• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread XVIII: Today, we are all Mewtwos

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

I'm kinda shocked that my Director Mode idea never made it into this game. Whereby one player uses the GamePad (or a 3DS in theory) and is in control of item spawning or hazards while four (or more) others play with other controllers. You can tap on the fight while it's happening, grant powerups, spawn bombs between people, tug people around, activate hazards, maybe even control stage bosses on applicable stages. I've been wanting something like that for years, it seemed like such a no-brainer with all the touchscreens floating around.

OH WELL!

That is an AMAZING idea. Someone call Sakurai, have him delay the game until he can implement this.

Or put it in Smash 5. That would be good too.

My Smash Bros got sent out just now by Amazon and should be here tomorrow. I am pretty hyped because me, my bro, and sister are all about this game. Will be perfect to play them online and play them when they come by for Thanksgiving weekend. Left over Turkey and Link kicking ass!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kinda shocked that my Director Mode idea never made it into this game. Whereby one player uses the GamePad (or a 3DS in theory) and is in control of item spawning or hazards while four (or more) others play with other controllers. You can tap on the fight while it's happening, grant powerups, spawn bombs between people, tug people around, activate hazards, maybe even control stage bosses on applicable stages. I've been wanting something like that for years, it seemed like such a no-brainer with all the touchscreens floating around.

OH WELL!

You'll get Smash Run and Smash Tour, and you'll like them!

Cody_D165

Banned

OH WELL!

at least my Smash Bros. Mario Party idea made it in (kind of)

I wish I could go to a midnight launch... but I have to get up early tomorrow and I need to be alert.

By the way, Amazon added release dates for amiibo outside of Wave 1.

Wave 1 - November 21, 2014
Wave 2 - December 14, 2014
Wave 3 - February 28, 2015

Here's proof in case Nintendo makes Amazon take the dates down.
e5psyGO.png
hLzEK2F.png

Camjo-Z

My Wii U started giving me connection errors for the first time in ages when I went to download King of Swing, nearly had a damn heart attack thinking this would be TWO Smash games I couldn't play online. Luckily it seems to be back to normal...

"gotta go fast" event rofl.

cum on step it up!!!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Best Buy still hasn't shipped my bundle. Still preparing order. Safe to say I am not getting it tomorrow, I think.

And I'm not even really that disappointed. PM and Mario Kart got me covered.

Pizza

It was more fun when we were speculating over everything, it kinda died with the 3DS version release.
Oh well, there is still DLC to speculate over.

I'll speculate about Wonder Red dlc until they say that there's nothing else and I disappoint myself. #believe

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Somebody in the review thread dropped info about the adapter only needing one USB port and the second is used for rumble. I can't find anything about that anywhere else though.

Anyone seen anything?

What are the odds of me going into walmart at midnight and picking this up off the shelf?

Probably 99% unless you want the bundle. It being Walmart, there is that chance they will have misplaced the box the games are in and you won't be able to buy it. That happened to me with 3D World.

Guys, 12 AM EST = 3 AM here in Brazil.

I have to wake up early for work, so...

I'm going to sleep right now and set the alarm clock to 3 AM, so I can play for an hour, go back to sleep, then wake up again at 7 AM for work ^_^

Drago

Wow it just hit me. We are likely experiencing the very last moments of POTD threads.
Probably the most fun I've had on GAF was reading and participating in these threads. Hard to believe it all ends tonight. It's been real, folks!

Here's to Smash 5 (or 6 whatever) speculation threads 4 or 5 years from now. :D

LostAnkh

I recently started being active on this thread after being a long time lurker on GAF, so here's to loads of fun with you guys and this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom