• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Growlie19

My. God. The demo was amazing for only 5 characters and Battlefield. Smash hype for you.

Played as everyone 3 times, with Mega Man 4 times. Mario and Link seem better than ever and Pikachu is still as good as before.

Mega Man was a bit odd to play as, being a projectile character, but once I better understood his playstyle, he kicked ass. Landing his final smash is extremely satisfying!

Villager was fun to play as, too. Projectile aerials are cool to snipe from afar, and his Lloid rocket really gets some distance. Disappointed by his down smash, though. They don't stay buried very long.

Items are great as well! The fire rod and the ore club were quite strong. I only ever got Entei out of the Master Ball, and Lyn and Mother Brain were my only Assist Trophy pulls. Hopefully playing more uncovers more.

Overall, I'm just happy I'm playing Smash on a handheld. My college's game room is gonna be great the next couple years! Here's to October 3rd!

ZuLpxEd.jpg

El_Sirio

Neo Member
Hey guys! Anyone with a NA code to spare? We'll have independence holidays here in Chile and I really want to test the might of SSB before the 19th. Thanks in advance and have a smashing weekend.

Domingo.

It is good to hear Amiibos are not required for custom fighters. 3DS controls are odd, but not bad in any way. Curious why they gave two jump buttons...

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Trying out the demo. This game is so buttery smooth, and the 3D is great!

Villager feels great to play as well. October 3rd can't come soon enough!

RaidenXZ

Have been trying to get a demo for so long now. I'm platinum but I never got any codes. Hows the demo for those who got it? Hows Mario?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh no... Custom moves are only gonna be obtainable through the 3DS version...
If you want them in the Wii U, you gotta transfer 'em over.
So the story that the 3DS would be the single player experience where you build up a character ended up true.

Wonder if this applies to all custom features like Mii hats.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Oh, wow, thanks :)

Man, I'm not into J-RPGs, so I gave Xenoblade a miss, but I've been getting quite hyped by its sequel and am getting tempted to give Chronicles a try after all.

Must... not... give... in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom