• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch does seem to record activity data, unlocks after a week.

Glass Joe

I'm not gonna lie, to me this is kind of great news. Seems it's limited to 20 games, though. So I wonder what happens with the 21st? Will the records for that first game be deleted or properly archived for when you boot it up again?

Seriously, I'd really like achievements, Nintendo. But at least if I can have a semi-accurate log of how long I played each game along with letting me screen shot a "the end" screen, that takes care of most of my wants for playtime archiving.

It only shows the total time played per day across all games though - or at least I haven't found a way to see the details for each game. So it's not that useful if you play a lot of games simultaneously.

Yeah noticed that too :-( Maybe the monthly log will be more informative in that regard. Part of the pitch for the parental controls video was getting to talk to your kids about what games they've been playing and presumably how much. For now, everyone's monthly log is blank. And it would seem a bit unnecessary if the monthly log just regurgitated the exact same info as the daily, right?

aka_bueno

Did we ever get any more info on this? Originally it was being stated that this Switch activity log would change after a week of playing a game from "First played X days ago" to "Played X amount of hours" but now I'm seeing others around the web posts screens of their log saying "First played 8 days ago"...so the changing after a week thing doesn't seem to be true.

Josh5890

Did we ever get any more info on this? Originally it was being stated that this Switch activity log would change after a week of playing a game from "First played X days ago" to "Played X amount of hours" but now I'm seeing others around the web posts screens of their log saying "First played 8 days ago"...so the changing after a week thing doesn't seem to be true.

Same here. I was excited because I thought I was finally getting the details but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Ein Bear

I really hope that the implication that the Switch is tracking all this data in the background means that a proper Activity Log will be added in an update. I need my stats.

tommyguns

Mine now just says first played 7 days ago:/

Also only blaster master is written in green font. The rest are grey. What's that about

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Mine now just says first played 7 days ago:/

Also only blaster master is written in green font. The rest are grey. What's that about

I have different font colors, too, but mine were divided among digital vs. physical. Is yours a similar split? Mine could also be based on playtime, since I've played my physical Zelda way more than Shovel Knight and Fast RMX at this point.

tommyguns

I have different font colors, too, but mine were divided among digital vs. physical. Is yours a similar split? Mine could also be based on playtime, since I've played my physical Zelda way more than Shovel Knight and Fast RMX at this point.

What colors do you have? Current blaster master is the only one green. The rest are grey. Zelda physical. The rest digital. (Fast RMX, shovel Knight, and Master blaster)

I did originally have fast and shovel night on a micro SD card but since removed the card and re downloaded onto the system. Wonder if that's a factor

Robin64

Not only is it not really true, mine was saying it since the first day and does right now on new games, such as Shovel Knight saying "Played for a few minutes".

I don't know why.

aka_bueno

Not only is it not really true, mine was saying it since the first day and does right now on new games, such as Shovel Knight saying "Played for a few minutes".

I don't know why.

What makes you so special!?

No, seriously...did you do something out of the ordinary? There has to be something different between your setup and ours lol.

How many friends have you added? Do you play in docked mode mostly? (I play only handheld)...

Are your games all digital?

I gotta figure this out!

ekim

All the different reports here are weird af and make no sense.

Can someone see if maybe some kind of privacy setting changes that?

Strider

If they have a feature like this already, it's probably a simple thing to add a proper activity log.

That's what I'm thinking. It's tracking the data for now and the proper activity log will (hopefully) come later.

Good that once that activity log does hit it'll (presumably) have all our data prior to its launch as well

Twookie

yeah mine just says 8 days ago too.

do you need to have added friends on the switch for this to work? I haven't bothered adding my friends yet

Twookie

I have a friend on mine so its not that cause im seeing nothing either.

Yeah I figured that wouldn't work, but you never know with Nintendo
blink.gif

Top Bottom