honestly some characters having lag after moves and others not could be a case of balancing.

Yeah, a lot of characters have good low percentage combos that can utilize up-tilts, but after 30-40% there isn't really much there. But in all the matches I played I never played Kirby so it's possible he's a lot better than the rest. I actually would be totally fine with the game in it's current state if all the characters felt as fluid and responsive as villager, link and Zero Suit, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Too many characters have too much lag. I thought Mega Man felt disgustingly awkward to use. Why isn't neutral b his blaster? Why can't I hold neutral B to charge his blaster?

They will change up everything for Ganondorf.

Do we know this as fact?

SnakeEyez

How amazing would it be if they released a eShop demo. I know many people that would bit a Wii U earlier than expected for that demo.

Berordn

How amazing would it be if they released a eShop demo. I know many people that would bit a Wii U earlier than expected for that demo.

With how rapidly they must be iterating on these builds, I feel like giving a vocal community a snapshot of early development for them to comb over for a few months might be a bad idea if it ends up being unrepresentative of the final code.

AAAAAHHH just found out Palutena is in this! I just wish she wore open-toed shoes so that we could see her glorious emerald-green nails. <3

All that hate for the Chorus Men really confuses me. I think they'd be a FANTASTIC addition to the SmashBros series. There's so much possibility for a character that is three characters in one! Plus, they're so freaking adorable! =3

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
All that hate for the Chorus Men really confuses me. I think they'd be a FANTASTIC addition to the SmashBros series. There's so much possibility for a character that is three characters in one! Plus, they're so freaking adorable! =3

I don't really care about the franchise or so but I'm eager to see what kind of moveset Chorus Men would have. I'm very curious because I have no idea that they would be like.

I need to buy Wii game for my kids because I could see that they might like it.

J-Tier

It's weird that people are hating on a character that they have no idea how they'll work.

No doubt they're going to have some crazy gimmick that'll change people's mind.

Formless

It's probably more because they're taking up a "slot" that could be filled with someone else.

Village

So it was an older build of smash bros.
Hmm I guess the more recent ones would have crashed. Would have been interesting though.

Village

They don't play or give a crap about the series, and feel development time should be going to someone else.

Simple really

Tan

Wait what hate? Rhythm Heaven is fantastic and deserves some recognition. >:|

Sponge

Banned

Some of the hate comes from the fact "it's not the character I wanted!" while others just don't really care for it. I personally am excited to see the Chorus Men.

zroid

Banned
image.php

Rhythm Heaven is the best new IP of the decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom