• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raging Spaniard said:
codyavatar.jpg

I'm usually not guilty of the whole, "I recognize people by only their avatar" thing.

MagnusReloaded

Neo Member
AkumaHokoru said:
blackvegeta chillin in my room poundin out a random ryu -lol-

Oh great, so you were watching my Rose getting smashed in the face too then? Oh the shame.....oh the humanity.....oh the profound sadness of it all! :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
DryEyeRelief said:
I'm usually not guilty of the whole, "I recognize people by only their avatar" thing.

Oh, well then, I think hes a dude

Ive never heard of RS4, I think he got in trough PM, but thats OK, I have faith in the awesome

As for my other fantabulous teammate, he had this to say for himself earlier

henhowc said:
I apologize in advance to whoever I get paired up with (if I get in).

WE CANT LOSE! N33S? WHO THE FUCK IS THAT? HE SAYS HE ATTENDS KEYSTONE BUT NOBODY BELIEVES HIM! BOO!

Snapshot King said:
Let's be honest though, does overall talent even really matter? Doesn't it come down to the strongest player on each team, barring spectacularly poor matchups?

yeah. that's why it's better to have them fight everyone on the team fight once and add up the scores at the end. I don't know how they're doing this one.

Jenga

Banned
I hope this goes well! I'm grabbin Xbox live next month, so I couldn't participate. Let's hope this is successful enough for Kadey and MarkMan to consider another GAF tourney in a few months.

MagnusReloaded said:
Oh great, so you were watching my Rose getting smashed in the face too then? Oh the shame.....oh the humanity.....oh the profound sadness of it all! :lol
Just playing Endless battle and I waxed some scrub Ryu, then some random ass Cammy beats me, :lol

MagnusReloaded said:
nah he joined my room after he left yours i guess

Team 12 get am me!

akachan ningen said:
yeah. that's why it's better to have them fight everyone on the team fight once and add up the scores at the end. I don't know how they're doing this one.

You mean round robin for the whole team? Doesn't seem likely. I thought we were using team battle.

black_vegeta said:
Just playing Endless battle and I waxed some scrub Ryu, then some random ass Cammy beats me, :lol
OMEGA RANDOM CAMMY randoms man. I cant cope with them. dont know what they will do because they dont either.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Art is like an 18 years old stuck with 10 year olds. :lol

From what I know and see, I'd say Team 3, 5, 6, 12, and 16 are legit.

I declare Fubar, Art, n3ss, and Akuma the four emperors of the tourney. You take them out and if your team eventually beat theirs, you win the coveted Kadey award. Of course, this doesn't apply if their team plays each other. Like Fubar and Art's team amazingly got matched up in prelims.

Lyonaz

OH MY GAAAAWD!!!!

My local gameshop has the game for sale since yesterday! How did I not know this?!
They got the game a week early just like SFIV. :lol

Shit now I need to wait till 12 o'clock until they open, less then 3 hours away!

Kadey said:
Art is like an 18 years old stuck with 10 year olds. :lol

From what I know and see, I'd say Team 3, 5, 6, 12, and 16 are legit.

I declare Fubar, Art, n3ss, and Akuma the four emperors of the tourney. You take them out and if your team eventually beat theirs, you win the coveted Kadey award.

Lol I am a emperor of getting randomed the fuck out and bodied.

MarkMan said:
lol, not going to happen. But if I go to events (and I do go to events), then yes, that is something I will do.

We don't have a booth at E3 :(

Any chance for PAX Seattle? it's a bit closer to home for them?

I was talking with a friend while playing SF4 tonight and saying "Super Street Fighter 4" was annoying. Just Super is confusing because there's Super Street Fighter 2 and Super Turbo, and Super Nintendo, etc - not always ideal.

I recommend S4. Distinct and Succinct.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Raging Spaniard said:

Ive never heard of RS4, I think he got in trough PM, but thats OK, I have faith in the awesome

WE CANT LOSE! N33S? WHO THE FUCK IS THAT? HE SAYS HE ATTENDS KEYSTONE BUT NOBODY BELIEVES HIM! BOO!

HA, HA! :D

MagnusReloaded

Neo Member
black_vegeta said:

Probably harder to keep Cammy in the corner than my Rose right? Cammy v 'Rog is like a 5-5 match or so?

Does spin knuckle go through dash punches? Does Cannon Strike beat headbutt? Just curious because my friend plays a Cammy, but I dont play Rog and he has problems with the match.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SonOfABeep said:
Any chance for PAX Seattle? it's a bit closer to home for them?

I was talking with a friend while playing SF4 tonight and saying "Super Street Fighter 4" was annoying. Just Super is confusing because there's Super Street Fighter 2 and Super Turbo, and Super Nintendo, etc - not always ideal.

I recommend S4. Distinct and Succinct.

I'll be at PAX Prime for sure <3

Team 5, 6, 12 and 16 look pretty decent, I guess.

It wouldn't be a tourney without upsets though :D

Premonition™ (owned by Rose) - Dartastic, Enk and I rock the show. Team 8 doing it big like young Kobe

Is this double elim?

Edit: Damn it, we're playing Turtlesnatcher? When I get the game I better start playing with a 50% handicap because of that stupid Fuerte Spark :'(

Killa Sasa said:
Team 5, 6, 12 and 16 look pretty decent, I guess.

It wouldn't be a tourney without upsets though :D

Premonition™ (owned by Rose) - Dartastic, Enk and I rock the show. Team 8 doing it big like young Kobe

Is this double elim?

The upset will be California sinking into the ocean and the tourney falling onto us scrubs :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Snapshot King said:
Maybe you'll get lucky on location and the good players'll be lagged up fighting you and their advantage will be nullified.

I play worse if any kind of lag is present, in person is where its at :lol

CcrooK said:
Is Raging making logos or did I read it wrong in terms of "doing all the art"?

Each team makes their own logos

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
CcrooK said:
Is Raging making logos or did I read it wrong in terms of "doing all the art"?

Yeah, all the artwork, bracket and stuff is his doing. I just put things together. Team Logo has to be done by the team though and it should be the same size as GAF standard.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
If someone flakes.

Pick me up as a replacement.

I have a guy I just sponsored that might want to be on a team too. :lol

MarkMan said:
I'll be at PAX Prime for sure <3

I recommend fighting game panel!

I wish I had people to play local matches with too. Milwaukee is such a dead zone. Have to go to Chicago to even get close to any kind of scene. It'd be fun if there was somewhere you could just show up on Thursdays or something with your arcade stick and find peeps who want to play. Like a Chess Club or something.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:

:lol My deepest condolences to you and RS4. All kidding aside, I'm an OK player I guess. Its just kind of intimidating knowing that we're going to have to go up against teams with tournament level players. Can there be a rule that tournament level players have to play the anchor position? Or maybe force them to play cross-handed? :D

A couple of matches I had on Haunts v. World stream a few months back. Starts around the 2 minute mark:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/4065760

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Repost.

e6281y.gif
25ztk5h.jpg

2qxrpfl.jpg

2e657w8.jpg

I want..........

Team name
Team Logo
Team theme-Link me to a youtube video or something.
Team quote...

ASAP to get it over with. The quicker I get these, the faster I can get the official thread done.

Team one has to play two and so forth.

Two and a half weeks of practice, game work, strategy, etc.

Characters are to be set no later than May 12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom