• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
EDIT: morningbus covered it.

I'm a big fan of Rahul, so I'm glad to see him picking up more DC stuff.

Smoolio

Spoilers, upcoming episode description.

EW said:
iZombie star Rahul Kohli is trading brains for brawn: EW has learned exclusively that Kohli will guest-star in an upcoming episode of Supergirl.

Kohli, who plays medical examiner Dr. Ravi Chakrabarti on The CW zombie series, will play Jack Spheer, a charismatic tech genius who has spent decades working on a medical innovation that will eradicate major illnesses and change the face of the world – if it works.

Jack comes to National City to demonstrate his technology to members of the press, including Kara Danvers (Melissa Benoist) and Snapper Carr (Ian Gomez). His arrival stirs up front page news as well as feelings in his old flame Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath).

x

Just after reviewers noticed the Kara/Lena chemistry in 'Luthors' they do this to give her a case of the not gays. Can't have more than 1 token couple I guess.

Joni

Just after reviewers noticed the Kara/Lena chemistry in 'Luthors' they do this to give her a case of the not gays. Can't have more than 1 token couple I guess.

Episodes airing now were written around November.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I can't prove it, but I think they're restricted on what they can do with Kara. Or what they're willing to do. She's basically been at middle school crush level with her love interests up until...well two episodes ago. Even in this episode with the implication that Mon-el and Kara slept together, we never saw Kara in bed. She was already out hero-ing around. Might be an intentional attempt to avoid sexualizing the female lead since so many shows have done that. This and Flash seem to aim younger with their scenarios compared to Arrow and Legends.

Now Lena I have no idea.

Joni

I can't prove it, but I think they're restricted on what they can do with Kara. Or what they're willing to do. She's basically been at middle school crush level with her love interests up until...well two episodes ago. Even in this episode with the implication that Mon-el and Kara slept together, we never saw Kara in bed. She was already out hero-ing around. Might be an intentional attempt to avoid sexualizing the female lead since so many shows have done that. This and Flash seem to aim younger with their scenarios compared to Arrow and Legends.

Now Lena I have no idea.

Maybe Melissa just isn't interested in semi-nudity anymore.

Grizzlyjin

Maybe Melissa just isn't interested in semi-nudity anymore.

I could see that being a factor. Supergirl is more of a role model right now than any of the other heroes, at least in my opinion. I think always riding that image runs the risk of Kara being a little boring but we'll see what they do with it. We had some good stories last season about Supergirl's image being a factor in her effectiveness in-universe

When are we supposed to be getting mon-el in uniform?

?

supergirl-season-2-photos-2.jpg

lol

ZeroX03

Banned
I love Mon El's outfit. I lose it with laughter whenever he shows up on screen. The glasses that nobody would wear combined with unflattering (for Chris Wood's body) black clothes.

Grizzlyjin

What are Mon-el's glasses even for? They look like trap shooting glasses...but he doesn't use a gun. They spent like $50 on that "costume." Tops.

Grizzlyjin

In Season 2 of Supergirl, Kara Danvers (Melissa Benoist) must recruit a new team of vigilantes to help her fight against evil. This time around, she helps out Mon-El (Chris Wood), a good guy cop who risks it all to save screaming extras of Star City. Suited up in uniform, he’s ready for battle alongside his team of superheroes. When it comes to protecting the city, he’ll do whatever it takes.

That description made me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Okay, we'll up that estimate to $160 cause they probably got two pairs. But isn't the jacket the standard DEO one?

ZeroX03

Banned
That description made me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Okay, we'll up that estimate to $160 cause they probably got two pairs. But isn't the jacket the standard DEO one?

Looks like it, pants too. He just doesn't wear the body armor for obvious reasons.

But apparently his eyes need protection at night unlike the rest of the officers. Or his secret identity needs protecting?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
They are clearly giving him a look that sets him up to become the Eradicator

Fww7jeW.png

Sorry, I can't find a better picture at the moment.

Grizzlyjin

Looks like it, pants too. He just doesn't wear the body armor for obvious reasons.

But apparently his eyes need protection at night unlike the rest of the officers. Or his secret identity needs protecting?

Guardian's costume is a little on the cheap side too. But I actually like it quite a bit. Probably won't see it again...

They are clearly giving him a look that sets him up to become the Eradicator

Sorry, I can't find a better picture at the moment.

Eradicator was my favorite of the faux Supermen during 'Death of Superman.' Forget Superboy, Steel, or CYBORG SUPERMAN. I was all in on Visor Superman. His look still holds up, if you ask me

Joni

I wonder if Mr. Mxstpl^%^@ is just a one time villain. I can't see how Supergirl can manage to trick him twice.

Well, if the writers can think of a way.

The latter of course. Otherwise someone might recognize him. If someone outs him as an alien, he could lose his job at the alien bar... He really doesn't have a reason to proect it, does he?

Eradicator was my favorite of the faux Supermen during 'Death of Superman.' Forget Superboy, Steel, or CYBORG SUPERMAN. I was all in on Visor Superman. His look still holds up, if you ask me

He could amlost be Judge Dredd Superman.

morningbus

Okay, okay, hear me out guys:

Next year's crossover adapts Crisis on Infinite Earths but Superman dies at the end of it.

Then on Supergirl we get Reign of the Supermen with the Eradicator, Steel, Cadmus clone Superboy, and a courtesy-of-LexCorp image-rehabilitated C Y B O R G S U P E R M A N.

caliph95

Next year's crossover adapts Crisis on Infinite Earths but Superman dies at the end of it.

Then on Supergirl we get Reign of the Supermen with the Eradicator, Steel, Cadmus clone Superboy, and a courtesy-of-LexCorp image-rehabilitated C Y B O R G S U P E R M A N.
Honestly you are probably half-joking, but having Kara stepping up to be the New Superman even if temporary and attempting to fill his shoes would be a great season even if he comes back. It has a lot of potential.

morningbus

Honestly you are probably half-joking, but having Kara stepping up to be the New Superman even if temporary and attempting to fill his shoes would be a great season even if he comes back. It has a lot of potential.

No, I'm serious with this. It'd make a great story and would give the back half of the season a strong focus.

I'd also have the Crisis event merge the universes together.

People are going to poo-poo it because I'm killing off Superman here but he's never going to be allowed to be an active presence anyway.

caliph95

No, I'm serious with this. It'd make a great story and would give the back half of the season a strong focus.

People are going to poo-poo it because I'm killing off Superman here but he's never going to be allowed to be an active presence anyway.
Plus they would have an actual excuse to poach Superman's villain and I want Cyborg Superman to fight CYBORG SUPERMAN.

Make Superman or Clark a big part of next season, maybe appearing in 1/3rd-ish of the season,
and kill him before the break in S4.
Lex can be the big bad of next season.

I don't think he should be killed off, but maybe wreck him so hard that he spends a couple seasons in a medical coma in the Fortress of Solitude while the world thinks he's dead.

Cafeman

Eh, I hope they stay far away from the "Crisis" storylines.

Can TV budget do stretch FX yet? Because with all these CW shows, I'm waiting to see detective Ralph Dibny (Elongated Man) show up for an episode. Or even Jimmy Olsen as Elastic Lad (eventual honorary member of the Legion). Unfortunately, the comics with Jimmy as EL were truly dumb.

Eh, I hope they stay far away from the "Crisis" storylines.

Can TV budget do stretch FX yet? Because with all these CW shows, I'm waiting to see detective Ralph Dibny (Elongated Man) show up for an episode. Or even Jimmy Olsen as Elastic Lad (eventual honorary member of the Legion). Unfortunately, the comics with Jimmy as EL were truly dumb.
They would probably do the same thing they did on The Flash with Flashpoint.

Joni

We finally have a date for
Teri Hatcher
which is March 20th. Also the start of the musical crossover.

A new villain (guest star Teri Hatcher) comes to National City, putting Supergirl on high alert. Meanwhile, Winn’s girlfriend, Lyra, gets Winn in trouble with the law. Maggie attempts to help Winn but old loyalties get in the way. The Music Meister attacks Supergirl.

Grizzlyjin

Oh
Dean Cain
is sticking around and is another
CYBORG SUPERMAN
. Hadn't watched the promo. Cool!

Same. I somehow missed the promo until now. I wasn't expecting another CADMUS episode so soon.

ZeroX03

Banned
Up, up and eh okay...

#2.15 "Exodus"
Episode Promo
SNAPPER CARR INTERVIEWS SUPERGIRL - As Alex (Chyler Leigh) searches for Jeremiah (guest star Dean Cain) and Kara (Melissa Benoist) investigates a series of alien kidnappings, the sisters realize they must break the rules to foil a new Cadmus plot. In an effort to get Snapper Carr (guest star Ian Gomez) to run a story that would help her stop Cadmus, Kara agrees to set up an interview between Snapper and Supergirl. Meanwhile, James (Mehcad Brooks) has been held prisoner for weeks and worries nobody will realize. Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Paula Yoo & Eric Carrasco (#215).
spg215a-0450b-235630.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom