• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS patch 1.1.6 announced

Nightii

Banned
Happy about no Cloud nerds.

I know some feel he is a little to strong but I think he is pretty well balanced as is.
Now that Bayo's been hit, he is next in the whining list, just wait for the ZeRo video about how Cloud is "toxic for the community" for it to start. :p

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Glad Bayonetta got nerfed. Besides, it was only fair since Corrin was already (I'll miss that counter). Now things are a bit more balanced.

If I can't have that counter, Bayonetta players didn't deserve unfair advantages either.

ciD_Vain

Glad about the Bayonetta nerf, even though I love using her right now lol. Has every character already been analyzed for differences?

Glad Bayonetta got nerfed. Besides, it was only fair since Corrin was already (I'll miss that counter). Now things are a bit more balanced.

If I can't have that counter, Bayonetta players didn't deserve unfair advantages either.
I too appreciate sarcasm.
Glad about the Bayonetta nerf, even though I love using her right now lol. Has every character already been analyzed for differences?
The patch was literally only Bayo nerfs.

Wasn't sarcastic. if Corrin was OP, then Bayonetta sure was. This was overdue.

The only thing OP about Corrin was the counter (killing DK at Dreamland at 40% off of his fair is lolworthy and indefensible). Bayo is only OP if the only thing you know about her are the 0-deaths, and even those are escapable. Not that anyone would know since so few people bother to practice.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
The only thing OP about Corrin was the counter (killing DK at Dreamland at 40% off of his fair is lolworthy and indefensible).

Those were the days. Haven't had as much fun playing Smash Wii U before or since, it was a lot of fun using that move.

I get that it had to go, but Bayo was living on borrowed time herself.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Bayo didn't dominate tourneys because most top players didn't want to poison the sport by playing as her. I watched a ton of local tourneys after she was released, a lot of no-names placed far higher then they would have without using her.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Is the update available everywhere? I just played online, despite still being on 1.1.5.

FSLink

Banned
Is the update available everywhere? I just played online, despite still being on 1.1.5.

No. It's on Nintendo's servers essentially and people have datamined the changes, but you can't download it to your Wii U yet since it's not officially out.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
By the way when considering the quality of a character, what are people generally referring to? I would guess it makes a pretty big difference if you play in stock mode or normal smash, now? In normal Smash, a character like King Dededee with his amazing hammer, is way better than in stock where he is below average. Hope they are able to take both modes into consideration when balancing this.

By the way when considering the quality of a character, what are people generally referring to? I would guess it makes a pretty big difference if you play in stock mode or normal smash, now? In normal Smash, a character like King Dededee with his amazing hammer, is way better than in stock where he is below average. Hope they are able to take both modes into consideration when balancing this.

Modes do not really matter especially when DDD can really struggle at killing people since he is probably the slowest character in the game overall

Morfeo

Modes do not really matter especially when DDD can really struggle at killing people since he is probably the slowest character in the game overall

He is great in 4 player Smash where he dont need to kill people - only smash them. But weak when he needs to deal damage.

FSLink

Banned
He is great in 4 player Smash where he dont need to kill people - only smash them. But weak when he needs to deal damage.

I disagree, in a 4 player Smash where people know what they're doing, it's possible he can sneak a few smash attacks/Gordos, sure, but he's also prone to being juggled to hell by everyone around him to prevent him from doing so.

Morfeo

DDD is who I used to beat classic on 9.0 so he's cool in my books.

Same here.

I disagree, in a 4 player Smash where people know what they're doing, it's possible he can sneak a few smash attacks/Gordos, sure, but he's also prone to being juggled to hell by everyone around him to prevent him from doing so.

Right, with real high-level players (which I have never competed with) this is probably true. In general playing with friends that are decent-to-good, or good AI, he is pretty good though.

Seiniyta

Same here.

Right, with real high-level players (which I have never competed with) this is probably true. In general playing with friends that are decent-to-good, or good AI, he is pretty good though.

Yeah, buffs to Dedede would be nice, but if you're playing casually he's actually not awful. He also has a suprisingly good matchup against Pikachu. if ESAM would go into beast mode and start placing high consistently again I could see Dedede being a counterpick.

Personally I don't mind the nerfs to bayonetta, I'm sure she'll still be good. Though it'll quite some change in gameplay. What I hope is that it brings out more creatvity out of the players.

Bayo didn't dominate tourneys because most top players didn't want to poison the sport by playing as her. I watched a ton of local tourneys after she was released, a lot of no-names placed far higher then they would have without using her.

Isn't that just the same as saying:
"She's so good I'm not going to play her"? So she is good. Amazing even.

Clefargle

The irony is so strong it could almost kill me.

I don't really think ZeRo or Sheik was toxic to the community even prepatch. Unless you were talking about me, in which case:

britney-spears-toxic-wallpaper-3.jpg

mStudios

The irony is so strong it could almost kill me.

Shit that pisses me off is player like Zero never went on a rant about how GOOD their character were (He even mentioned Diddy ban, and later retracted). He never said how good and fucking ridiculous Sheik was.

Bayonetta is released and he even dares to say that Bayonetta carries players xd

He goes from playing Top tier only, to bitch about those who play bayonetta, mentioning that shes toxic for the community. xdddd

edit: Quoted wrong person.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't really think ZeRo or Sheik was toxic to the community even prepatch.

ZeRo (I'll be honest, I don't know much about Smash players so I'm judging based on what I've read above), through the act of complaining that characters are "toxic" to a community because he doesn't like them is far more toxic than whatever his gripes are.

Isn't Zer0 that guy who won the Smash Nintendo Invitationals but playing Sexy Suit Samus and doing nothing but playing the lame game/running/away turtle style? I mean, the game is boring as hell but this was before launch? MUCHARU TOXCUUUUU!

Isn't Toxic a move in Pokemon?

ZeRo (I'll be honest, I don't know much about Smash players so I'm judging based on what I've read above), through the act of complaining that characters are "toxic" to a community because he doesn't like them is far more toxic than whatever his gripes are.

But no-one can deny that Bayonetta is godlike and has changed the game for the worst (in my case she changed it for the good). Right?

Clefargle

Oh you're right there. And he also straight up assumed there would be no further balancing patches in that video.ZeRo does have a lot of insight into being a top player but his opinion on characters seems shallow. Metagame a change and especially with balance patches.

mStudios

Isn't Zer0 that guy who won the Smash Nintendo Invitationals but playing Sexy Suit Samus and doing nothing but playing the lame game/running/away turtle style? I mean, the game is boring as hell but this was before launch? MUCHARU TOXCUUUUU!

Isn't Toxic a move in Pokemon?

But no-one can deny that Bayonetta is godlike and has changed the game for the worst (in my case she changed it for the good). Right?

How far can you go without telling the world how much you hate/find how boring smash 4 is?
Just curious, for real.

Psyfer

I agree with the nerfs. Hopefully this makes Smash fun to watch again, like the Diddy and Sheik nerfs did before it.

I wonder if the tier whores will immediately run to Cloud, or maybe try learning to play Ryu? Perhaps Corrin? Either way, I'm looking forward to there being less Bayonettas running around.

I agree with the nerfs. Hopefully this makes Smash fun to watch again, like the Diddy and Sheik nerfs did before it.

I wonder if the tier whores will immediately run to Cloud, or maybe try learning to play Ryu? Perhaps Corrin? Either way, I'm looking forward to there being less Bayonettas running around.

Ryu isn't top tier and isn't easy. No one is running to him. And I don't get the perception that Corrin is really good. Corrin is low high tier at best, and no top player is going to solo main Corrin.

Psyfer

Ryu isn't top tier and isn't easy. No one is running to him. And I don't get the perception that Corrin is really good. Corrin is low high tier at best, and no top player is going to solo main Corrin.

I feel like Ryu and Corrin both just need 1 player to pick them up and do well to change a lot of minds, especially for Ryu.

I think a lot of people will hop on the Cloud train, realize they're doing poorly with him, and then either go to Diddy, Sheik, ZSS, or Corrin before realizing why they were doing well with Bayonetta. That's just my gut feeling.

I do hope a few of the better Bayonetta players stick with her though.

Bluth54

No. It's on Nintendo's servers essentially and people have datamined the changes, but you can't download it to your Wii U yet since it's not officially out.

It's pretty sad that people can get patches from Nintendo's servers before they actually push the update.

I feel like Ryu and Corrin both just need 1 player to pick them up and do well to change a lot of minds, especially for Ryu.

I think a lot of people will hop on the Cloud train, realize they're doing poorly with him, and then either go to Diddy, Sheik, ZSS, or Corrin before realizing why they were doing well with Bayonetta. That's just my gut feeling.

I do hope a few of the better Bayonetta players stick with her though.

Ryu is definitely good, but he is very different and still not the best. He is being represented decently by Trela already.

No one is going to go to Corrin. I think you're overrating Corrin way too much for some reason. Right now the top characters are Rosalina, ZSS, Sheik, Diddy, Sonic, and Cloud.

Top Bottom