• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS patch 1.1.6 announced

I really am starting to believe that Jigglypuff is supposed to be Smash's joke character that was good in the previous games either through a freak accident (64) or because they had another character taking the joke character role (Melee).

Sakurai talked about this before. http://sourcegaming.info/2015/10/13/news-flash-smash-bros-dojo-jigglypuff/ He claims that Jiggs in Smash 64 was supposed to be "intrinsically weak character"...which is incredibly bizarre because she ended up being decent in that game, but alright. He then states that Pichu took the joke character role away from Jigglypuff and thus they decided to "re-design her a bit".

However, since then, Pichu was axed from the series, and now Jiggly is completely awful in both Brawl and Smash 4.

giphy.gif

To me, it seems like Sakurai handed the joke character role back right to Jigglypuff...but this time, he'd actually meant it.

Sami+

Characters that need nerfs:
- Mewtwo
- Bayonetta
- Corrin
- Rosalina

Characters that need buffs:
- ZSS
- Samus
- Lucina
- Zelda
- Jigglypuff
- Ganon (not power-wise)
- Roy
- Duck Hunt

Nutty. The last thing ZSS needs is buffs, she's already top 5. Mewtwo and Corrin don't need nerfs either.

rhandino

Banned
Jigglypuff is fucking terrible
Ganon could OHKO with everything and he'd still suck
Zelda isn't horrific anymore, but she still needs help
I scratched them because those characters (along with Link) are better served with complete reworks and I am saddly not seeing that happening with patches for the current ver.

Jigglypuff was scratched because I do not like her =D

Kyzon

- Mewtwo
- Bayonetta
- Corrin
- Rosalina

- ZSS
- Samus
- Lucina
- Zelda
- Jigglypuff
- Ganon (not power-wise)
- Roy
- Duck Hunt

The hell is this? Bayo just needs one small nerf and she'll be normalized. There are a few moves that disable your DI when she hits you with them, thus making her not have to guess where you'll go after it, and making the followup guaranteed. Take that out and bayo combos become a true game to master. You'll still be able to get 0-Death but that will be your fault because of bad DI just like other 0-Deaths.

The rest of your nerf list is.... questionable at best. Mewtwo? Really? Corrin? He was already nerfed. The speed nerf ruined a bunch of combos, but he's still garbage against shield, so it took a lot away. ZSS Buffs are laughable as well.

But yeah, we need the Hoo Haa with Ganon

Hylian7

Someone thinks Mewtwo needs a nerf?! Hahahahahaha.

I was going to say. That's something I never ever thought I would read.

I do like that Mewtwo is actually considered pretty decent now though. Having balance patches really does make this the best Smash game.

- Mewtwo
Fuck no
- Bayonetta
Yes
- Corrin
No
- Rosalina
Kinda

- ZSS
Fuck no
- Samus
Yes
- Lucina
Maybe
- Zelda
Yes
- Jigglypuff
Fuck yesssss
- Ganon (not power-wise)
Yeah
- Roy
Yeah
- Duck Hunt
Fuck yes

My thoughts.

Also, can Greninja get a bit less end lag on Smash attacks? They feel awful and I don't think they're that strong.

Alsooooooo buff them Miis (sword and gun).

Shinigami

I'm starting to think that Marth is good, just fundamentally different from his past incarnations. He went from being a fairly quick combo (hero) king to a one hit samurai. My friend read a roll in our friendlies yesterday and his tipper f-smash killed me at 66% from the middle of the stage.

66% from the middle of the stage ��

Yeah, tipper is still god-like (though his range on that hitbox is also worse than before, which hurts.) However, his aerial game, which is one of his better tools (well, WAS, anyway) is lacking. Like I mentioned before, all I need is double fair from a short-hop and I'd be more than content. Also, his Dair needs to be a spike from all hitboxes, not from the small frame that it currently is, but that may be asking for too much. :3

I really hope this patch nerfs everyone a decent amount.
Whenever patches happen there are significantly more buffs overall than nerfs, and power creep is starting to become pretty noticeable

FSLink

Banned
I really am starting to believe that Jigglypuff is supposed to be Smash's joke character that was good in the previous games either through a freak accident (64) or because they had another character taking the joke character role (Melee).

Sakurai talked about this before. http://sourcegaming.info/2015/10/13/news-flash-smash-bros-dojo-jigglypuff/ He claims that Jiggs in Smash 64 was supposed to be "intrinsically weak character"...which is incredibly bizarre because she ended up being decent in that game, but alright. He then states that Pichu took the joke character role away from Jigglypuff and thus they decided to "re-design her a bit".

However, since then, Pichu was axed from the series, and now Jiggly is completely awful in both Brawl and Smash 4.

giphy.gif

To me, it seems like Sakurai handed the joke character role back right to Jigglypuff...but this time, he'd actually meant it.

Like I said, I think we all need to want for Pichu's return so he can be the joke character and Puff can be Buff'd to her former glory. :3
I really hope this patch nerfs everyone a decent amount.
Whenever patches happen there are significantly more buffs overall than nerfs, and power creep is starting to become pretty noticeable

Bring on the buffs.

Here are my wishes:

Buff:
Duck Hunt (fix smash attacks)
Lucas (fix nair)
Link (faster jump squat)
Pit/Dark Pit (just give them something stronger. They're one of the rarer picked characters because they're just so...okay at everything. Buff their smash attacks maybe?)
King Dedede (give him a throw setup like 3DS days or buff uair to kill at reasonable percents even when stale)
Falco (same issue with Pit/Dark Pit, make him less...just okay.)
Jigglypuff (lots of issues, just give her lots of buffs)
Shulk (less end lag on some aerials to give him better approach)
Miis (let them be usable in For Glory with their default looks to prevent Hitler Miis)
Dr. Mario (make downB a bit better for recovery)
Ganondorf (faster jump squat? eh I dunno)
Palutena (make her tilts suck less)
Charizard (not sure but he's still kinda meh overall)

Nerf:
Cloud (a bit less dmg/knockback on some of his moves, like uair and fsmash)
Bayonetta (take out the dumb can't DI thing, make ground upB slower)
Rosalina (nerf Luma's knockback)

The last patch for 3DS was about that size too. My guess is that they repack all the content that was not in the retail release of the game, so you have to redownload it every time.

I hope for Megaman and Pacman buffs, and Bayonetta and Cloud nerfs!

Oidisco

I really hope they don't feel the need to further nerf characters like Sheik and ZSS. They're both at a good place right now and don't need any changes at all (though I think the most recent ZSS nerf wasn't needed). Even Rosalina doesn't really need that much of a change, besides lowering the base knockback of Luma up-air. Bayonetta doesn't need a massive change either, just a few small things so that she has to be a little more creative with her combos.

Honestly, I hope this patch is minor for the majority of charcters. I think the only ones who need major changes are Zelda, Duck Hunt, Puff, Palutena, Ganon and mmaaaaaaybe Shulk. Everyone else is pretty solid.

- Mine

- All the others

This was written on the third stone tablet Moses received.

Please give Dedede something. Hit boxes, air speed, or something.

And maybe less recovery for Mega Man's smashes, my boy needs some more solid kill moves than just Bair and back throw.

Bayo doesn't need nerfs.

Eh, there are a couple of things about her that should be touched upon:

-Her up-B shouldn't kill you if you SDI it too well. I know that some other up-B's are like this, and those should get fixed as well.
-Her up-B needs a *drastically* smaller hitbox. It currently beats pretty much anything, including projectiles and many disjointed moves. It makes edge-guarding her nearly impossible.
-Her 0-deaths really shouldn't exist. A way to fix this while keeping her combo game is to simply decrease the knockback of her downwards After Burner Kick and give her a smaller bounce to compensate.

I don't think she's the best character, but she should definitely get modified in this patch somehow.

Top Bottom