• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX + [Out Now]

Grisby

I like what I'm seeing from Miles gp snippet. Was going to pick up the season pass in a few days so I'll get this too.
When I saw Regina I got a bit excited. Not for this but just the fact that she was there.
Me too bru.

Just played a bit. OMG this is awesome!

I loved DR3 already, but this makes it that much better. Can't wait for my friends to pick this up so I can play coop.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Okay, Capcom between this and the Steam conversion of SSF4:AE, you've won me over, I'll get DR3 in the future.

JPS Kai

I ended up picking this up just a little while. Let's just say my experience has been less than optimal.. Waiting ten minutes to find players, controller seizing up when a player dropped out. When someone left, the game stopped accepting any of my inputs except for rotating/resetting the camera. How am I supposed to fix that?

I'll be trying it again later, either tonight or tomorrow. You guys can add me at SomeGuyNamedKai if you want~

Yes but it's significantly tougher that way. Plus it was clearly designed to be played MP, with the end of stage rankings and such.

Oh and I've spotted Rival Schools and Onimusha billboards.

After not being able to find anyone else online I played solo and S ranked the first 2 areas my first time, so it's not that hard to do solo.

Anyone looking to play later tonight or tomorrow though add me up, gt is KitschyKitty

MrMephistoX

I ended up picking this up just a little while. Let's just say my experience has been less than optimal.. Waiting ten minutes to find players, controller seizing up when a player dropped out. When someone left, the game stopped accepting any of my inputs except for rotating/resetting the camera. How am I supposed to fix that?

I'll be trying it again later, either tonight or tomorrow. You guys can add me at SomeGuyNamedKai if you want~

Ummm you can set the play count to 1 and it's single player ;) seems like no one has done it but I just did and it's fun all by my lonesome. Regardless feel free to add me. Can t figure out how to climb ledges in the 2nd level.

MrMephistoX

care to give some impressions? didn't seem worth the investment at first

If you didn't grow up in the 90's you probably won't appreciate it. It's very arcadey and cheesy but it pushes all of my nostalgia buttons. If you don't have that frame of reference you could reduce it down to arcade arena challenges.

d0c_zaius

If you didn't grow up in the 90's you probably won't appreciate it. It's very arcadey and cheesy but it pushes all of my nostalgia buttons. If you don't have that frame of reference you could reduce it down to arcade arena challenges.

nah I get all the references (even the Rival Schools stuff), but I mean the gameplay type. so is it horde mode stuff, or just cleaning out areas to go to a checkpoint?

So sorry to ask, but what exactly is this?

Like see how many zombies you can kill?

4 Different confined areas from Dead Rising 3 all with a specific difficulty level associated with the area. 1-4 people can play through online co-op, they pick a character and their outfit, each outfit has a unique weapons (Unlike the main game your character is stuck with the weapon they start with which has unlimited ammo, there are a few weapon powerups but they're mostly things like a rocket launcher with a limited number of rockets) and different stats (i think it's attack, defence and special) and then co-op through 5 separate missions in the area. (mission 1 for instance: kill zombies, travel to a different point, kill more zombies is one whole mission, other missions will get you to kill specific people or objects).

You are under a time limit, and are scored at the end of each mission and your score is compared against the other people, at the end of all the missions in the area it gives your team Rank (D-S).

Lots of Capcom references (music, pick-ups, non playable Capcom arcade machines) and powerups (and I think the temporary weapons they give are new).

Edit: One more important thing, each character (maybe every outfit?) has a "special move" which takes a piece of a "special" bar. You get more special by killing zombies or picking up powerups.

I've only finished the first 2 areas so it might be different later but this is my understanding of how it works.

number47

Im enjoying capcoms effort at ubisofts blood dragon. It's cute to recapture a era. Very excited what comes next from square enix.

d0c_zaius

4 Different confined areas from Dead Rising 3 all with a specific difficulty level associated with the area. 1-4 people can play through online co-op, they pick a character and their outfit, each outfit has a unique weapons (Unlike the main game your character is stuck with the weapon they start with which has unlimited ammo, there are a few weapon powerups but they're mostly things like a rocket launcher with a limited number of rockets) and different stats (i think it's attack, defence and special) and then co-op through 5 separate missions in the area. (mission 1 for instance: kill zombies, travel to a different point, kill more zombies is one whole mission, other missions will get you to kill specific people or objects).

You are under a time limit, and are scored at the end of each mission and your score is compared against the other people, at the end of all the missions in the area it gives your team Rank (D-S).

Lots of Capcom references (music, pick-ups, non playable Capcom arcade machines) and powerups (and I think the temporary weapons they give are new).

I've only finished the first 2 areas so it might be different later but this is my understanding of how it works.

cool thanks!

MrMephistoX

nah I get all the references (even the Rival Schools stuff), but I mean the gameplay type. so is it horde mode stuff, or just cleaning out areas to go to a checkpoint?

Cleaning out areas to go toa checkpoint but damn if I can't figure out how to destroy the generator on the roof in level 1 section 2!

jay23

Stole the Microsoft conference that's for sure.

Too early to call it for the whole E3 event though.

I thought it was a gag at first.

I thought DR3 sucked, but this might actually be it's defining moment.

That's what I meant haha, both company's had solid E3 conferences.

Top Bottom