• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sven says No plans to bring EX Troopers westward at this time.

Omikaru

Except this game is a bit of a shooter which has more appeal than those. So yeah, it's definitely more shocking than a PSP game not being localized and a spin off Ace Attorney as much as I wanted both.

It may be a shooter, but it's anime-styled and the protagonist has pink hair. As far as Capcom USA is concerned, this game is asbestos.

Capcom wants shooters that appeal to CoD bros, and I can pretty much gauge the reaction from them when they see that game being promoted to them; it involves a lot of anti-Japanese and homophobic slurs.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Oddly this is the exact type of title Capcom would have been proud to show off before this generation I feel. They loved being known as (one of) the crazy, high-octane game maker, even back to the NES.

Now they're chasing them dudebros.

It all becomes too much for my brain when whoever in management is deciding that rather than pay slimjim translation+QC fee's for AAI, MonHun, ExTroopers and whatever else and make modest returns, they're throwing fucking millions into absolute C-tier western studios to make stuff like DmC, Lost Planet 3, and Remember Me. Its like theyve adopted some kind of insane "SUPPORT MIDDLING DOOMED DEVELOPERS" charity while simultaneously shitting on the few talented japanese devs left in their halls "YOU ARE NOT MAKING GAMES GOOD ENOUGH FOR AMERICA EYES".

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Except this game is a bit of a shooter which has more appeal than those. So yeah, it's definitely more shocking than a PSP game not being localized and a spin off Ace Attorney as much as I wanted both.
It seems to be lock-on based though. I figure that takes the oomph out of it for most shooting game fans.

izTBOtHqheu1N.png

Edit: Wait, what Sven said was standard PR talk. Doesn't confirm anything.

wsippel

Banned
Capcom, the same company that's ignored games like Last Ranker, Ace Attorney Investigations...
They kinda had excuses for those two (PSP dead, DS EoL). And I guess not bringing over the PS3 version of EX Troopers might be understandable as well, considering it also has Lost Planet proper and all. But the 3DS version? It's a visually impressive game in an underserved genre on a healthy platform.

Squire

Banned
Why would you release something (most likely very few) people want?

Fixed, in their defense.

Seriously, fuck Capcom, but anybody who even considered the possibility of them bringing this over was wasting their time. Writing's been on the wall since the day it was announced.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You can make it less wrong though.

You want to talk about the 30 FPS character action game with bad dialogue, the bugged out survival horror game with no survival or horror, or the middling third person shooter that's the 3rd sequel to a mediocre franchise?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'll take potshots when they are deserved

They won't announce it on a forum just because a dude asks. I don't think it's coming but this doesn't "confirm" anything

Careful, I hear the one-line potshot posters aren't being treated well by the mods these days.

The issue wasn't even if it would be localized! Sven brought that part up out of the blue. The issue they were discussing was "sub-series" (and not even Lost Planet's, Mega Man's!)

The fact that an explicit deconfirmation came out of the exchange was entirely Sven's decision. He knew what he was doing.

It may be a shooter, but it's anime-styled and the protagonist has pink hair. As far as Capcom USA is concerned, this game is asbestos.

Capcom wants shooters that appeal to CoD bros, and I can pretty much gauge the reaction from them when they see that game being promoted to them; it involves a lot of anti-Japanese and homophobic slurs.
Nothing localization can't fix lol, either way I still think it has way more appeal than those game. I mean naming Last Ranker...really? Let's be honest here, that game would of sold crap on PSP....in US.
It seems to be lock-on based though. I figure that takes the oomph out of it for most shooting game fans.
Yeah, that's why i said a bit of a shooter, it might fool some people :p

They kinda had excuses for those two (PSP dead, DS EoL). And I guess not bringing over the PS3 version of EX Troopers might be understandable as well, considering it also has Lost Planet proper and all. But the 3DS version? It's a visually impressive game in an underserved genre on a healthy platform.

i don't think ignoring PS3 version is understandable at all,especially when a japanese game with anime artstyle have space miko in it.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Fixed, in their defense.

Seriously, fuck Capcom, but anybody who even considered the possibility of them bringing this over was wasting their time. Writing's been on the wall since the day it was announced.

How so? It looks like just about any other action game, except it's cel-shaded and has potential. It wouldn't kill them to bring out the PS3 version, at least.

Though it's most egregious just because Capcom from last-gen would've brought this over without a second thought. Look at the sorts of games they gave us then -- even mediocrity-fests like Crimson Tears were allowed a US release. And now when Capcom has something that looks legitimately promising and has at least the hardcore fanbase's interest... they just deny it? What else are they doing over at Capcom US that demands their attention?

It'll be interesting to see where Capcom is in five years when all their goodwill they built up over the years has finally disintegrated into nothing.

abadguy

Banned
Well that sucks ass now doesn't it? Not touching "Lost Dead Space of Gears Planet 3" with a twenty foot pole, so i guess this series is now dead to me.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I just remembered Asura's Wrath came out in America. Slowly letting that sink in and now i'm asking myself why.

Boney

Banned
Careful, I hear the one-line potshot posters aren't being treated well by the mods these days.

The issue wasn't even if it would be localized! Sven brought that part up out of the blue. The issue they were discussing was "sub-series" (and not even Lost Planet's, Mega Man's!)

The fact that an explicit deconfirmation came out of the exchange was entirely Sven's decision. He knew what he was doing.

Because there was an earlier thread asking "Hey will this be localized!?"
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29367981/E.X._Troopers_localization?pg=1

And I'm sure mods know how to read and realize when potshots are warranted

Omikaru

Nothing localization can't fix lol, either way I still think it has way more appeal than those game. I mean naming Last Ranker...really? Let's be honest here, that game would of sold crap on PSP....in US.

I don't disagree, well, maybe not AAI2, since I think that would've done quite well considering the budget of an Ace Attorney game compared to something like E.X. Troopers, even if the raw sales figures told a different story.

And whilst I think the game looks great (and I'm definitely importing it on PS3 if I have to), I can kinda see where they're coming from with having no plans for this. There's probably a game that's more appealing to the current Western audiences gaming on consoles/handhelds which they can put their resources into localising.

Releasing the eShop version would probably be the easiest, cheapest route if they wanted to do it. But they clearly don't.

This is the company that were supposedly going to release a trial version of MML3 to test the waters for sales, then didn't even bother with that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's sad that we're in 2012 and still have to wonder about certain games being localized or not. Capcom certainly isn't alone here.

Takao

Banned

That's a rather poor excuse given both EX Troopers, and Lost Planet 3 are being released on PS3 in Japan.

Ken

That's the thing, aren't all the menus in Japanese? Not to mention the language, i kinda like to know what the hell is going on when i play a game and this seems pretty dialogue heavy..

Would depend on how much you care for the award-winning Lost Planet lore and writing. I don't, so I really won't miss much by not understanding the dialogue.

Menus can be fumbled through.

Time to import a 3DS LL?

Perhaps, although just getting a PS3 is still an option if you really want to play this.

Can we stop shifting blame to "WESTERNIZATION" when this kind of decisions actually come from Japan's HQ?

Who have top ranking execs who have some strange notion that the only way to profit is to only sell games with gritty settings and protagonists.

Anything that seems remotely Japanese isn't worth bringing over. Hense westernisation.

abadguy

Banned
Would depend on how much you care for the award-winning Lost Planet lore and writing. I don't, so I really won't miss much but not understanding the dialogue.

Menus can be fumbled through.

Well Dai Sato is involved in writing this one, so i imagine the story would at least be worth a look this time around.

I wouldn't count out a PS3 PSN release in the states just yet.
lol no.

We could say the same thing for Monster Hunter Tri G, hell the game is essentially translated. They could just dump it on the eShop at $20-$30* for jack shit cost. Capcom just sucks balls as a publisher.

*who the fuck am I kidding? They were originally going to charge $50 for Revelations. Go to hell, CACPOM.

Would depend on how much you care for the award-winning Lost Planet lore and writing.

Well, I care for actual context in a game. Even when I try a game "only" for the gameplay, I discover that I still want to be entertained by a narrative.

Top Bottom