• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gleethor

What do bonus songs mean? I presume songs only on Smash Run?

Man, the wait for the demo is killing me. 68 % last time I checked and its been 3 and a half hours. Shit intermet is shit. Pls lettuce move next month before any GAF tourneys start. ._.

Songs with no stage tied to them in the 3DS version, presumably they will in the Wii U version.

SERIOUSLY LISTEN TO THIS RIGHT NOW GUYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qvwVkM4utg&index=1&list=UUJikeDwUsl4bee81-5WTXbw

pulga

Banned
Dat demo

So silky

very smooth

The controls feels so good after a while, takes a bit to adjust from a lifetime of only using the GCN pad

What a time to be alive

VegiHam

Hey, so I'm getting this weird glitch with the Demo where when I exit it it turns the whole 3DS screens black and I have to hold the power button to get them to come back. Anybody else getting this? I don't want to have to send my 3DS for repairs again...

Axass

Thanks Ash for the writeup! That NDA sure was stupid... -_-

Tried the demo (thanks again BGBW):

1 - Super smooth 60 fps, holy shit it's great.

2 - Graphics are far better than I thought.

3 - It's hard to get used to the controls. I've got no problem doing smash attacks though.

4 - Hand cramps.

5 - Villager's nice, I can't get the hang of the pocket ability; the baloon recovery is broken as fuck.

6 - Mega Man's specials are worthless, but the standard moves are basically other specials anyway.

7 - Mario feels great, better than Brawl.

8 - Love the tips in between matches.

Kinsei

Banned
Hey, so I'm getting this weird glitch with the Demo where when I exit it it turns the whole 3DS screens black and I have to hold the power button to get them to come back. Anybody else getting this? I don't want to have to send my 3DS for repairs again...

It's not a glitch.

Zoracka

Just got to try out the demo, thanks to SuperSah.

I've been following the 'leaked copies' streams yesterday closely, and the first thing you notice when you boot up the game is how absolutely stunning it looks. The streams do it no justice. It looks fantastic running on a 3DS, and that's not even a XL. The constant 60 fps goodness, so smooth and so delicious to look at. This is by far one of the best looking 3DS games out there, along with A Link Between Worlds.

I actually got around to play Brawl today with a classic controller, because my Wii is not home before next week which meant no GCN controller. The standard controls are identical other than R being your shield and L your grab. I was perfectly fine with this. Anyway, after playing Brawl this game just feels so.. Tight, control-wise. It's super responsive and you actually feel like hitting your foes.

As per characters, I liked Mega Man and Villager, even though my time with them was limited. I've always liked Link, and he feels alot better (stronger). That's great.

I'm looking very much forward to getting the full game in October. This is going to be an amazing game.

And I'd like to thank SuperSah again for providing me with a code.

Mariolee

No telling with this little time, but it immediately feels better than Brawl IMO. Hits feel better when connected and just faster gameplay overall.

Also, just accidentally pocketed Pikachu's thunder with Villager on my first try! Villager is seeming like an awesome character.

We might have to wait for the Wii U version.

Ah, sounds good.

It'll get a tournament scene, but something like EVO isn't so certain.

Yeah, well I mean even Brawl has a small tournament scene. That's why I specified EVO haha

VegiHam

I think it's because the game uses so much memory that the 3DS has to restart when you close the game from the home screen.
That's really odd. I've never seen it happen before.
Actually though, it does give a 'please wait' message that other games don't. So I just have to wait and it'll come back right? My hardware's deffo not broken? That's great to know, thank you.

Incidentally I'm loving the demo and this game is great; but I assume that's been said a million times in this thread already...

Chaos17

smash3ds.jpg

Source : http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38495/3ds-can-be-used-a-wii-u-smash-bros-controller

This is hard to beleive o.o

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm definitely going to play around with controls when the game comes out.

Does X and Y have to have the same command (default jump) or can they be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom