• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Means Nomad said:
These kind of responses are going to make me want to throw up all over people's laps for the next few months.

Forgive me for expressing my opinion.

I'm sure everything except the intro and the main/menu theme music will be better in Brawl, though!

Perhaps there was a change in the starting roster that no one knew about? Placing Ness and Marth in the starting roster, or perhaps they are the first to be unlocked via SSE. /shrug

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...

How can I be the only one baffled by the apparent Samus/Pikachu pairing. I mean, seriously. Who saw that coming?

DeceitDecide said:

How can I be the only one baffled by the apparent Samus/Pikachu pairing. I mean, seriously. Who saw that coming?

It's like Sonic kissing that chick all over again...

I thought Marth had a tiara

esbern

random guess, but i bet that opening shot wil all the characters looking out into the ocean on the cliff is going to get more filled with characters, since there is a whole bunch of space on the bottom.

MisterHero

DeceitDecide said:

Samus clearly enslaved Pikachu to power her suit.

Jiggy

Gunloc said:
I'm upset that Captain Falcon got screwed out of being in the opening. Why did Ness and Marth get to be in, but no one else?

But besides that it was AWESOME.
I'll quietly be hoping that there's an extended version of the opening after you unlock everyone. >_>

DeceitDecide said:

Samus is never surrounded by human characters except in Prime 3, and always surrounded by creatures with special inherent powers. Seems fine to me. :D

ezekial45

Banned
Gunloc said:
I'm upset that Captain Falcon got screwed out of being in the opening. Why did Ness and Marth get to be in, but no one else? I understand why Sanke and Sonic got in, but I wished all the secrect charcters got in. Maybe once you unlock everyone, there will be a new opening. *wish*

Maybe they're saving him for when you play through SSE. To make it a surprise.

2rh7fyc.gif

2w2po4o.gif

i4phxj.gif

this is all too badass

esbern said:
random guess, but i bet that opening shot wil all the characters looking out into the ocean on the cliff is going to get more filled with characters, since there is a whole bunch of space on the bottom.

Damn, good eyes man that makes a lot of sense.

Gunloc said:
I'm upset that Captain Falcon got screwed out of being in the opening. Why did Ness and Marth get to be in, but no one else? I would have understood if only Sanke and Sonic got in, but I wished all the secrect charcters got in. Maybe once you unlock everyone, there will be a new opening. *wish*

Well, best not put him in the intro when he's not in the game.

Maybe

Sciz

Iam Canadian said:
I never once thought he was. It's simply not in his character to be behind what the Halberd has been doing.

I wouldn't have been surprised if he got brainwashed.

Again.

Obviously, Captain Falcon has to make the most dramatic entrance possible. Falcon Punching the halberd as they attempt to ram the castle, utterly destroying it.

Dreavus

holy shit... HOLY SHIT.

This is amazing. I love all the different pairings, Samus and Pikachu? Marth and Metaknight?

YES.

Raw64life

It seems like the animations in the first ten seconds of the video leave room for other characters to be added into the shots as you unlock them.

MGrant

crowphoenix said:
Obviously, Captain Falcon has to make the most dramatic entrance possible. Using his knee on the halberd as they attempt to ram the castle, utterly destroying it.

Fixed.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
And that scene with Fox flying towards the Halbred raises the need for an extremely badass and serious StarFox game more than ever. Watching him fly through the volleys of gun fire with that intense look on his face is shear awesome.

Nabs

fucking epic. i don't know why, but the shot of fox at around 1:30 makes me want to punch somebody. i need this game.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Watching this intro...over and over...makes me feel like a kid again.

Seriously. I can't even remember the last time I've been this excited for a game. Not even Galaxy came close.

Jiggy

I like how Sakurai handles Star Fox more seriously than anyone has since 1997, takes Mother as a global franchise with long-lasting value more seriously than Nintendo of America or Europe ever will, and has given Samus a better enemy to fight against than any of the Metroid Prime games. Oh, and Link's expressions are leaps ahead of that cross-eyed Twilight Princess stuff.

Jiggy37 said:
I like how Sakurai handles Star Fox more seriously than anyone has since 1997, takes Mother as a global franchise with long-lasting value more seriously than Nintendo of America or Europe ever will, and has given Samus a better enemy to fight against than any of the Metroid Prime games. Oh, and Link's expressions are leaps ahead of that cross-eyed Twilight Princess stuff.

Sakurai, Jiggy, Sakurai. He cares when Nintendon't.

Linkzg said:

I am watching that and listening to Sonic Boom over and over again. I am such a dork and I LOOOVE it.

Cowie

now, I don't doubt that marth isn't in, but i have to be the asshole who says 'Yeah, well star wolf was in the intro to melee'

Fenix

Jiggy37 said:

Soooo..... when are we starting the Cult of Sakurai?

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
Sakurai, Jiggy, Sakurai. He cares when Nintendon't.
I know it. Don't I know it. ;_; Restoring the credibility and importance of Nintendo's own franchises with just a single game.

jgwhiteus

Cowie said:
now, I don't doubt that marth isn't in, but i have to be the asshole who says 'Yeah, well star wolf was in the intro to melee'

Wasn't the Melee intro original footage, though? This seems to be composed of SSE cutscenes...so if Marth were in SSE, wouldn't he be a playable character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom