• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

James and Lena would be nice. Isn't he CEO of a major media conglomerate now? Talk about a power couple. I liked James and Kara too.

I'm still skeptical about James being around next season, honestly. Have they said he'll be around or are they mum on that kinda stuff? I feel like the least shocking thing ever would be him saying he's going to go be Guardian in another city during the season finale.
They haven't said anything because he is a regular since the start so we can assume that he is going to be there for six seasons unless otherwise stated. He is like Kara, Alex, Wynn and Hank.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They haven't said anything because he is a regular since the start so we can assume that he is going to be there for six seasons unless otherwise stated. He is like Kara, Alex, Wynn and Hank.

That makes sense. I hope he stays. They just gotta go back to the writers board and figure out a good arc for him.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hey, here's something to watch while you wait for a new episode of Jane the Virgin...

#2.18 "Ace Reporter"
Episode Promo
"IZOMBIE'S" RAHUL KOHLI GUEST STARS - Lena's (guest star Katie McGarth) ex-boyfriend, Ravi Chakelbarto (guest star Rahul Kohli), comes to National City to unveil his big breakthrough in bio-technology, which has the potential to eradicate all diseases. Lena asks Kara to attend Ravi's conference with her for support. When Kara sees Snapper (guest Star Ian Gomez) in attendance she's inspired to tap back into her reporter skills and questions Ravi on his discovery, which ultimately leads to a bigger investigation that puts everyone in danger. Armen V. Kevorkian directed the episode written by Paula Yoo & Caitlin Parrish.
spg218b-0387b-990358.jpg

caliph95

Wooho finally our Cwverse and Izombie crossover took them long enough though it's weird that zombies is an unbelievable thing when aliens exist and Ravi really come p in the world
(i know it's a joke don't try to correct me)

Hey, here's something to watch while you wait for a new episode of Jane the Virgin...
Harsh but true

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ravi might actually have more chemistry with Lena than Kara.

I'm still finishing up at work, so I'm not watching. But I'd believe it, they appeared to get on pretty well in the behind the scenes looks. Rahul Kohli seems like a pretty likable guy in general, one of those actors I'm rooting for to get bigger and bigger roles.

WedgeX

Banned
Ravi :(

I'm still finishing up at work, so I'm not watching. But I'd believe it, they appeared to get on pretty well in the behind the scenes looks. Rahul Kohli seems like a pretty likable guy in general, one of those actors I'm rooting for to get bigger and bigger roles.

He's just so great. He carried the front half of this episode.

Edit:

A Tesamacher shout out? Good heavens.

Dereck

Lena Luthor looks so unbelievably stunning that whenever she's on screen she looks straight out of a Naughty Dog PS4 cutscene, she is too perfect looking to be a real person.

Oh hey, Claudia Doumit (Jiya from Timeless) was the one pulling the nano strings.

Lena Luthor looks so unbelievably stunning that whenever she's on screen she looks straight out of a Naughty Dog PS4 cutscene, she is too perfect looking to be a real person.

I take it you never watched Merlin?

Fun episode. Rahul Kohli makes everything better. Ravi and Kai in a scene together is like peak CW. I could watch that all day.

Katie McGrath is ridiculously good looking. I've thought that ever since I first saw her on Merlin.

Bluth54

Kohli was playing a character similar enough to his izombie character that they probably should of end full on crossover and bring iZombie into the Arrowverse.
They just need to hurry up and make all CW shows set in the Arrowverse.

MartyStu

AV Club Review

B

This review brings up a pretty good point about the general lack of long term genuine female relationships in superhero shows.

Supergirl has had:

Kara + Cat
Kara + Alex
Kara + Lena

None of the other shows really have even that:

-Iris and Caitlin are pretty much only acquaintances.
-Felicity is just a colleague to Thea and the canaries.
-Amaya is Sara's legate by default.

I suppose one could count Nyssa and Laurel? But that did not really last all that long.

ZeroX03

Banned
Well that was a good filler episode. Pretty solid all round.

I don't read a lot of tension between Lena and Ravi though. She seems more uncomfortable around men. That scene at the end between her and Kara was just trolling at this point.

"Alex" Extended Promo

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Winn's g/f needs to get a god damn mask if she's going out to fight crime with Guardian. Christ, that shit bothers me to no end.

Pachimari

Man, I'm behind with 5 episodes on this one now but I have really not found Supergirl to be a good show, and it's only gotten worse this season. I'm not even a fan of the character, but I'm just adoring everything that has to do with comic books. Guess I'll catch up on it today and tomorrow, and see if I can catch up on Flash, Arrow and finish Legends too.

timberger

I've just been catching up on the last few episodes of this, and I seriously cannot believe they had an "intergalactic bounty hunters coming for Supergirl" plot that didn't have a Lobo appearance. Just something like that Maxima cameo in season 1 would have been fine even.

Missed opportunity.

Grizzlyjin

- Lena is so awesome. Her character actually has a little nuance too. Love it. "I wouldn't know. I've never stood behind a man." 👏👏👏
- Yay! They didn't make Rahul put on an American accent. Let some of these Brits just be Brits.

Episode was cool. The scenes between Lena and Jack were actually cute and fun to watch. Kara and Mon-el got to have a nice moment with the dinner and sneaking into the lab. The Wynn/Guardian plot was a total waste of time, but the scenes were few and far between.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've just been catching up on the last few episodes of this, and I seriously cannot believe they had an "intergalactic bounty hunters coming for Supergirl" plot that didn't have a Lobo appearance. Just something like that Maxima cameo in season 1 would have been fine even.

Missed opportunity.

It's believed that Lobo is off limits as it is being developed as a movie. I know on a show thst can wrangle an occasional Superman appearance​ that seems inconsistent and weird but... it's DC.

Penguin

AV Club Review

B

This review brings up a pretty good point about the general lack of long term genuine female relationships in superhero shows.

Supergirl has had:

Kara + Cat
Kara + Alex
Kara + Lena

None of the other shows really have even that:

-Iris and Caitlin are pretty much only acquaintances.
-Felicity is just a colleague to Thea and the canaries.
-Amaya is Sara's legate by default.

I suppose one could count Nyssa and Laurel? But that did not really last all that long.

Felicity and Sara were cute too
And think Felicity and Laurel.

But yeah, not much

Though to be fair, Arrow doesn't really have that with the dudes either.

Also, it's weird that we're like 4 eps away and feel like season never found a central arc. I guess it was Mon-El?

MartyStu

Felicity and Sara were cute too
And think Felicity and Laurel.

But yeah, not much

Though to be fair, Arrow doesn't really have that with the dudes either.

Also, it's weird that we're like 4 eps away and feel like season never found a central arc. I guess it was Mon-El?

Oliver and Diggle, but yeah, Arrow is lacking in general.

Flash:

Barry + Cisco
Barry + Wally

Legends:

Ray + Mick
Ray + Nate
Stein + Jax

Xenoboy

Oliver and Diggle, but yeah, Arrow is lacking in general.

Harry + Cisco
HR + Everyone (as in he thinks that)

Rip + Jax (they started to get cosy in mentor student type role)

In regards to Male and Female relations (non romantic and family), we have -

Flash:
Caitlin + Cisco
Caitlin + Barry

LoT:
Sara + Rip
Amaya + Mick (maybe?)

Arrow:
Diggle + Felicity

Probably missing quite few of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.