• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX + [Out Now]

Scanna

lovin my first minutes with it! is there match-making? I just tried it by myself...if somebody wants to add me and try to play, Skanna 360 is my gamertag

I feel bad that I still haven't played more than five minutes of this. I keep getting distracted with other things. Perhaps over the weekend...

Scanna

aaah so pissed: just achieved an S ranking in Ingleton and the game did not record it (for unlocking the achievement and other costumes)...are we supposed to get those records only with the basic costumes? I was using the third one for nick, whilst last time I've got an S and got recorded by the game I was using Annie's basic one.

sangreal

aaah so pissed: just achieved an S ranking in Ingleton and the game did not record it (for unlocking the achievement and other costumes)...are we supposed to get those records only with the basic costumes? I was using the third one for nick, whilst last time I've got an S and got recorded by the game I was using Annie's basic one.

I got S ranking on Ingleton w/ Felicia and it worked fine

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, I've quite enjoyed this! Best surprise of E3. I really wanted a "Go try it RIGHT NOW!" moment to happen on the XB1, now if only Killer Instinct could have prepared the same style thing! :-/

This game is full of so much nuance and fanservice. Game-specific music playing on victory screens, remixed music all over, recreated combos, stances, and special attacks that work pretty well within the framework, and fun mini-game style stages everywhere. I love how well Capcom Vancouver (Blue Castle) seems to have taken to being truly Classicy-Capcom over the years. The 20 total rounds presented here are just great fun, and the Cosplay characters are quite a bit better than I would have initially suspected. If all of Capcom could be this straight forward and fitting for me, they might become a solid favorite game company like in the SNES days again.

Much of the first 3 stages are pretty simple to S rank solo, as long as you have good costumes for what you need to do (Protip: Don't try to do "Destroy the generator" missions with Nina Solo!). But the final stages of the 4th section; ech. Even playing 2p co-op, they're rough to start. (GGs once again Daigoro!)

Man, I loved Onimusha IV, and this just bring back memories of it... BoF IV Nina isn't a bad pick either, even though she'll never be 2's, heh heh. In my wildest dreams, I hope this means... something... for these games. Even if it's as small as retro releases on PSN and Wii U. Seeing Capitan Commando pulling off Colliders and SWORD in 3D is the weirdest and yet best thing ever.

I'd be so happy if SNKP did something similar to this someday.

Shouldn't issue. I unlocked S ranks on every stage with a variety of characters. I guess maybe it's just a bug? Were you playing SP or MP? Most of mine were in SP, save for the ones achieved with fellow Gaffer Daigoro.

Storm360

S ranks seem incredibly broken

I got S Ranks on my first playthrough, by the time I was done, I noticed some of the customs still had the "S-Rank XXXX" requirements unchecked, turns out the S Ranks for the second and forth mission didn't save.

Redshirt

Banned
The whole achievement system for this DLC seems a bit buggy. I had to collect one arcade cabinet twice to get the achievement and unlock Hagger.

Scanna

S ranks seem incredibly broken

I got S Ranks on my first playthrough, by the time I was done, I noticed some of the customs still had the "S-Rank XXXX" requirements unchecked, turns out the S Ranks for the second and forth mission didn't save.
Happened to you too then...so annoying

The whole achievement system for this DLC seems a bit buggy. I had to collect one arcade cabinet twice to get the achievement and unlock Hagger.
Yep. I've had three achievements pop earlier than they should have.
I've also had a vehicle objective fall through the world on two separate occasions, resulting in our team running out of time.
Haven't had any problems with S Ranks saving though, thankfully.

Regardless, it's safe to say there will be a patch in the near future.

Storm360

Didn't realise S ranks were an achievement, I was using the character select screen, I redid one of them last night, and the achievement lies at 75% now, it seems to be tied more to the games S ranks saving successfully rather than the second they happen.

Happened to you too then...so annoying

Yup, Need to redo the 4th level now which I'm not looking forward to

Redshirt

Banned
Can't get All Four Won (complete a district with four players) to pop, but I already have Champion (come in first place in a district with four players).

Daigoro

Well, I've quite enjoyed this! Best surprise of E3. I really wanted a "Go try it RIGHT NOW!" moment to happen on the XB1, now if only Killer Instinct could have prepared the same style thing! :-/

This game is full of so much nuance and fanservice. Game-specific music playing on victory screens, remixed music all over, recreated combos, stances, and special attacks that work pretty well within the framework, and fun mini-game style stages everywhere. I love how well Capcom Vancouver (Blue Castle) seems to have taken to being truly Classicy-Capcom over the years. The 20 total rounds presented here are just great fun, and the Cosplay characters are quite a bit better than I would have initially suspected. If all of Capcom could be this straight forward and fitting for me, they might become a solid favorite game company like in the SNES days again.

Much of the first 3 stages are pretty simple to S rank solo, as long as you have good costumes for what you need to do (Protip: Don't try to do "Destroy the generator" missions with Nina Solo!). But the final stages of the 4th section; ech. Even playing 2p co-op, they're rough to start. (GGs once again Daigoro!)

Man, I loved Onimusha IV, and this just bring back memories of it... BoF IV Nina isn't a bad pick either, even though she'll never be 2's, heh heh. In my wildest dreams, I hope this means... something... for these games. Even if it's as small as retro releases on PSN and Wii U. Seeing Capitan Commando pulling off Colliders and SWORD in 3D is the weirdest and yet best thing ever.

I'd be so happy if SNKP did something similar to this someday.

Shouldn't issue. I unlocked S ranks on every stage with a variety of characters. I guess maybe it's just a bug? Were you playing SP or MP? Most of mine were in SP, save for the ones achieved with fellow Gaffer Daigoro.

yeah it was fun. lets play again soon. i have plenty of grinding left to do.

this is a damn fine piece of DLC.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, the match making is a hell of a slog. Not sure what's up there.

This game is a blast though. I managed to pull off a single player S rank final stage with Felicia, I thought it was over when I had to fight the 3 akuma's at once.

jim2011

Best DLC in a long long time. So great to have edward falcon back. Capcom please make a Powerstone 3!

Edit: Just been doing single player btw. Trying to unlock all the characters.

EBE

ive not had any problems with matchmaking. takes a minute or two at most. where are you guys? LA here

Grisby

Oh my. This is something special. That opening and all the street fighter music that plays.

First game was with 3 other dudes and we were just going crazy. It's like DR3 took an extra hit of acid and is now tripping off its own craziness.

Hearing the old Capcom intro on the start of the DLC was so fuzzy. So fuzzy.

Unlocked Falcon today, god I need to play power stone again XD

Sega, take note and make a Street of Rage 3D stealing ideas from this!

Grisby

Beat it tonight and damn, that last level boss stretch. Unlocked a fair amount of costumes too.

Love the little details. This is how you do fanservice.
-Whenever you come in first it plays a little tune from the characters game.
-Franks Servebot costume and it's animating faces.
-The Street Fighter theme kicking in at all the right moments.

Really good stuff.

Mask

Got my copy of DR3 through today, in anticipation of getting an Xbone next week. This DLC, she will be mine. Oh yes...

Was anything said about this DLC heading to the PC version? Or is it exclusive to Xbone?

hwalker84

Finally played this last night. Absolutely amazing. Is it just me or does the image quality and performance look much better then the standard game?

Are there any prerequisites for accessing the content? I love DR, and have always wanted to play it with my cousins, but being limited to 2-player co-op has prevented me from really pushing them towards it. Now I'm tempted to go ahead and buy them copies myself.

Been playing this one lately and, man, this is a nice package for co-op play and fast, tight arcade-like sessions. It feels like a lost Dreamcast game updated for this gen. Anyone looking for a more-classic BEU experience might give this one an extra long look as it feels very inline with those older games.

Grisby

I didn't play much of Power Stone but Edward Falcon is awesome. Regina is also an A-lister.

Got a lot of the cheevos done tonight. Even managed to S rank the last level and get the one where you win the stage while plating with 4 peeps.

Good 10 bucks well spent.
Are there any prerequisites for accessing the content? I love DR, and have always wanted to play it with my cousins, but being limited to 2-player co-op has prevented me from really pushing them towards it. Now I'm tempted to go ahead and buy them copies myself.
Nope, should be right there from the main menu if you DL it.

Grisby

Welp, just knocked a teammate out of the map area in round 2 on the SA map. Was the Rival Schools guy and my super baseball bat move knocked him and his vehicle over that highway part. Needless to say we failed the round.

I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Got one more achievement to get and I think I'll hang it up for a while. Really fun.

Lima

This DLC was amazing. The only downside is that since I have played it before playing the main game I find that boring now.

hwalker84

Just 100%ed this on the Xbone. Sigma and BB Hood are too good.

What else would you 100%ed this on? :) Sigma is ridiculous. Not a huge BB Hood fan. Her special is insanely powerful though. I'm at 95% need to unlock Captain Commando.

I wish these characters worked in the main game after 100%ing it.

Korosenai

What else would you 100%ed this on? :) Sigma is ridiculous. Not a huge BB Hood fan. Her special is insanely powerful though. I'm at 95% need to unlock Captain Commando.

I wish these characters worked in the main game after 100%ing it.

......... i'm stupid.... I even went back in and added Xbone for some reason after I finished typing my post.

Yeah, I was mainly talking about BB's special. It's so OP.

Watched the GB quick look of this and I need it immediately. Downloading when I get home tonight. GT is backflip10019 if anyone wants to play!

So I actually played this DLC before I got into the Dead Rising story, and I'm kind of curious about why it's taking me SO long to unlock the player skins. Can anybody give me any tips, because I have a feeling I'm clearly not playing this correctly, even though it's a freakin' blast.

For reference, I only managed to unlock 2 skins after 4-5 playthroughs of the first few levels (right after you have to disarm the 3 bombs), and I'm playing single player.

Thanks!

LNBL

Bought DR3 and this dlc yesterday and my god this is so much fun. Have mot even touched the SP yet. I would seriously buy character DLC for this arcade DLC. Dlc-inception.

klodeckel

Banned
Going a bit crazy here, but he could've also named one of the other 53 in Vancouver based developers here (like their own BigPark) ...

anvAk3F.png

Just a normal conversation, but I will still bookmark this for now.

EmiPrime

Anyone interested in grouping up and giving this a good bash? I may have made a mistake buying this as nobody else is playing it even though DR3 is currently on sale!

The game is on sale but this DLC isn't. I feel weird paying the same amount of money for 1 piece of DLC as I did for the base game lol.

I have a feeling I will get this DLC at some point because I'm a huge Capcom fan and all this fan service is right up my alley.

Mcdohl

The game is on sale but this DLC isn't. I feel weird paying the same amount of money for 1 piece of DLC as I did for the base game lol.

I have a feeling I will get this DLC at some point because I'm a huge Capcom fan and all this fan service is right up my alley.

Did this DLC ever make it to Steam?

EmiPrime

Yeah it's expensive relative to the cost of the main game. I justified it to myself by buying $10 of US Xbox credit so I could get the main game for £8 rather than the £13 it was on the UK store. It made the cost of the DLC sting a bit less.

Did this DLC ever make it to Steam?

No.

Shame because it's really excellent.

Dabanton

It's well worth it, utterly ridiculous, but makes me want a Capcom open world brawler.

Top Bottom