• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
J'onn wasn't wrong, what she did was still reckless and stupid and she only lucked out cause Kara found out about the warehouse on her own

That was dumb

iosefe

kara really fucked up though. if she didn't publish the blog, they wouldn't have moved up the time table creating the situation with Alex almost light-years away.

she could have put it on the back burner, and seeing as Lena had already figured out where to go, kara would have gone there anyway.

not to mention Kara published without lena's source, as she contacted her right after she published.

basically, Good Job Breaking it, Hero

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
A+ episode for me, for the opening music choice alone.

- James! He even got to do Guardian stuff!
- Snapper being completely indifferent to meeting Supergirl gives me life.
- Kara and Lena just need to screw already and be done with it. The subtle winks lip bites during their convo at CatCo. I can't be the only one seeing this! Kara melted like butter in the summer sun at the end of the scene
- Alex & Maggie are great this week. The writers remembered Alex is a badass

Using the aliens to mirror real life situations. Yes! I've really been enjoying these last handful of episodes.

Yeah, Kara gets punished for her actions by losing her job. And Alex gets her suspension lifted plus an undeserved apology for working around the DEO and almost dying

J'onn: "I was wrong, Alex."

No you weren't. She IS compromised and could easily put the entire DEO in jeopardy based on her gut instincts and impulsive decisions.

ZeroX03

Banned
That promo has got me hyped! Sucks that we have to wait one week. I wonder how long we are going to have Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo.
Sorbo revealed that he would be on the show for three episodes but is that also true for Hatcher I wonder.

Teri Hatcher is supposedly the big bad, I assume until the end of the season? Who knows with this show and villains.

caliph95

J'onn: "I was wrong, Alex."

No you weren't. She IS compromised and could easily put the entire DEO in jeopardy based on her gut instincts and impulsive decisions.
I love MM was supposed to be in the wrong even though he was completely justified.

Also how hidden is the DEO i was wondering why they couldn't make a statement.

I love MM was supposed to be in the wrong even though he was completely justified.

Also how hidden is the DEO i was wondering why they couldn't make a statement.

They were almost falling into a consistent "hero makes statement, others act as naysayers, hero is justified by end of episode" pattern but at least in this one Snapper Carr makes Kara understand the consequences of her actions and that there is a reason for his critique of her methods.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They were almost falling into a consistent "hero makes statement, others act as naysayers, hero is justified by end of episode" pattern but at least in this one Snapper Carr makes Kara understand the consequences of her actions and that there is a reason for his critique of her methods.

That's probably what I liked most about this episode. J'onn played dirty pool...but it was justified and he was right. Especially right after everyone turned a blind eye to Jeremiah last week.

Same with Snapper. Kara was doing the right thing, but her methods as a journalist have always been amateur hour. He's antagonistic because he's going up against the heroine we know is "right," but he's always had sound reasons for being that way.

We've gotten so little CatCo recently that this felt like them finally just writing it out of the show. Not really a fan of that, personally. Especially Kara saying the DEO and Mon-el are enough. We'll see where it goes.

Xenoboy

Probably one of the best episodes of the show, not on par with Red Kryptonite, but I liked it as much as the Superman episodes.
Next episode is going to finally pay off for those shitty and non-existent teasers we've had about Mon-El.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, it's a magazine. I don't think they've mentioned how frequently it publishes, so it could be a weekly.

Joni

That villain reveal at the end was already better than anything Non did.

Wait I thought Catco was a Magazine? Snapper just called it a Paper.

I think it has different branches. Snapper runs the Paper side of it all.

It is a magazine. Snapper probably calls it a paper because he's an old news guy.

Yeah, it's a magazine. I don't think they've mentioned how frequently it publishes, so it could be a weekly.

It is Catco Worldwide Media. They probably have more than one thing. I also do seem to remember Cat showing newspapers. It is something like the National City Tribune.

It being a paper also fits the Daily Planet competing better.

SeanC

A few dumb moments (And MM needs to be in the field more, doesn't make sense he's not) in this episode but it had some really high highs that make up for it and it ended really strongly. The music during the climax was particularly strong and made that moment really work.

Joni

0122-newspaper.jpg

00005928.jpg

morningbus

It is Catco Worldwide Media. They probably have more than one thing. I also do seem to remember Cat showing newspapers. It is something like the National City Tribune.

It being a paper also fits the Daily Planet competing better.

Don't disagree with the premise as Catco has always been portrayed as a media empire with many branches.

But Snapper Carr is the editor in Chief of Catco Magazine. From the announcement of his actor's hiring:

On Supergirl, Snapper Carr is a headstrong, sharp-witted newsman, hired by Cat Grant (Calista Flockhart) to be the editor-in-chief of CatCo Magazine. Snapper’s commitment to hard-hitting journalism pushes CatCo reporters to dig deeper in the pursuit of excellence. He’s a man who tells people what he thinks of them, and his no-holds barred approach pushes Kara (Melissa Benoist) in unexpected ways.

Let's run with the idea that he's taken over the role of EIC of the newspaper because of budget cutbacks.

morningbus

Stuff like that is often not in line with the actual show. See Arrow this year.

If the big reveal for this season of Supergirl is that Snapper is actually the EIC of a newspaper and not the magazine then the show is in bigger trouble than anyone thought.

morningbus

To put a cap on this tangent, I went back to the episode where Cat Grant introduced Snapper to Kara (Season 2, episode 2):

Cat: Snapper will be running the investigative team at CatCo Magazine.

WedgeX

Banned
Catching up now.

This episode is super topical and I love it. I hope the episode continues this way.

Edit:

It was! Snapper finally won me over. A great episode overall.

Ricker

What an awesome episode...no lovey dovey shennanigans lol ;), just a lot of action with everyone,one of the best episode so far.

Makonero

Yeah, no reason for J'onn to apologize.

That's the only problem I had with this episode. Was it shady of him to trick her like that? A bit. But he was right, she was absolutely compromised. He should have apologized for tricking her but stood firm on the, you know, being right bit. And she should have apologized for going behind the DEO's back, even though she did ultimately help save the aliens.

More nuance, people! C'mon!

ZeroX03

Banned
There's also a synopsis for Kev Smith's second episode of the season. Hell yes you better believe there's relationship drama.

#2.17 "Distant Sun"
LYNDA CARTER RETURNS AS PRESIDENT MARSDIN; KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS - A large bounty is put out on Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and aliens from far and near attack National City intent on taking out the woman of steel. Alex (Chyler Leigh) and Maggie (Floriana Lima) run into Maggie's ex-girlfriend, Emily (guest star Hayley Sales), who is in town for a week. Hank (David Harewood) gets an interesting order from President Marsdin (guest star Lynda Carter). Kevin Smith directed the episode written by Gabriel Llanas & Anna Musky-Goldwyn (#217).

morningbus

Wait, the character's name
is President Marsdin?
How did I not notice that before?

WedgeX

Banned
Oh. Has Supergirl's opening always had the S-shield with Supergirl laid over it like the original Superman movies? Only noticed it this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom