• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superhot Kickstarter by Superhot Team Goal: $100.000

FUCK YEAH IT'S ABOUT TIME

ib1rYNIVlWn22Y.gif

iqU0U9yHv3K8Z.gif

iZpS4rOyuzxZk.gif

Saty

The player's bullet hit immediately and aren't projectiles you would need to progress time for them to reach the target?

Venfayth

The player's bullet hit immediately and aren't projectiles you would need to progress time for them to reach the target?

They are projectiles and do need time to progress, according to the 5 minutes I spent playing the demo anyway.

Spierek

Let me take a wild guess: console versions, multiplayer/co-op, level editor/Workshop support. among other stuff

MP/Coop sounds like a nightmare. Imagine the amount of cooperation it would need if time moves for BOTH players if one player moves.

Yep, we're being careful with saying anything definitive about multiplayer modes, because we know it might be really hard to do.

Certainly going better than the Harmonix Kickstarter. ;)

I do like ho this Kickstarter is set up. The team did well here. You can already play the prototype and they show how things will be improved with the full game. Makes it an easy sell because the concept is just really cool.

Thanks! I'm also hoping that the Amplitude guys manage to reach their goal, because their game looks super awesome :)

FUCK YEAH IT'S ABOUT TIME

FUCK YEAH INDEED

Spierek, is it too early to confirm that this will make a return in the full version? :D

It should! :D

Ooooo. Never heard of this. I love the concept and it looks pretty amazing. They should add a replay function that shows you everything you did in realtime too.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ooooo. Never heard of this. I love the concept and it looks pretty amazing. They should add a replay function that shows you everything you did in realtime too.

I was thinking about that as well, haha. 3rd person highlight cam replay would be lovely.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Is a Wii U stretch goal a possibility due Unity?

I'd pledge in a heartbeat if so :D

Polk

Wasn't this already on Greenlight or did it miss? 100k sounds like a lot for a game I thought was coming regardless of KS. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I hope this isn't cash grab.
Last week they were shooting for $150k. So, it's good they made their goal more reasonable.

Wasn't this already on Greenlight or did it miss? 100k sounds like a lot for a game I thought was coming regardless of KS. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I hope this isn't cash grab.
Being Greenlit doesn't mean a game will be released. It just means that if a game is released, it can come to Steam.

FloatOn

hey I made a thread for this way back when.

I wish them the best. It looks amazing. I hope they figure out some kind of way to do a multiplayer mode.

hey I made a thread for this way back when.

I wish them the best. It looks amazing. I hope they figure out some kind of way to do a multiplayer mode.
How about this idea? An asynchronous mode where one player is the shooter and the other player(s) must place AI-controlled enemies on a map. So for the enemy team, it's like a puzzle game: where can we place our guys to catch the shooter in a crossfire, attack him from a blind spot, etc. And the shooter player needs to then react and outthink the other team's plan and kill everyone

50%! In less than twelve hours. A few days, Toma? If this keeps up, it'll be funded tomorrow

Better get that stretch goal list ready, Spierek

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
50%! In less than twelve hours. A few days, Toma? If this keeps up, it'll be funded tomorrow

Better get that stretch goal list ready, Spierek

I was initially saying a week, but I am sure it will be funded by tomorrow now.

N30RYU

This is gonna be funded in a blink... they need stretch goals for nextgen platforms...

SUPER HOT
SUPER HOT
SUPER HOT

I thought people had gotten Kicstarter fatigue by now but it's nice to see this barrelling through.

Helps that the prototype was amazing.

I expect more FMV weirdness XD

Toma

eFVCegh.png

So Spierek, what are you guys gonna do with 2,5 million?

Obviously way off the mark, but I love these early trending numbers

Edit: And I still expect a serious answer from you :p

WOW THIS IS FUCKING GREAT

Yep it is, the original prototype had a pretty decently sized GAF thread for an Indie game actually. I bet quite a few regulars still missed the thread though.

Mesoian

Backed. Superhot was really cool and has now spurned me to saying "SUPER. HOT! SUPER. HOT!" Every time we talk about warm weather.

Destructible environments seems like a thing that ought to happen but probably won't as debris could obstruct your view. But it needs to happen anyway.

Spierek, is that sumprunk track from the trailer an indication of what the game's soundtrack will sound like? Because if so...could you set up add-ons for the digital soundtrack?

Destructible environments seems like a thing that ought to happen but probably won't as debris could obstruct your view. But it needs to happen anyway.
Last year, when I asked what ideas they had for an expanded game, one idea mentioned was a shootout in a building as it collapsed.

Toma

Destructible environments seems like a thing that ought to happen but probably won't as debris would obstruct your view. But it needs to happen anyway.

Huh, why not? Did you watch the trailer? Shattering glass and they did mention they are working on levels with tons of mayhem going on, which are best to showcase this game anyway.

Huh, why not? Did you watch the trailer? Shattering glass and they did mention they are working on levels with tons of mayhem going on, which are best to showcase this game anyway.
It's important that you can tell when bullets are being fired and especially where they're at. Shit flying around in the air that aren't bullets seems like it could obstruct said bullets. If that's not a problem then that's great. Bring on the shitflying.

Toma

It's important that you can tell when bullets are being fired and especially where they're at. Shit flying around in the air that aren't bullets seems like it could obstruct said bullets. If that's not a problem then that's great. Bring on the shitflying.

Not worried about that at all, stopping time really always gives you almost perfect control over any situation, and flying hubris rarely flies at the same speed and in the same direction of a bullet, which means bullets will always stick out in bullet time since they are... you know... flying right into your face :p

Once scenario could be someone shooting through glass towards you, which means the extra stuff would also fly in your direction, but then again, it just looks cool to have stuff explode right into your face and a single sidestep allows you to bypass everything.

Toma

Game was featured in the Kickstarter newsletter so that should help keep up the early momentum

After getting 80,000 from just the first 13 hours, I doubt they need any more momentum :p

Toma

Guys; is WiiU a possibility?

I guess we'll know by tomorrow once the stretch goals are announced and since its programmed in Unity, I suggest you keep an eye on the stretch goals tomorrow.

Prototype

I heard about and played this game about a year ago and walked away super impressed. Very cool idea for a game and made the fps genre feel fresh to me after years of stagnation.

Hoping this comes out on every platform under the sun so everyone can play it.

Top Bottom