• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX + [Out Now]

malfcn

Better than the other DLC? The Season Pass felt bare on content.
500 gamerscore added? That's more than all the other DLC combined.

4 Different confined areas from Dead Rising 3 all with a specific difficulty level associated with the area. 1-4 people can play through online co-op, they pick a character and their outfit, each outfit has a unique weapons (Unlike the main game your character is stuck with the weapon they start with which has unlimited ammo, there are a few weapon powerups but they're mostly things like a rocket launcher with a limited number of rockets) and different stats (i think it's attack, defence and special) and then co-op through 5 separate missions in the area. (mission 1 for instance: kill zombies, travel to a different point, kill more zombies is one whole mission, other missions will get you to kill specific people or objects).

You are under a time limit, and are scored at the end of each mission and your score is compared against the other people, at the end of all the missions in the area it gives your team Rank (D-S).

Lots of Capcom references (music, pick-ups, non playable Capcom arcade machines) and powerups (and I think the temporary weapons they give are new).

Edit: One more important thing, each character (maybe every outfit?) has a "special move" which takes a piece of a "special" bar. You get more special by killing zombies or picking up powerups.

I've only finished the first 2 areas so it might be different later but this is my understanding of how it works.

Thanks!

sangreal

Better than the other DLC? The Season Pass felt bare on content.
500 gamerscore added? That's more than all the other DLC combined.

I never picked up the other DLC since they looked terrible, but this is an entirely different game mode. It doesn't tie into the story modes at all. It should really be a separate game

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Capcom is now parodying themselves so they can finally relate to their fans. Now.. how about you Get a new Megaman going, Capcom?
Capcom Vancouver is parodying Capcom Japan, and when they proposed the idea Capcom Japan said "This is a completely normal videogame with a completely normal title. Seems low-risk, so go ahead."

Wait, is this official? Lol at Crapcom trying to get sales by using one of the earliest gaming jokes ever. Which means they are the joke here.

Zomba13

Capcom is now parodying themselves so they can finally relate to their fans. Now.. how about you Get a new Megaman going, Capcom?

It would have been so great if it wasn't Giant Zombie Bison but Giant Zombie Mega Man. Would be very fitting as a Capcommentary.

Any word on what kind of replayability this has? Things to work on unlocking maybe?

From what I saw from the videos is that all of the *extra costumes* start out locked and are unique to each character. It looked like each character had 4 unique costumes to themselves.

For instance you have to *unlock* the Mike Haggar costume for Frank West just as you have to unlock the Regina from Dino Crisis costume or Nina from Breath of Fire for the other character.

With 4 characters with 4 costumes I'd imagine the replay value is high. I don't have it but I would like to hear how fast some of you gaffers that have it are unlocking the costumes.

Alfredo

I've played this a few times solo, and I don't really like it so far. Aside from the crazy presentation with all the Capcom references, I'm not really having any fun. It's probably more fun in multiplayer. It doesn't really play like Dead Rising at all, and I have some pretty mixed feelings about that.

Amazing fun especially outracing others to the objectives. I unlocked the first tier of costumes (10,000 each to unlock), but after that there are 3 things you have to do to unlock each of the other costumes. It's usually a combination of find the arcade game, kill x zombies, get x grade etc.

I did the first district alone. I can see almost everything being done solo EXCEPT the 4th district. The final stage has a huge amount of enemies with tons of HP.

I unlocked Ryu and Regina. Ryu is OP as fuck.

Rocket Fun

Spoiler - boss fight

DirtyLarry

Quick Question for those who have played it as I am interested in checking this out...

Does your progress in the original game affect this game in any way?

Meaning I barely played Dead Rising 3, got it at launch and while I enjoyed what I did play I just got into playing other games instead of it. As such I did not get very far at all in that game itself.

So will that have a negative effect on this game one way or the other? Or are they truly independent.

Quick Question for those who have played it as I am interested in checking this out...

Does your progress in the original game affect this game in any way?

Meaning I barely played Dead Rising 3, got it at launch and while I enjoyed what I did play I just got into playing other games instead of it. As such I did not get very far at all in that game itself.

So will that have a negative effect on this game one way or the other? Or are they truly independent.

Completely independent. This is a different mode from the start screen with it's own bank of money for unlocking costumes. Each character only uses one weapon unless you get the powerup weapons.

DirtyLarry

Completely independent. This is a different mode from the start screen with it's own bank of money for unlocking costumes. Each character only uses one weapon unless you get the powerup weapons.
Perfect. Thanks for the fast reply. I will be checking it out for sure.

p3tran

Banned
this is an old-school brawler in dr3's neon-patched world, hunting for highscores and unlocks.

I like it. hit me up for some co-op. gt as name here

sangreal

finally unlocked ryu. for some reason I had a much harder time getting S rank on Ingleton than Center City or Sunset Hills (haven't tried the final zone yet) even with a lot of the characters unlocked. I think it's because I never get more than 50-60k from the car bonus stage. finally did it with Felicia who is ridiculously overpowered

playing solo which doesn't help I guess

Sdoots

Yeah, I can't find anyone playing this. Hit me up for some games. GT is Sdoots. Adding the people who posted already.

Xone9

Banned
Holy crap this game is a blast. Set for one player and its great solo

Should be stand alone for $29 easily retail

I want to get this bit I am thinking about selling my copy of this game and upgrading to the PC version. I wish DLC was cross platform... :(

Biker19

Banned
Hee hee hee...it's like Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger all over again with the 4 characters mimicking (?) other characters.

If this was on PS4 it would be a lot more popular.
Well I doubt the DR series is going to remain exclusive, and I can see Capcom revisiting the idea in future DR games.. maybe even as a standalone downloadable title. It's too good of an idea to leave as a one-off DLC.

Xone9

Banned
cabinet locations so far:

1. Ingleton: Part 2 In the diner with a generator behind it there is a Street Fighter Cabinet.

Part 4. In the Buffet Resturaunt ther is a 1942 machine on the wall next to a enclosed area.

2. Central City: Part 4 Across from the amphitheater on the beach and next to the grand hotel there is a coffee shop with a Ghosts and Goblins machine in it.

3. Part 1 Coming up to the main street from the subway tunnels there will be a Darkstalkers Cab to your right in the room you come up into.

4. Part 1. Inside Bob’s Super Tires close to one of the supply crates is the final cabinet, Rival Schools.

5. Powerstone - central city part 2 (rescue the civilians) inside that tex mex resturant (back right corner near the kitchen door)

This is gonna be so fun when it hits pc.

The only game so far on xone besides halo col. I wanted to play is not exclusive anymore.

More people get to enjoy games is only good for everyone.

Xone9

Banned
ok, here we go: thanks to mcnichoj from xboxachievements

Arcade Cabinet Location Guide
Decided to make a guide for where all the hidden arcade cabinets of the old Capcom games are.
They have two per district, you need them for a achievement and to unlock some of the costumes which is another achievement.
Maybe I'll post pictures and or a video later.

Ingleton
Street Fighter - Round two, in the burger place right next to the generator
1942 - Round four, in the all you can eat buffet where you fight one of the psychopaths

Central City
Captain Commando - Round one, in the safehouse behind the police station.
Ghosts N' Goblins - Round four, in the coffee shop behind the mall. Front of the mall is opposite the front of the museum.

Sunset Hills
Darkstalkers - Round one, in the little area at the top of the stairs when you have to fight the bikers.
Power Stone - Round two, in the restaurant where the survivor gives you the blueprints for the Mini Chainsaws.

South Almuda
Rival Schools - Round one, go to the right to break the crates and go through the fire works store, then go all the way down at the end of the alley and in the store on the left at the end. Has red neon lights on the top, Bob's Tires under the Street Fighter sign.
Final Fight - Round four, in the strip club with the bomb.

DirtyLarry

Just wanted to pop in and say this is easily the best DLC I have purchased in a long, long time.
My one and only wish was they made it a standalone title as out of all my friends, I am the only one who owns Dead Rising 3.
With that said I am absolutely enjoying playing it Solo, loving it even, but I no doubt do see how this would be a fantastic time with all 4 people.

Redshirt

Banned
I like it. You can't really go wrong for $10.

But after sinking my teeth into it the last two days, it's already worn thin. I'll finish up the last couple of achievements tonight and then probably be done with it.

Also, it does annoy me that this wasn't included in the season pass considering the bad value that turned out to be.

... but I no doubt do see how this would be a fantastic time with all 4 people.
Why not play with randoms? I've had a blast.

Dabanton

Massive props to Capcom Vancouver for this. It's made what was a great game even better.

I would love to see this maybe stretched out to a full game. Capcom has such a rich history that they could go even crazier.

Xone9

Banned
If they could get this down to like 5 gigs somehow with DR3 built in, they should think about releasing it as stand-alone on Xbox Live... its definitely worth $15 if they do that

Top Bottom