• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

-Horizon-

Team neutral still the best team.
e5YuU.gif
Indecisive protagonists make anime boring.

Village

Also the most BORING team.

Team Nuetral gets to lurk.

That's all I need really.

Indecisive protagonists make anime boring.

I think it makes things interesting if its played well. No one really knows what to do, and to be honest many of us would be in simular sitatuations. As long as you don't do it too or too much, then again that could be said about anything. That reminds me, I probably need to watch more animu, I read the manga's for the most part and I have know effing idea whats on the anime is even on right now for the most part.

April first 1st? I did not catch that part...

tumblr_m9iuse53Nf1qh0n97o1_500.jpg

Not sure if NamcoBandai is trolling now....but why even state a joke just over a name change?

In related news, at a board of director’s meeting held yesterday, Namco Bandai announced that they are changing their name to Bandai Namco starting April 1st.

Reported By Gematsu
Source PDF

I wonder if the change in copyright was the reason we haven't got a new trailer lately.

EDIT: Didn't see a thread about this, so I figured I'd post it
EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, there is a thread.

Can't wait for Smash Wii U Super Bros.!

In related news, at a board of director’s meeting held yesterday, Namco Bandai announced that they are changing their name to Bandai Namco starting April 1st.

Reported By Gematsu
Source PDF

I wonder if the change in copyright was the reason we haven't got a new trailer lately.

EDIT: Didn't see a thread about this, so I figured I'd post it
EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, there is a thread.

So instead of Pac-Man, we're gonna get...What's Bandai's flagship franchise again? Ben 10? Power Rangers/Super Sentai?

DaBoss

Should be noted that they were known as Bandai Namco prior to this in Japan. It was in the west they were known as Namco Bandai. This change makes them known as Bandai Namco in the west as well.

Maybe they want people to think its a obvious april fools joke in order to distract them from a real announcement........PACMAN REVEAL OUT OF NOWHERE!

SkyOdin

April first 1st? I did not catch that part...

tumblr_m9iuse53Nf1qh0n97o1_500.jpg

Not sure if NamcoBandai is trolling now....but why even state a joke just over a name change?

April 1st is the start of a new fiscal year. People had the same reaction when the Square Enix merger was announced to occur on April 1st, but that was very real.

April 1st is the start of a new fiscal year. People had the same reaction when the Square Enix merger was announced to occur on April 1st, but that was very real.

Huh....guess I can take off my tinfoil hat then.

Seems like things have slowed down here....SmashGAF got burned out because of that leak?

Seems like things have slowed down here....SmashGAF got burned out because of that leak?
It's been discussed to death, it's the start of the weekend, Friday's picture wasn't incredibly interesting by any means... I'm okay with the topic slowing down if that means less bullshit clogging the topic.

I'm still undecided what "Team" I want to join regarding the leak. I think Palutena is in no matter what, but i just don't know if the screenshots are really good fakes or if it's legit. Looking at BitF comic made me realize she does have a little Power Star on her belt, which seems like something a fake wouldn't have. I just don't know.

Btw, what are those Palutena sprites supposed to be exactly? Is it her and get neck? Or is it her head in a tiny body? Love seeing Psuedo Palutena though.

I'm still undecided what "Team" I want to join regarding the leak. I think Palutena is in no matter what, but i just don't know if the screenshots are really good fakes or if it's legit. Looking at BitF comic made me realize she does have a little Power Star on her belt, which seems like something a fake wouldn't have. I just don't know.

I get the feeling I'm going to be spamming this image a lot over the next few days...

Eh, still seems like the kind of Easter Egg Sakurai would add, guess we'll have to wait for the Wii U screenshots :)

1. The shots I just showed you clearly show that it's just the chain she has on the Brawl model, and not a star.

2. When has Sakurai ever deliberately modified a character's design to reference another franchise?

Keep in mind these are offscreen shots and the edges of the screen could appear to be a bit lighter because of the backlight.

The impressions on the reference image go up the entire amulet to the chain. The leak is just two dots, and it's very clear there's no continuation of the dots going upward or downward, even keeping the edges being lighter in mind.

Edit: closer I inspect the less it looks like a power star. I concede.

The impressions on the reference image go up the entire amulet to the chain. The leak is just two dots, and it's very clear there's no continuation of the dots going upward or downward, even keeping the edges being lighter in mind.

Look at the bottom-left image. It's the other leaked shot, and it clearly shows a chain in the same spot as the object in the top-left image. It's a friggin' chain.

I'll admit this is kinda reaching here, but does Snake's Smash-branded box count?

Cardboardbox_2.jpg

Eh, I'll count it.

Jagsrock

Banned
Look at the bottom-left image. It's the other leaked shot, and it clearly shows a chain in the same spot as the object in the top-left image. It's a friggin' chain.

Eh, I'll count it.

If you compare the "powerStar" to the other long chain on the top left of the belt. It looks distinctly different to me. It may be part of a chain as well but it looks to have a different design. There is no visible bar running through it.

I'm also unsure that the image of Palutena disproves the 'power star'. It gets way too blurry to tell for sure, and there's the possibility that the star is just in front of the chain.

#teamstar
=P

-Horizon-

I'm also unsure that the image of Palutena disproves the 'power star'. It gets way too blurry to tell for sure, and there's the possibility that the star is just in front of the chain.

#teamstar
=P

Uh oh, more teams to sign up for lol.

Anyone know where I can find that old QQ moe avatar? I am just kicking myself for not having it on my computer...

The Sylveon girl one?

Top Bottom