• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

Please refrain to post spoilers or leaks here, if you found a legit leaks/rumors then please make a new thread based on leaks/spoilers itself.

Alright, it's last leak I'm going to post for awhile.

Heath, follow your own rules!!!!

(Just kidding, i love fake/real leaks)
Also paduca is impa

Also, I totally love the idea of random minigames being sprinkled throughout the classic/adventure mode. Spices it up more than 'fight X opponent(s)'

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
A sig in the shield/dodging image

Also it seems every leak is going all-in on the smashboards stuff now

Yep, SmashBoard really have a huge influence over the rumors. I wonder if they decided to made a huge fake rumor to weed out the information since a lot of leakers like to reused the rumors.

Edited: Always take the rumors with grain of salts.

georly

Most of these leaks kill themselves by their absurdity.

2 of the legit brawl leaks had their leakers defend their sources over and over, no? Have we had anyone defending their sources, claiming stuff like 'trust me, you'll see in blah blah'. Gematsu thing is the closest to that, right?

it's kinda annoying how all the leaks basically merge together. even if the original leak is real, you can't tell if the others just piggy-backed on to it (and added a couple of things) or not.

I like it when he pieces together the new complex Classic Mode from information we've literally all fucking seen in the trailers.

"A Kid Icarus like intensity difficulty setting?! WOW where did you get that scoop?!"

Tripon

2 of the legit brawl leaks had their leakers defend their sources over and over, no? Have we had anyone defending their sources, claiming stuff like 'trust me, you'll see in blah blah'. Gematsu thing is the closest to that, right?

Gematsu is an actual video game site run by professionals though. Your average person on smashboards would have no idea how to get in contact and keep their sources safe from recrimination from whoever they might want to expose.

I think Gematsu is the only leak to have done that. The rest of them just say "my dad works at nintendo so it's true" and the leakers are never heard from again.

Although, now that I think about it, I recall a rather complex leak on Smashboards a week or two ago involving a guy named Shun who did try to defend his source. He told a really long story about a friend of a friend and a whole chain of emails or something. But his leak included Duck Hunt Dog, so, y'know...

I think Heath is the one making them all up lol

Didn't we determine Heath was actually Sakurai just a couple days ago? He's a mysterious guy.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think Heath is the one making them all up lol

PadWarrior PLS.

If I made up the rumors then I would make sure that the leaks are heart-wrenching, painful leak that would make fans crying. However I'm pretty sure Sakurai would beat me to it since it would be like final roster in the game.

Posted this last night and have already gotten a lot of responses; votes have really been all over the place and for unexpected characters. Thought I'd repost for those not awake for the POTD. Promise I'll refrain from posting about this everyday, don't want to spam!

QUOTE THIS POST TO GET A LINK TO THE QUESTIONNAIRE.

And done.

zroid

Banned
PadWarrior PLS.

If I made up the rumors then I would make sure that the leaks are heart-wrenching, painful leak that would make fans crying. However I'm pretty sure Sakurai would beat me to it since it would be like final roster in the game.
image.php

For that picture thing:

Kamek (1)
Balloon Fighter (2)
Dillon (2)
Chorus Kids (2)
Duck Hunt Dog (2)
Paper Mario (3)

Why are the best characters the ones with the lowest cost? lol.

Also, how exacly doesthe english patch from From The Frog Bells Tolls or whatever its called work? Do you somehow transfer the patch to a Japanese cartridge that you import, or do you just download a rom? (I'd obviously buy the cartridge before I download the rom.) Wanna try this game some day. Is it possible to play without English? Obligatory NNNNOOOOAAAA!!!!!!!!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The only "off" part of the Smashboards leak to me is now new Zelda rep...I guess Sheik as her own character might count, and I know Zelda has gone down in popularity a bit recently, but still, I'd expect a new Zelda character.

Especially because since it mentions Ridley, that pretty much seems to say the Trophy Quiz from the Direct probably was really hinting at future characters...except for the Zelda Rep. Fi would've hinted at.

Neiteio

More I think about the idea of mini-games based on classic titles, the more I like it.

So the ideas suggested so far are a behind-the-back view of Wireframe Mac boxing (explaining that one sequence in the April Direct), a round of Pac-Man on the Pac-Man level, Balloon Fight with Villagers having infinite Up B, etc. Also recreations of Mario Bros., Ice Climbers, etc.

They could also create platforming stages for Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, etc., if they really wanted. Maybe a sidescrolling dungeon for Zelda where your bow is needed to toggle distant switches and the move is restricted until you "find" the item in a treasure chest. Likewise, a Metroid labyrinth could restrict certain powers in Samus until she finds them, forcing backtracking. And imagine if Sakurai included a legit F-Zero race for Captain Falcon, or on-rails Star Fox for Fox.

Not saying I think such a thing is in the game, but it'd be a great way to mix up Classic Mode. Kind of a hybridization with Adventure Mode at that point.

J-Tier

More I think about the idea of mini-games based on classic titles, the more I like it.

So the ideas suggested so far are a behind-the-back view of Wireframe Mac boxing
I kind of would've liked the behind-the-back wireframe mac as his final smash instead of giga mac. Would have been neat if different buttons would punch different parts of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom