• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SuperDaE is threatening to release lots of secret Xbox One info if he is arrested

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
UPDATE: He posted bail, don't expect anything to be posted.

9VcyMMa.png

Luke Hopewell said:
The Aussie Xbox Durango Leaker Is About To Spill All His Secrets

Remember SuperDaE? He’s the guy who tried to sell two next-generation Xbox development kits on eBay, and subsequently earned himself a search and seizure visit from the FBI and the WA Police. As he awaits what he suspects will be a visit from the Police to arrest him today, SuperDaE has set up a deadman’s switch inside his FTP server to leak every dirty secret he has collected over the years.

SuperDaE has been sitting in his apartment for months now, waiting the results of the multi-jurisdictional investigation by the Western Australian Police Service and the FBI in the US over his ownership of the Xbox Durango development console from Microsoft. Before police raided his home, Henry had spent a spell talking to serious characters from Microsoft HQ about his attempted sale of the Durango development kits on eBay.

After spending months in legal limbo, Henry now expects to be charged today.

The concept is simple really: if he doesn’t log into his FTP server come Monday night (WA time), the IP address, username and password get tweeted from his account. Those details will give people read-only access to all of his key files.

We’ve been given a peek inside the FTP server right now, and there are juicy files in there. We don’t know the file contents, but if SuperDaE has what they say he has — that is, information about the next Xbox that Microsoft doesn’t want to get leaked (among other things) — it’s going to be a real fireworks display.

Here's a link to the article Kotaku did on him after the raid: http://kotaku.com/5986239/the-rise-and-fall-of-superdae-a-most-unusual-video-game-hacker
And here's a summary of the stuff he's leaked before and a list of what the server contains:
For those wondering, here's the info he's gotten right and wrong-

Given to Kotaku-
+Kinect required to function
+Kinect always on, always functioning
+Mandatory Installs
+Multi function apps, able to load during gameplay
+No major changes to controller

Posted on his Twitter-
+The names of the start/back buttons have been changed.
-MS will allow used games just like the 360, but Sony won't.
-Xbone will be more powerful than the PS4. ("Buy a Durango and you won't end up with crap.")
-Xbone doesn't require an online connection, but the PS4 likely requires it.
-Basically anything bad about the Xbone was refuted and attributed to the PS4

So basically, his Twitter record is terrible, but the info he gave Kotaku ended up being pretty legit. So I don't know what to think.
http://kotaku.com/next-gen-hacker-superdae-threatens-to-leak-troves-of-ga-509968073

The FTP, whose files are not yet accesible, supposedly contains material grabbed by SuperDaE's hacks into Gears of War and Unreal Engine developer Epic, World of Warcraft studio Blizzard, Sleeping Dogs dev house United Front Games and the now-shuttered publisher THQ, among others.

The FTP also apparently contains software development kits for the PS4, Xbox One and Wii U as well as possible old code for unreleased games such as Company of Heroes 2 and WWE 14. The Epic directory includes folders for Unreal Engine 4 and UE4 projects called Fortnite (an announced game), Kilo, Lima and Orion.

"It only leaks if I get arrested," SuperDaE told Kotaku today. Asked why he expected to be arrested, he said, "I'm not expecting anything. I'm just making a political statement."

Funny that he was trying to play buddy buddy with microsoft after the FBI came knocking down his doors and now he's trying to act like a badass once again.

Didn't he say the next xbox was suppose to be more powerful than the ps4? lol

Also he never actually owned or played that durango dev kit, that was his friends or whatever using him as the middleman.

Well, he's certainly going to be arrested now. I would also suspect that a) that server is going to get slaughtered on the reveal, and b) the ISP won't bring it back up. Oh well, more bullshit to feed into the flames this is Microsoft's reputation amongst gamers.

Don't doubt that he has juicy secrets, and the fact gizmodo saw them most likely makes it real (they wouldn't post it otherwise).

However, he won't do it. I'll bet sometime before the deadline he says he decided not to for some noble, BS reason.

DiscoJer

Extortion is much more effective when you don't do it publicly.

And unless it involves DRM, I don't see what could harm MS. Unless the Xbone is made out of people.

Satchel

Banned
What info could he possibly have?

We know this console blocks used games, wants you always online, integrates with cable boxes and every other negative rumour that has been confirmed.

What else are they hiding? Does the console transform into a robot and fuck your nostrils while you sleep?

Xboned indeed.

What info could he possibly have?

We know this console blocks used games, wants you always online, integrates with cable boxes and every other negative rumour that has been confirmed.

What else are they hiding? Does the console transform into a robot and fuck your nostrils while you sleep?

Xboned indeed.

E3 games :D

Top Bottom