• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread XVIII: Today, we are all Mewtwos

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

GUYS!! How many hours till digital donwload can be played?? I Ask because I´m from Chile and we have different times!!

Just hit eight hours by my reckoning. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Beaten, but at least I was right. And it all assumes nothing goes wrong with the preload system.

Thanks to you all!! It will be 2 AM here so I will try to hold on or wait till tomorrow night.

Funny thought. The physical edition would be faster to get than the digital.

Paid it off today at Gamestop. The cashier told me there's a chance Amiibos will be sold at midnight.

If so, I will probably get two, maybe Link and Fox or Villager and Fox.

LostAnkh

Paid it off today at Gamestop. The cashier told me there's a chance Amiibos will be sold at midnight.

If so, I will probably get two, maybe Link and Fox or Villager and Fox.

Paid off mine yesterday night. I'm also hoping to get some amiibos, specifically Samus and Marth.

Rated-G

I preordered from Toys R Us online to take advantage of the free Amiibo figure of our choice deal, and I chose the free shipping. Does anyone have any experience pre-ordering from them? Are they usually good about getting the game to you on the day of release? I know they used to be notoriously horrible about it but I hadn't heard anything in the past few years.

AgeEighty

Status from Amazon is still "Shipping Now" on my GameCube adapter and "Pre-ordered" on my black NGC controller, though both say delivery is guaranteed for tomorrow. I'm getting fidgety watching neither of them budge.

RetroMG

Is today the slowest day ever, or is that me? I've been cleaning all day for a Smash party I'm having tomorrow night, and it's still only 2:45.

Mr. Doop

I'm sadly not going to be able to get the game until early December. I still look foward to smashing with you all, but at a later date.

Jagsrock

Banned
I preordered from Toys R Us online to take advantage of the free Amiibo figure of our choice deal, and I chose the free shipping. Does anyone have any experience pre-ordering from them? Are they usually good about getting the game to you on the day of release? I know they used to be notoriously horrible about it but I hadn't heard anything in the past few years.

Not comepletely sure but I ordered 3 amiibos from them to take advantage of the 3 for $30 deal and so far they haven't sent me any notification that they have been shipped. Unfortunately my guess is they won't ship them until tmrw.so probably won't arrive till sometime next week.

Gino

On man, my best buy order finally went to shipped status but ups says expected delivery 11/22.

That sucks, I ordered well in advance and selected the option to get it 11/21.

Lame

Tesseract

Banned
This is unlocking at midnight EST for the US right?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23567-1401374124-4.gif

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
This is unlocking at midnight EST for the US right?

Yeah, that's what I hear. I'm assuming it will download itself and install automatically as long as you're connected. I'm going to get up an hour early and check it out before work in the morning. I hope it'll be ready to go!

Thanks to Smash next week and my new-found addiction to Mario Kart, I don't think that a Nintendo console has garnered this much excitement and play-time ( which will exponentially grow ad infinitum thanks to Smash ) since the golden days of the GameCube! Nintendo has completely changed the course of its ship as far as I am concerned - Wii U is the follow-up to GC that I've waited for ( for years ).

Clefargle

Loving my choice to go digital with this game. I've already pre-loaded it and hopefully the launch goes well and I can play immediately after the update. I still have to drive three hours tomorrow to get my smash coin for my physical preorder. But that will be worth it. Sooooo close! Soooo hype!

Really tempted to buy digital even though I have the bundle preordered at BestBuy (~$85 with GCU). If I do that and proceed to sell the sealed copy for $55 on Craigslist, then I'll have gotten the adapter and controller for only $30. And worse comes to worse I could sell it for $50 real quick and have only paid $35.

Decisions...decisions

Mugiwara

Neo Member
Best Buy shipped my bundle!! THIS IS IT!! FINALLY!!

I rarely posted in these threads, but I just want to say that GAF made the hype/wait for this game so fun to follow. Looking forward to some online battles!

Yeah the hype is getting to me. Having an Amibo shipped to me tomorrow as well when I had no intentions to get one at first. lol

Picked up Fox. One of my favorite characters from Melee.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hope my store offers Amiibo, I wanna get at least one to see how it works...

Hopefully they have mah boi Pit. Or the dongster. Although I guess I should get Link for the Spinner in HW.

I have an idea for Smash Run on Wii U.

It's the same idea, but all 4 players are on the same stage. When you find each other you can fight or run. Also add options for the end Smash match because the random 1 minute smash isn't that great of a finisher. I'd rather give it at least 2 or 3 minutes, or even stock. Would be dope.

Flowmoney

I really need a Wii U GameCube adapter or I might as well cancel preorder for game and controller.I can save the trip and get the game digitally.

Sucks that I didn't know you could preorder controllers and etc....guess that shows how much I care about video games in general.

15 adapters seems like a low number , when people could buy more than just 2 of them for like multiple setups.

Kandinsky

Thanks to you all!! It will be 2 AM here so I will try to hold on or wait till tomorrow night.

Funny thought. The physical edition would be faster to get than the digital.

They were selling the game @Eurocentro since tuesday D:

I'll be pulling an allnight with my kids, it will be funz.

emb

So it turns out my Gamestop IS doing a midnight launch.

Now I'm not sure exactly how to handle tonight. I want to go there to pick up my preorders for Smash and ORAS. But I also need a bundle, tonight. So I'm gonna be running around to Wal Marts. And I'm also gonna be going to a Melee/PM tournament outside of a Gamestop. Hopefully that will let me out a little early to go look for bundles.

I'm also not sure what bundles to get/not get. I have to have one, for the box if nothing else. I'll probably get the game for a friend, and another for my brother/niece. But I'm not sure if the recipients want bundles. Hmmm... I'll get it done, but Smash launch night just seems overwhelming right now.

Man the bestbuy around the way is sold out of the bundles. I went there to check and they said they don't know when they're getting anymore in stock. I might check out Wawlmart and get it there since it doesn't show as sold out. I'd save a ton of money if I buy it from Bestbuy with GCU and certificates.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I believe intelliheath can put up the OT now cause some people have early copies and such, thats what the last few OTs have done.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm kinda shocked that my Director Mode idea never made it into this game. Whereby one player uses the GamePad (or a 3DS in theory) and is in control of item spawning or hazards while four (or more) others play with other controllers. You can tap on the fight while it's happening, grant powerups, spawn bombs between people, tug people around, activate hazards, maybe even control stage bosses on applicable stages. I've been wanting something like that for years, it seemed like such a no-brainer with all the touchscreens floating around.

OH WELL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom