• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS patch 1.1.6 announced

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm expecting the missing DK rap versus, then the whole song again, this time repeated in Latin.

rhandino

Banned
Finally, the time has come for some buffs to Zelda and Shulk!

US8JuNj.gif

Clefargle

I'm hoping that this is one of the bigger more "universal" patches that changes some core mechanic slightly in addition to balancing individual characters. Like the one that removed vectoring and the one that added shield stun. Cmon sakurai!

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm starting to think that Marth is good, just fundamentally different from his past incarnations. He went from being a fairly quick combo (hero) king to a one hit samurai. My friend read a roll in our friendlies yesterday and his tipper f-smash killed me at 66% from the middle of the stage.

66% from the middle of the stage 🙉

Messing around with the latest patch and seeing higher level Marth players...I actually agree. This is from someone who loved Marth in Melee and Brawl to an extent.

I'm hoping that this is one of the bigger more "universal" patches that changes some core mechanic slightly in addition to balancing individual characters. Like the one that removed vectoring and the one that added shield stun. Cmon sakurai!

Remove the ability to airdodge out of tumble, let's go.

FSLink

Banned
Lucina is also really good too now I feel. fair kills at like 130% off stage which is kinda ridiculous considering it's one of Marth/Lucina's main spacing tools, and she doesn't need to tipper.

She also gets side B 1 -> nair -> fsmash as a KO option unlike Marth.

I feel like the two are in a good spot right now competitively, and any buffs would just be nice at this point.

If I were to add a universal thing, I'd make air dodges the same as it is now, but any consecutive air dodge done in the air without landing will cause more lag than the previous.

Oh and fix shield regeneration to be slower, because they regenerate way too fast.

Blues1990

I personally want some buffs, such as a Leaf Shield buff & fixing the hit box grabs, for Mega Man.

It's becoming harder to deal with the Melee-Heavy fighters, especially with dragon lord douche nozzle Corrin ruining my day.

random25

The one thing that needs to be fixed on Marth/Lucina is the dash attack. It starts so slow, hitbox duration is so short, and ends so slow it's not even a kill move to be that risky of a move. Make it as good as Ike's at least.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I'm worried that Sakurai is going to nerf Bayonetta's damage output but not fix the problem with her being able to 0-death off half her moves. It'll make her worse at 4 player Smash, but will do little to change the reason she is despised in the competitive community.

Vena

I'm worried that Sakurai is going to nerf Bayonetta's damage output but not fix the problem with her being able to 0-death off half her moves. It'll make her worse at 4 player Smash, but will do little to change the reason she is despised in the competitive community.

All he has to do is slightly change the KBS on her Witch Twist and Burner Kick to make them unable to chain into one another. Or make it that they cannot follow up one another.

Ryce

I've been waiting over a year for them to fix R.O.B.'s facial expressions and the Koopalings finger glitch. Will this patch be my salvation? (Probably not.)

TWILT

Banned
Now it's Shulk time
and hopefully not just simple 1% damage buffs because he has enough of those. pls give better frame data

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I feel it's too soon after the last patch when people would be just getting adjusted to by now

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm starting to think that Marth is good, just fundamentally different from his past incarnations. He went from being a fairly quick combo (hero) king to a one hit samurai. My friend read a roll in our friendlies yesterday and his tipper f-smash killed me at 66% from the middle of the stage.

66% from the middle of the stage 🙉
Marth and Lucina has been buffed so much they're practically in peds

Boney

Banned
My crystal ball sees a buff for DK, G&W, Bowser Jr, Kirby, Ganon, Shulk and Robin. Nothing game changer for anybody though.
Lucina is also really good too now I feel. fair kills at like 130% off stage which is kinda ridiculous considering it's one of Marth/Lucina's main spacing tools, and she doesn't need to tipper.

She also gets side B 1 -> nair -> fsmash as a KO option unlike Marth.

I feel like the two are in a good spot right now competitively, and any buffs would just be nice at this point.

If I were to add a universal thing, I'd make air dodges the same as it is now, but any consecutive air dodge done in the air without landing will cause more lag than the previous.

Oh and fix shield regeneration to be slower, because they regenerate way too fast.
The problem with Lucy is that all of Marths tipper kill moves aren't kill moves here. Fair, up air, bair, ftilt, shield break and the dancing blade (it can kill but it's less powerful). Those tippers are so easy to hit that they really need to go crazy and buff some of these moves. Maybe add a sweetspot like dsmash where it launches more effectively or something

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
"Patch Notes"
- Fixed sound bug on 3DS with certain characters' up-air moves.

Now that would blue ball everyone.

PMS341

Last patch gave me hope that Sakurai slightly cares for Zelda.

Maining a bottom-3 character will pay off one day.

KingBroly

Banned
Characters that need nerfs:
- Mewtwo
- Bayonetta
- Corrin
- Rosalina

Characters that need buffs:
- ZSS
- Samus
- Lucina
- Zelda
- Jigglypuff
- Ganon (not power-wise)
- Roy
- Duck Hunt

Menitta

Characters that need nerfs:
- Mewtwo
- Bayonetta
- Corrin
- Rosalina

Characters that need buffs:
- ZSS
- Samus
- Lucina
- Zelda
- Jigglypuff
- Ganon (not power-wise)
- Roy
- Duck Hunt

Please. Make down grab xx Up B work better.

I'm wearing a Samus shirt right now FFS.

Top Bottom