• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 34: Game Changers |OT| We Have To Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay we get to go full BB-style "you THINK you voted him out three tribals ago, but here's this week's twist! he gets to come back and has immunity until final 5!!!!"

can't wait

I know there aren't many to choose from, but if the theme is Ghost Island, could you imagine if they have loved ones of former players who have passed on to compete in the season?

Jims

I feel like it's gotta be something related to castaways who have been voted out. When they did the Outcast Twist back in Pearl Islands, they aired the episode on Halloween and played up how the past was coming back to haunt them. Maybe the voted out contestants don't leave the game immediately? Maybe they either live with the tribe temporarily or start playing spoiler in challenges or something?

Otherwise, it could be some kind of Blood vs. Water casting thing, with people from the contestants' pasts.

Macka

What's the problem with this? It seems like a way to avoid the 2 Players + 1 Goat scenario of every season.
Just means the power players will be targeted earlier.

Unless they surprise the players with it, which would be total bs.

llehuty

Hmm do I want to click or not? Could it be season ruining moment or something we won't like like the Tyler Perry idol?

Edit: Nvm, clicked on it. I think it's ok. I was expecting something more ridiculous
like, a jury member being able to get back in the game or something, BB style.

They have done worse, I must say.
The aforementioned Tyler Perry Idol.

Redmond reveals the Survivor 36 cast

Kinda getting a battle of the sexes vibe from this cast.

A redditor did a pretty great breakdown of the cast's average age:

Average cast age (assuming ? guy is 25) - 27.1, missing one female.

If that female is older, maybe 50, (hasn't been any woman older than 52 since Tocantins if I'm looking at the stats right) that brings the cast average to 28.2. Even if the woman is 75 (oldest ever), the average is still 29.5. If we have 75 year old woman plus maxing out 20's guy age to 29, that gives us 29.7. That's our maximum age.

I'd guess it'd probably fall closer to 28, because current oldest woman is 34, and oldest man is 41, so need a 40'sish woman to match.
The previous low? China. 30.2 average. This one is at most, four years younger (if woman is 18), and at least 0.5 years younger, if the unknown age man is 29 and our unknown woman is 75.

kirblar

Aussie Survivor v2 S2 starts up soon, did someone else want to do a new thread for that? I can do it again if no one else does.

Aussie Survivor v2 S2 starts up soon, did someone else want to do a new thread for that? I can do it again if no one else does.

Sounds good to me, you claimed it. Psyched for the next season! Castaways looking good pre-season. Nick from last season was already one of my favorite castaways ever even before starting the international podcasting for RHAP. Hope the AU version continues long enough to bring him back.

I'm down to put together the OT again for 35: HHH in about two months if that's cool. :)

kirblar

Sounds good to me, you claimed it. Psyched for the next season! Castaways looking good pre-season. Nick from last season was already one of my favorite castaways ever even before starting the international podcasting for RHAP. Hope the AU version continues long enough to bring him back.

I'm down to put together the OT again for 35: HHH in about two months if that's cool. :)
....him?

I found him to be an insufferable hypocrite post-getting saved by that stupid twist.

The stuff with JL alone on the beach where he just berated her for no reason was where he lost me completely.

That's where I really started to appreciate him. He didn't ask for the twist but made the best of it. JL was part of a big group trying to get him out based on appearance. He was on the bottom and used the twist to his advantage while she left no real impression on the season. For memorable blondes that season, Phoebe is a far better choice.

Wait, so last season people complained over
too many advantages
, and now they're going to
potentially hand a player two idols at once
?

This past weekend, I was at Hearts of Reality near Orlando, and among the actual Survivor royalty I met and talked to an alternate for
Ghost Island
for a good while. Really nice girl. She was also an alternate for MvGX (CiCi replaced her) and she has it on good authority that the
Ghost Island
twist is
a different twist every time someone goes there. She said some weeks it's Redemption Island, some weeks Exile Island, and other similar twists
. Take that with a grain of salt, but she sounded very sure of herself.

llehuty

Wait, so last season people complained over
too many advantages
, and now they're going to
potentially hand a player two idols at once
?

This past weekend, I was at Hearts of Reality near Orlando, and among the actual Survivor royalty I met and talked to an alternate for
Ghost Island
for a good while. Really nice girl. She was also an alternate for MvGX (CiCi replaced her) and she has it on good authority that the
Ghost Island
twist is
a different twist every time someone goes there. She said some weeks it's Redemption Island, some weeks Exile Island, and other similar twists
. Take that with a grain of salt, but she sounded very sure of herself.
hoveboarder with the insider scoops.

So all the
fuckery from unpredictable twists of the last Austraian Survivor season goes to the US edition and Australian season meanwhile being, so far,
very conservative twist-wise?

I'll make the new thread in a few weeks closer to the premiere.

In the meanwhile..

110129_1075b.jpg

EW Cast Reveal

Meet the Castaways videos on YouTube.

Game on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom