• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I never thought he'd ever be playable in a million years, but now I'm really excited that Tin Star might actually get a Trophy.

Watch Da Birdie

Isn't that a board dedicated to Mario Party?

I remember coming across it the other day when searching for an old Smash rumor.

It's weird that these leaks keep referring to the Rhythm Heaven reps as the "Chorus Men" when people have said that they're called the "Chorus Kids" in NA/Europe.

SmithnCo

Watch Da Birdie

>Dixie
>Shulk
>Chorus Men
>Ridley
>Bowser Jr
>Mewtwo
>Duck Hunt Dog

As the days go by I'm more and more starting to think this may be legit. :0

I'd be happy with it.

EDIT: Oh, but didn't the rumor mention Dark Pit and Dr. Mario as two other characters...missing from the initial leak, but apparently in (perhaps last minute additions like Lucina seemed to be)

georly

What is this even trying to leak

BtuZqdnIAAAJSVh.png:large

Odie_Esty

I'd be happy with it.

EDIT: Oh, but didn't the rumor mention Dark Pit and Dr. Mario as two other characters...missing from the initial leak, but apparently in (perhaps last minute additions like Lucina seemed to be)

I'm happy with any leak that includes Ridley.

I will be ecstatic if we actually get 7-9 newcomers but with Sakurai's comments about getting close to the end of the trailers, I'm not putting stake in it. Unless of course they have like a super-blowout trailer for release or some don't get trailers.

He said he wanted trailers for all newcomers. But things change in development....maybe they couldn't do it, or decided not to. I don't think anyone knows, and I don't think we will until after the game is out.

Hatchtag

Banned

I'd be happy with it.

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to do the same. I doubt Duck Hunt Dog would be called Duck Hunt Dog, though. I'm guessing he'd be called Dog or Hunting Dog or Dog the Duck Hunter or Dog who Hunts Ducks.

I think Dr. Mario will be in a la Lucina, honestly, but I thought that pretty much once we learned how Lucina is.

SmithnCo

This has really upped the ante

Tilted screen
Blurry screen
Half of it is obscured by a twitter hashtag
Focus of the leak is barely recognizable

Berordn

This has really upped the ante

Tilted screen
Blurry screen
Half of it is obscured by a twitter hashtag
Focus of the leak is barely recognizable

It's so blurry I could barely tell that was Bowser.

I can't tell if that makes it a good leak or a great leak.

Kyzon

I will be ecstatic if we actually get 7-9 newcomers but with Sakurai's comments about getting close to the end of the trailers, I'm not putting stake in it. Unless of course they have like a super-blowout trailer for release or some don't get trailers.

there's also the possibility that some videos will just be in game. It would be pretty cool if you met the requirements and then "NEWCOMER APPROACHING" pops up followed by their Animated trailer which transitions into the fight between you and them.

SmithnCo

there's also the possibility that some videos will just be in game. It would be pretty cool if you met the requirements and then "NEWCOMER APPROACHING" pops up followed by their Animated trailer which transitions into the fight between you and them.

That would be pretty hype.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
http://ssb4dojo.com/post/93775547096/rumor-mill-4chan-15-leak

Rumor Mill - 4Chan 15 Leak
Hello. I’m an employee at Nintendo of America. I can’t say much more about my specific position. But I can tell you this.

There will be a Super Smash Bros. Direct later this month. It will be approximately 45 minutes long, the first 25 of which will be a huge exposition on the 3DS version, and the latter 20 minutes will largely be information about/hinting at things for the Wii U version. Here’s as much info as I can recall.
1. The Direct is essentially made so that all of the Starting characters will be known before launch. Because of this, Wario, Ice Climbers, Falco, and Ness are all revealed to be returning. Wario is shown in a trailer at the beginning, which also introduces a newcomer: the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven. Not all of the confirmed characters will be playable from the start, but I can’t quite recall which characters will be unlockable. I do know he mentioned Sonic, Luigi, and Lucina. Snake is shown at the very end of the Direct in his own trailer.
2. Classic mode has gotten revamped and now has path selection, a more elaborate difficulty selection based on Kid Icarus Uprising, and it’s generally a lot more elaborate.
3. There was a little montage of Boss Characters on both versions. Yellow Devil is one of them, as is Petey Piranha (who appears to be fighting in the same stadium from Brawl, but is now without cages), Dark Pit on Palutena’s Temple, and King K. Rool on a new Gangplank Galleon stage. Ridley is mysteriously absent as ever.
3. There’s a bunch of minigames which are based on classic Nintendo games, only on the 3DS version. Balloon Fight is a mode where four Villagers with infinite Up B fight on the Balloon Fight stage. There’s also a Punch-Out mode where a single player uses Wire Frame Little Mac to take down various foes from a perspective behind Mac in the Boxing Ring. I also noticed an Urban Champion mode, a Mario Bros. mode, an Ice Climber mode, and even a Pac-Man mode.
More to come.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, it's last leak I'm going to post for awhile.

A friend of mine has a contact in Japan working at Bandai Namco on the new Smash Brothers games. He was able to get names of the remaining new characters in the new games. To avoid any trouble my friend asked me to post the names so he would not get caught. So here they are, straightly copied from the email that my friend got:

大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ
シュルク (Shuruk?)
ダックハント犬 (Dog from Duck Hunt)
コーラスメン (Chorus Men)
クッパJr (Bowser Junior)
インパ (Paduca?)
ブラックピット (Dark/Black Pit)
リドリー (Ridley)
ディクシーコング (Dixie Kong)

I don't know all the characters on this list myself, so I can't say if this could be real. But I do know that my friend would not make this up. Take this with a grain of salt for now, but keep these characters in mind when there will be a new character revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom