• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping to my prior prediction:

Making a prediction here - the season is going to end with Mon-El either in suspended animation, the Phantom Zone, or thrown through time, so that he can found the Legion of Superheroes in a thousand years inspired by Kara's example.

Clark shows up at the end to tell Kara that when he was a teen figuring out his powers, he was visited by heroes from the future who were inspired by his example. Except for their leader. Somebody else showed him what it meant to be a hero.

Then Clark gives Kara the Legion Ring, and she uses it to travel to the 31st Century, where she sees Mon-El standing in a red suit and blue cape...

carlsojo

Keeping to my prior prediction:

Clark shows up at the end to tell Kara that when he was a teen figuring out his powers, he was visited by heroes from the future who were inspired by his example. Except for their leader. Somebody else showed him what it meant to be a hero.

Then Clark gives Kara the Legion Ring, and she uses it to travel to the 31st Century, where she sees Mon-El standing in a red suit and blue cape...

I can dig it.

Bluth54

They should use him more. Even for normal episodes from time to time.

Yeah I would like seeing him in a couple of random episodes a year (not too many, maybe 2 or 3).

If they can't do that I really hope they can make him a part of the 4 way crossover next year.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

He would steal the spotlight from Kara....the show isnt called Adventures of Kara and Clark.

I would like that as well...but there are obv. reasons why they cant him around all the time. Especially if they had to downgrade him into a jobber like Kara so that they dont take out their opponents too fast.

He would steal the spotlight from Kara....the show isnt called Adventures of Kara and Clark.

I would like that as well...but there are obv. reasons why they cant him around all the time. Especially if they had to downgrade him into a jobber like Kara so that they dont take out their opponents too fast.

It should because supergirl alone is not carrying the show. Not with these lame writers.

DeathyBoy

Banned
It should because supergirl alone is not carrying the show. Not with these lame writers.

Gaf hyperbole again...

But on topic, Superman will never outshine Supergirl. It's pretty much word of God in all canon that she's stronger than he is. So the show can just treat Supes as their version of Jay Garrick.

He was a good Supes. good to see him back.

on a tangent, I rewatched Jurassic World again on the weekend, and I kinda got surprised by the fact the actress who plays Lena Luthor is the assistant chick that everyone was upset about
-the one who had that incredibly violent death

Joni

He was a good Supes. good to see him back.

on a tangent, I rewatched Jurassic World again on the weekend, and I kinda got surprised by the fact the actress who plays Lena Luthor is the assistant chick that everyone was upset about
-the one who had that incredibly violent death

Oh great, I'll have to pay attention when I rewatch it.

They should have Lois pushing Clark to chill a bit and be a father,
Get a couple Superman appearances in but really give repoter Lois & Clark multiple appearances.

Kara back at CatCo competing against those two could make that stuff a lot of fun.
Bring Lucy back and have interaction and development between them.

Slow build to The Death of Superman, and eventually do Superboy Prime.

Even without him that's already happened this season

ZeroX03

Banned
Here's the synopsis for the May 1st episode. There's no Cat or Superman in it, so I don't know why you'd watch.

#2.19 "Alex"
ALEX IS KIDNAPPED - Alex (Chyler Leigh) is kidnapped and the kidnapper threatens to kill her unless Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) releases a notorious criminal from prison. Supergirl and Maggie (Floriana Lima) have always had different approaches to apprehending criminals but this time they must work together to save Alex. Meanwhile, Rhea (guest star Teri Hatcher) has an interesting proposal for Lena (Katie McGrath). Rob Greenlea directed the episode written by Eric Carrasco & Greg Baldwin (#219).

ZeroX03

Banned
Synopsis for #2.20 "City of Lost Children" airing May 8th.
"THIS IS US" LONNIE CHAVIS GUEST STARS - When an alien attacks National City, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the DEO learn the alien is a Phorian, an otherwise peaceful race with telekinetic powers. Guardian (Mehcad Brooks) gets a lead on the Phorian's address but instead of finding the culprit, he finds a very scared boy named Marcus (guest star Lonnie Chavis). Marcus will only trust James so it is up to Guardian to stop the attacks on the city. Rhea's (Teri Hatcher) plan escalates. Ben Bray directed the episode with story by Robert Rovner and teleplay by Gabriel Llanas & Anna Musky-Goldwyn (#220).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So... characters from the movies who are dead are fair game for the Arrowverse...

Supergirl Season 3: Reign of Ropeguy.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Supergirl finally has a villain that can Trump general Non.

Anyone else think the actor is a surprising choice?

He's been in other stuff but rarely as a large presence. Usually they go with someone who's had more speaking roles for a big character like this. Gotta rise up somehow, just strikes me as odd. It would be like casting a complete unknown to play Lex. Good for him though, must have had a good audition

MartyStu

I REALLY need the writers to keep Lena around and in good terms with Kara.

Her actress is magnetic.

Maybe she can date James. Y'all remember James 'Jimmy' Olsen right?

MartyStu

Or she could date Kara, way better star-crossed story than Mon-fratboy.

Okay, so I think this would be a bad idea in terms of how I see fans and the community reacting, but it can work very well in the show.

I can see several stories that this would spawn with Alex. Would dovetail very well with her feeling of self worth and he sister 'taking' something from her.

Would be pretty funny to see Wynn's 'I knew it' reaction.

As far as using actor chemistry to drive romantic relationships in the show, it is definitely more workable than Barry + Kara and a lot less potentially deadly than Oliver + Felicity--here, 'deadly' means: 'writers not knowing where to proceed post-consummation'.

Still, I think 'Wynn' is probably the endgame here for Kara. Still pulling for a Braniac reveal.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
James and Lena would be nice. Isn't he CEO of a major media conglomerate now? Talk about a power couple. I liked James and Kara too.

I'm still skeptical about James being around next season, honestly. Have they said he'll be around or are they mum on that kinda stuff? I feel like the least shocking thing ever would be him saying he's going to go be Guardian in another city during the season finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom