• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U to be release on Dec. 5 in Europe

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
They have to release in November unless they want Wii U to be stepped on into the ground.

Selling more software + amiibo that bring net gain vs. selling hypothetical more consoles (which anyhow depend on whatever Black Friday deals are) which brings not that much.

Edit: plus competing for advertising space in the shops with GTA V, AssCreed, FarCry and whatever is there.

18 x $15 = $270.

:lol

I'm so glad I don't find that shit appealing.

Excited for the first (hopefully) good Smash since Melee though.

Lernaean

Banned
Awesome, just in time for Xmas.
I don't want to be unpleasant, but it wouldn't shock me if the NA release is the same and the late Nov rumor is for Japan, like the 3DS.
In any case it's before the holiday, which is good.

Edit: Spoke too early? XD

Lucifon

Other tidbits

Captain Toad on December 5th, $39.99
SSB for 3DS at 2.8 millions now, so 1.2-1.3 millions in the West.

Wtf...so Smash is 21st Nov in US and 5th Dec in Europe, AND Captain Toad is 5th Dec in US and sometime in 2015 for Europe? Wow, Nintendo.

Taker666

A very late release for the Christmas sales period in Europe. Also very late for a new hardware bundle (if there is going to be one).

November 21st is about the latest I would have risked release.

No big new release for November in Europe seems a tad nuts....unless they are intending to really push Mario Kart 8 again (although I suppose they could do a new version with the Zelda DLC/Amiibo support included).

Grizzo

Why is it coming out two weeks after the US? Why would they not release it at the same date worldwide? Just because of Pokémon?

And why is Captain Toad delayed? I still don't get it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Wtf...so Smash is 21st Nov in US and 5th Dec in Europe, AND Captain Toad is 5th Dec in US and sometime in 2015 for Europe? Wow, Nintendo.

January 2015.

Why is it coming out two weeks after the US? Why would they not release it at the same date worldwide? Just because of Pokémon?

And why is Captain Toad delayed? I still don't get it.

See above, Nintendo can't compete with Rockstar and Ubisoft in Europe.

Sadist

BzVwEjjIEAABRRb.jpg:large

hiro4

I'm really glad that they put out these bundles, but one part of me really hates this since I tend to get all my games digitally.

Especially now with the possibility of a discounted/free Amiibo or GC adapter.

Well at least we got the dates for Smash. Sorry UK for getting it two weeks early, but you guys got AA vs. PL 8 months early ... So we are even.

Super odd that it's coming out a bit later in Europe after the 3DS version launched at the same time in both regions. I wonder if the Japanese version is coming out on the 21st as well.

EDIT: Fuck, it comes out on the same day as Pokemon ORAS, I hate when Nintendo does that.

The did similar with 3D World, releasing it a couple of weeks earlier in the U.S. Waiting was torture!

I don't know what I'd ever use the Amiibos for but they look like they're going to cost me plenty of money. From the new ones shown, I want that Captain Falcon one.

Haldinian

The adapter pack would be better if it had an alternative version with a Smash GC controller included (although it would cost nearly 100 bucks...).

So close to finally getting a smash game where some of the secrets wouldn't be known online in advance, yeah sure we already know the characters but even stuff like hidden stages and music would be nice to just stumble across unknowingly, 2 weeks is a surprisingly long time to try and stay in the dark in internet time, that and I'm almost surely going to spoil myself, ah well at least it's actually this year I suppose and not 6 months later.

A little disappointed we aren't seeing a 3DS/WiiU game version bundle together, but that's not really expected. Would have been a great present to ask my wife for Christmas... now I actually have to decide on one or the other... Curses!

The game comes out in Japan on December 6th? Wat. That's so fucking weird after the Japanese version of 3D came out nearly a Month before the western version.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So close to finally getting a smash game where some of the secrets wouldn't be known online in advance, yeah sure we already know the characters but even stuff like hidden stages and music would be nice to just stumble across unknowingly, 2 weeks is a surprisingly long time to try and stay in the dark in internet time, that and I'm almost surely going to spoil myself, ah well at least it's actually this year I suppose and not 6 months later.

Well maybe YankGAF can be nice and put things like stages behind spoiler bars.

Grizzo

Going against GTA V and 10 or so games from Ubisoft around 21st of November wouldn't have been the smartest idea in Europe. I'm not sure how this will play for NoA either.

But people buying GTA are not the same as those buying Smash Bros? I mean surely Smash is already gonna have a fantastic first week of sales due to hardcore fans who've been waiting for this game since 2010.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
BzV0BNwIQAAOmu_.png

Nintendo Twitter said:
This Nintendo #GameCube Controller – Super #SmashBros Edition will launch on 05/12

But people buying GTA are not the same as those buying Smash Bros? I mean surely Smash is already gonna have a fantastic first week of sales due to hardcore fans who've been waiting for this game since 2010.

There might be not be the same, but the advertising space in the shops is the same. And a lot of Wii U owners have more than 1 console and family money compete for more than just 1 game. Also as a PR it's better to be the best seller in a week than the 3rd or whatever. I'm sure Nintendo wants to sell the game (and the console) to more than just the most hardcore fans.

HIR0

It's been dated for the 6th of December in Australia and New Zealand according to the official Nintendo Aus/NZ facebook page.
Edit: Beaten

Porcile

Two weeks? That's killer, but at least 3DS version exists, that's something...

Price seems good for Gamecube Adapter Bundle.

Sadist

I'm gonna avoid the Smash thread for two weeks actually. Will be difficult, but hey, whatcha gonna do.

Better than three months

Edit; whats the price of the adapter? Does anyone know?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Need to know how long the cable for that GCN controller is, otherwise I may consider buying a Pro Controller instead.

Australia seems to be only selling the GC controllers through customer service but it says nothing about that for Europe.

CentroXer

Banned
bullshit tactics by Nintendo as usual. Mario Kart 8 was a worldwide release, there is no reason Smash couldnt release in November.

First the regionlocking and now this.

bullshit tactics by Nintendo as usual. Mario Kart 8 was a worldwide release, there is no reason Smash couldnt release in November.

First the regionlocking and now this.

Shh... if they hear you bitching they'll return their policies from the 90's and you won't see a release for another 8-12 months!

flohen95

Well at least we got the dates for Smash. Sorry UK for getting it two weeks early, but you guys got AA vs. PL 8 months early ... So we are even.

lol

Do you have any idea what shit Europe went through when it comes to game localisation in the last 3 decades or so? Give me a break.

woopWOOP

Hey, waiting two weeks more is better than three weeks. I'll take it.

Time to convince my family for bigger Sinterklaas gifts this year :V

Top Bottom