• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
His comment was answering a question about bringing back all characters from past games, not just Brawl -> SSB 3ds/WiiU

Before Brawl's release, he also said that about Melee.

He never said that. That's just what some fans want.
People translating Sakurai's comments into pidgin English always irritates me beyond belief.

Zalman

guys one thing that puzzle me a lot, why on the supposed "leak" there is no name on the characters icons? All smash bros have names under icons normally...
It doesn't make sense at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf8YhecvEh0
While I think the leak is fake, I don't think there's anything wrong with this. It could simply be because there isn't enough space to write the names. They're on the bottom screen anyway, so I don't see it as a big deal.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Dark Samus makes no sense, Dark Link isn't Link either but is just an alt costume.
True Metroid is under represented but the game franchise is about exploring planets, mostly alone. You don't have that much recurring or iconic characters after Samus and Ridley.

Zelda still have only 4 and no newcomer (and only because Sheik is standalone now), it's very weak compared to the franchise power and numbers of characters. Also weak compared to Fire Emblem. Ganon should be a given (no bad character yet) and I will hope until the end for Impa.

Regarding fakes or leak, several things comes to mind:
Sakurai just said everyone can't return, and the leaks are about making everyone return or almost that;
Sakurai said number of character can't be extended for obvious balancing reasons, and Brawl was almost at the limit;
Sakurai said he don't want clones as far as possible;

So "leaks" made of Shulk and a bunch of clones returning dont exactly get my attention.

Well I will say it again. Sakurai says a lot of things.

one_kill

Dark Samus makes no sense, Dark Link isn't Link either but is just an alt costume.
True Metroid is under represented but the game franchise is about exploring planets, mostly alone. You don't have that much recurring or iconic characters after Samus and Ridley.

Zelda still have only 4 and no newcomer (and only because Sheik is standalone now), it's very weak compared to the franchise power and numbers of characters. Also weak compared to Fire Emblem. Ganon should be a given (no bad character yet) and I will hope until the end for Impa.

Regarding fakes or leak, several things comes to mind:
Sakurai just said everyone can't return, and the leaks are about making everyone return or almost that;
Sakurai said number of character can't be extended for obvious balancing reasons, and Brawl was almost at the limit;
Sakurai said he don't want clones as far as possible;

So "leaks" made of Shulk and a bunch of clones returning dont exactly get my attention.
Things can change

Oh hey Nintendo Australia confirmed the Smash XL yesterday.

Exclusive to EBGames Online, preorders go up on the 27th.

Well well well...

Jawmuncher

Yeah but your comment jinxed it again.

What have I done.
n3nrABXOex-10.png

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm thinking Shiek got a separate slot on the basis of I gave such and such series I don't really care about some artificial coverage so here's your 2 Link's, 2 Zelda's and 1 poor representation of Ganondorf.

Sure he's able to give Metroid 2 reps...er one rep with 2 different playstyles but proceeds to either beat around the bush with Ridley or if you ever had idea's about Dark Samus(yet another Samus oh boy such surprise) you can forget it because lol assist trophy.

Bowser is pretty great to play as though so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Durden77

Oh hey Nintendo Australia confirmed the Smash XL yesterday.

Exclusive to EBGames Online, preorders go up on the 27th.

Well well well...

I hate how Nintendo seems to do this for every exclusive 3DS these days.

EXLUSIVE TO EUROPE!

(Two weeks later)

lol jk its comin to australia

(Another week later)

lawl its comin to japan too

(2 days before US release)

oh yeh an america too whatever

...I still am angry I missed the Zelda one. I heard it was exclusive to Europe and didn't hear any updated news, so I went ahead and bought a regular XL, and then it's in my face...

flohen95

EXLUSIVE TO EUROPE!

(Two weeks later)

(Another week later)

...I still am angry I missed the Zelda one. I heard it was exclusive to Europe and didn't hear any updated news, so I went ahead and bought a regular XL, and then it's in my face...

Nintendo of Australia operates under the Nintendo of Europe umbrella if I'm not mistaken, so it's really not surprising to see the special edition 3DS XL release there, too. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't, to be honest.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

EXLUSIVE TO EUROPE!

(Two weeks later)

(Another week later)

Did it say exclusive to Europe?

Durden77

Nintendo of Australia operates under the Nintendo of Europe umbrella if I'm not mistaken, so it's really not surprising to see the special edition 3DS XL release there, too. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't, to be honest.

All I'm sayin is that to me, they're really bad about being clear on these bundles. Especially after many custom consoles have indeed been country exclusive for years by them. But nearly all of them are released worldwide now, so I guesa I should just expect it.

Pretty much.

Though I wasn't going to be surprised if it didn't come out here, lots of stuff doesn't just because it's a smaller market. We didn't get the Ganondorf figurine ;_;

Anyway I am going to preorder the XL as soon as it gets put up Wednesday morning :D

Doesn't come with a digital copy of the game here which doesn't bother me as I would have bought a separate physical copy anyway lol

Zubz

Banned
Make them say random stuff from Miiverse and I'm in.

How many variants of "Where's Goku? Please Sakurai I will cry for a week if he's not in." will YOU fight?

And 30 year avatar bets? Are you guys serious? Do I need to get Stop.GIF out again? I doubt many of us will still be on this website in 30 years; it might not even be running by that point! Children born now will never know your true avatars until they're old enough to start their own families and support them. We have 3 weeks, guys. We can pull through this. We will beat Sakurai.

JediLink

Hey, well SuperSah can still pull out if he wants. I won't think ill of him; in fact the opposite for coming to his senses.

Golnei

How many variants of "Where's Goku? Please Sakurai I will cry for a week if he's not in." will YOU fight?

If they incorporated the Tomodachi Life voice synth, I could see this being amazing. Especially if you could give your Miis some custom dialogue for taunts and specials. It'd even partially justify the choice to limit their usage online - being able to scream abuse at your opponents via your ingame character as opposed to through a chat function would quickly become obnoxious in random matches.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

And 30 year avatar bets? Are you guys serious? Do I need to get Stop.GIF out again? I doubt many of us will still be on this website in 30 years; it might not even be running by that point! Children born now will never know your true avatars until they're old enough to start their own families and support them. We have 3 weeks, guys. We can pull through this. We will beat Sakurai.
Their children will have to wear the avatar then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom