• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT| True Potential of Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibio

Neo Member
Is it acknowledged that there will be more, non-crazy priced, Gamecube adapters coming down the line (UK here)? Already got 1, but my mates are keen for 8 player smash, all using GC controllers...

Also, any agreed best tactic for the event where you need to beat every character in 1 life on hard? Tried it for about an hour with a friend, him Bowser Jr., I was playing Ike, and best we got was about halfway through the roster.

any tips on using Palutena? I thought she'd be interesting ever since she was announced by I've tried using her and am disappointed every time. Such bland special moves. A teleport up+b that does no damage, a counter, a reflect and a ranged attack that is mediocre and easily punished.

You rush the fuck out of people. Her customs may be much better for that purpose than her defaults (dat superspeed + lightweight) but even then when used properly she's a mean rushdown machine.

Neoxon

Buy the quick access pass from eShop for $14.99.

Play Special Orders, Classic or Smash Tour. Also in Trophy Rush you're more likely to get custom moves for the character you're playing as. Take "more likely" lightly.
I honestly would have preferred this, at least at a lower price point. As a tournament organizer who wants to legalize custom moves, the unlocking process is a nightmare.

Okay, trying to get the Master Fortress CDs, which require beating Classic on 8.0 or higher with at least three different characters. I just attempted but failed as vanilla Bowser. Any recommended characters and customizations for these two Challenges?

RPGCrazied

Got the game last night, finally. Shulk is awesome. One thing though is online play has been pretty bad so far, I got a couple matches that was smooth, but most of them was like a slideshow and didn't play well. Anyone else have this problem, or is it my internet?

Puruzi

Banned
Got the game last night, finally. Shulk is awesome. One thing though is online play has been pretty bad so far, I got a couple matches that was smooth, but most of them was like a slideshow and didn't play well. Anyone else have this problem, or is it my internet?

I've played around 700 or so matches and have had lag in like, 10 of them. It might be your internet, or you could be really unlucky and be going against players with shitty connections.

Salex_

Anyone from Bracket 4 want to play?

Maybe you're getting matched up against Japanese players? I've ran into a lot of them today for some reason, so I've had a few laggy matches.

The in-game tutorial shows the complete basics. I think there are a bunch of other videos in the tutorial thread too.

Maximilian's video is good, though there's some profanity in the skits if that's a consideration. You could always skip to the actual educational content.

Thanks guys! Can't for wait Wednesday so I can officially join the WiiU and Smash families!

Me right now:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13690-1368197801-5.gif

Soul Lab

Has anyone some tips for Wii Fit Trainer ? I had good results with her around the 3DS release but now people start to really figure out how to play against her and she have a lot of flaw, especially against short characters

Me ! I already have your ID

cool! room is open

Boney

Banned
That was fun and went better than expected other than a hiccup here and there.

Fun stuff, that fire blitz from Charizard always gets me, I forget he has it.

Still thanks for the fights, guess I gotta keep playing so I can get better.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
That was fun and went better than expected other than a hiccup here and there.

Fun stuff, that fire blitz from Charizard always gets me, I forget he has it.

Still thanks for the fights, guess I gotta keep playing so I can get better.

I have to get ready for work but yeah those were good matches. That last match though with that ledge trump Bowser Bomb just wow.

Soul Lab

GG you too, I was also going to stop after this match x)

Really have trouble against toon link even though he was my main in Brawl, he's still good after all !

yea I like him, even tough I've never played him in brawl. but I've had the feeling that I need another fighter besides Mario. So I tried him and started to like him
Your greninja made me angry xD very hard to k.o. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom