• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
smash3ds.jpg

Source : http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38495/3ds-can-be-used-a-wii-u-smash-bros-controller

This is hard to beleive o.o

This is it. This is fucking it.

Calling it now, the next generation of Nintendo hardware will complement each other. (The handheld being usable as a controller.)

Axass

Hi SmashGAF. New to smash bros here. Any tips on controls/where I can read up on some of the basics?

Thanks.

There should be a tutorial video in the demo, just stay at the main screen without ressing anything.

Anyway it's (B) for special moves (recoveries, counters and attacks to rack up damage), (A) for standards (used to kill opponents by smashing), (R) is a grab, (L) is for the shield. You have to throw your opponents out of the screen boundaries.

Wait, you live in North America right?
Well from what I have learnt at school Mexico is indeed part of North America along with USA and Canada, but I heard a Mexican guy said it didn't work but I'll try it to figure out. If I can't get to download I will tell ya so you can give to another person.

Mistle

playing the demo, in australia :')

got a NA code from a very generous gaf member, then traded it for a EU code with another generous gaffer, which worked on my old 3DS which didn't have a linked NNID (meaning I could change store to UK).

In any regard, I'm playing Smash right now, and it's fantastic!

Mistle

man, other than the L/R buttons being reversed, playing on 3DS feels WAY better than I anticipated. I thought I'd be wrecking my circle pad. but nope, feels great.

edit: wait, is this a PotD thread? should all demo talk be in the OT? i'll move over there

Yousefb

Damn I literally could not stop playing the demo until the 3ds battery ran out! So much fun! So buttery smooth!
October 3rd can't come soon enough

Edit: if anyone has an NA spare code I'd greatly appreciate it I showed my little brother the demo and he is really sad that he can't play it on his 3ds
I feel bad ::p

Well from what I have learnt at school Mexico is indeed part of North America along with USA and Canada, but I heard a Mexican guy said it didn't work but I'll try it to figure out. If I can't get to download I will tell ya so you can give to another person.
All right - I'll send it to you soon within a few hours.

if anyone has an NA spare code I'd greatly appreciate it I showed my little brother the demo and he is really sad that he can't play it on his 3ds
I feel bad ::p
What did you do with the other three? Why can't you let him use yours?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Treehouse Stream talking about their internal rules.

One is character ownership. I think we can start implementing that rule in the future.

Does anyone know the size of the demo? I gave my friend a code and he can't download it since he forgot his SD card at home (??????????). He is going to the school store tomorrow and he wanted to know if the 512mb one would be sufficient.

Demo is fun though the 3ds circle pad really is awkward as heck for Smash Bros. Game is very good and October 3rd can't come soon enough. Quick character impressions

Mario: Best Mario in a Smash game for sure, perhaps the first time I've really enjoyed using Mario outside of project M.

Link: Also by far the best link, his new dash attack is great and his hookshot is surprisingly fast and good for punishing an opponents wiffed smash. Shocked at how far his up b goes and how far his recovery has come

Pikachu: his back air hits so many times it's ridiculous, his final smash is much easier to use not which makes me happy. His jolt bounces really high now I was able to slide under it as mario and had other projectiles go under it which caught me off guard.

Villager: can't figure out how to kill with this character, also the fact his f and b air are projectiles is hard to get used to. The one time I used the tree it sprouting from the ground killed which makes that move way more useful then I was expecting. A character I'll have to get used to but seems fun

Mega Man: his specials suck and thats really his only problem. I can see him getting a bit predictable which may hurt him in one on one fights but he's still pretty great and his fully charged smash is one of the best in any smash game ever.

Gleethor

Battlefield
-SSB4 Main Theme (New)
-SSBM Menu Theme (Brawl)

Final Destination
-SSB4 Theme Arrangement 1 (New)
-SSB4 Theme Arrangement 2 (New)

3D Land
-3D Land Main Theme/Beach Theme (New)
-SMB3 Medley (New)

Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Road Handheld Medley (New)
-Rainbow Road MK7 (Original?)

Golden Plains
-NSMB Athletic Theme (New)
-SMB Medley (New)

Paper Mario
-Try Try Again (New)
-Sticker Star Medley (New)

Mushroomy Kingdom (Brawl)

-SMB Ground Theme (Brawl)
-SMB Underground Theme (Brawl)

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Obstacle Course (Brawl)
-Yoshi's Story Ending (Brawl)

Jungle Japes (Melee)
-Jungle Japes (Melee)
-Gear Getaway (New)

Gameboy Dreamland
-Kirby's Dreamland Medley (Original*)
-Green Greens Ver. 2 (New)

Magicant
-Eight Melodies (New)
-Smiles and Tears (New)

Mute City
-Mute City Theme (New)
-Mute City Theme SNES (Original)

Corneria (Melee)
-Corneria (Melee)
-Star Wolf Theme (New)

Brinstar (Melee)
-Brinstar (Melee)
-Brinstar Depths (Melee)

Prism Tower
-X&Y Trainer Battle (New)
-Lumiose City (Original)

Unova Pokemon League
-N's Castle Theme? (New)
-Vs Reshiram/Zekrom (New)

Gerudo Valley
-Gerudo Valley Theme (New)
-Ocarina of Time Medley (Brawl)

Spirit Train
-Full Steam Ahead (New)
-LoZ Medley (New)

Arena Ferox
-Id/Purpose (New)
-Fire Emblem Theme (Melee)

Flat Zone 2 (Brawl)
-Flat Zone 2 (Brawl)
-Flat Zone (Melee)

Reset Bomb Forest
-Wrath of The Reset Bomb (New)
-Dark Pit's Theme (Original)

Distant Planet (Brawl)
-Pikmin Title Theme (Original)
-World Map Theme (New)

Warioware Inc. (Brawl)
-Warioware Inc. (Brawl)
-Ashley's Theme (Brawl)

Green Hill Zone (Brawl)
-Green Hill Zone (Original)
-Live and Learn (Original)

Tortimer Island
-Island Day/Minigame Theme (New)
-Kapp'n Song (New)

Wily Castle
-Mega Man 2 Medley (New)
-Mega Man 2 Medley (Original*)

Boxing Ring
-Running/Countdown Medley (New)
-Punch Out! Wii Minor Circuit (Original)

Pac-Maze
-Pac-Man Club Mix (New)
-Namco Medley? (New)

Gaur Plain
-And You Will Know Our Names (Original)
-Gaur Plain Theme (Original)

Pictochat 2
-Pictochat (Brawl)
-Dr. Mario Fever (Melee)

Find Mii
-Find Mii Final Boss (New)
-???

Living Room
-Bath Time Theme Vocal Mix (New)
-Bath Time Theme Non-Vocal Mix (New)

Balloon Fight
-Balloon Fight Theme (New)
-Balloon Trip Theme (New)

Tomodachi Life
-Tomodachi Life (New)
-Mii Channel (New)

BONUS SONGS!
-Link to The Past Dark World/Dark Palace (New)
-Skyward Sword Ballad of The Goddess/Ghirahim Theme (New)
-FUCKING INCREDIBLE MELEE THEME (NEW)

*Original versions of the songs arranged in a new way

Full version of Try Try Again is added.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Does anyone know the size of the demo? I gave my friend a code and he can't download it since he forgot his SD card at home (??????????). He is going to the school store tomorrow and he wanted to know if the 512mb one would be sufficient.
While a 512MB would sufficient for the demo, it's recommended to have a bigger SD card for the 3DS. There's a reason they give a 4GB one with each one (though I'm still clinging on to my OG's 2GB card).

Jawmuncher

Villager is way better than I would have thought. Like that character a lot.

Mega man can go die in a ditch somewhere .
I don't like him.

Don't take it personally. My likes and dislikes of smash characters are always extreme.

While a 512MB would sufficient for the demo, it's recommended to have a bigger SD card for the 3DS. There's a reason they give a 4GB one with each one (though I'm still clinging on to my OG's 2GB card).
He is in college right now and doesnt have a lot of time. He didnt bring any of his games except FEA. He just wanted to play Smash this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom