• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Roof-top Parties: How many have managed to recreate this prestigious event

timshundo

Jb2AZ3I.jpg

not a party but we got mario kart going during happy hour on our rooftop deck at work, didn't even think about the commercial! screen is surprisingly ok in the sun!

forrest

formerly nacire
I have a rooftop patio at the top of my apartment building here is Seattle. No real desire to take the switch up there when I have a 130 inch projector screen in the apartment

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The more time that goes on the more and more clear it becomes that Nintendo absolutely nailed this concept.

Metalmarc

How are we supposed to have Rooftop Parties when a lot of our Rooftops look like this? At least in our part of the uk, also we live on a slope and our yard is too small, and the weather is shite.

image.jpg

Talk about non inclusive, Nintendo you jerks (jking)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Shall this be the Official Show Off Your Switch Life thread? I think so!

Here's mine:

Rooftop enough?

9X2MThn.jpg

Love flying with the Switch:

k2HaVsL.jpg

SM8qDp3.jpg

The more time that goes on the more and more clear it becomes that Nintendo absolutely nailed this concept.

Truer words have rarely been spoken

Ashtar

Shall this be the Official Show Off Your Switch Life thread? I think so!

Here's mine:

Rooftop enough?

9X2MThn.jpg

Love flying with the Switch:

k2HaVsL.jpg

SM8qDp3.jpg

Truer words have rarely been spoken
Jeez, Ball much sir?

is that Andrea Renee in the OP I'd recognize that 5 head anywhere!

Played Mario Kart 8 at a 5 star Japanese steakhouse. Started getting a crowd of young adults watching me and my girlfriend. Then they wanted to try while our food was being made. Was honestly a lot of fun. After we ate we ordered drinks and made some friends as we played. I honestly see the magic behind this thing.

any pics tho?

Maximus P

I used to be part of a reasonably active watch forum and one of the threads on there was named 'wrist shots'. What started as people posting pictures of themselves wearing Rolex, Tag and breitling watches soon turned into shots of people looking at their watches in the most luxurious locations. A strip club, by the pool with a hot girl, on top of a mountain and at the wheel of a 6 figure sports car.

This thread is giving me the same vibes.

I used to be part of a reasonably active watch forum and one of the threads on there was named 'wrist shots'. What started as people posting pictures of themselves wearing Rolex, Tag and breitling watches soon turned into shots of people looking at their watches in the most luxurious locations. A strip club, by the pool with a hot girl, on top of a mountain and at the wheel of a 6 figure sports car.

This thread is giving me the same vibes.

LOL for real. Kinda want to see it though.

Easier ways to break in. It's why most apartments I've seen prohibit access and keep it locked.
Not that I nescessarily agree to the reasoning.

Oh ok. Still though, it's not reasonably easy for the average person to get to a building's rooftop.

Here in DC area a lot of bars and apartment buildings use their rooftops.

atom519

No rooftop party, but as others have mentioned the Switch is perfect for flights. I played Snipperclips with my boss and boy does it make the time fly by.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Nintendo Karen's official Instagram account.

Good for her for embracing this stuff.

Edit: Link removed for safety. I didn't know it was not allowed. Sorry.

Played 2p Mario Kart on a flight to Chicago today in tabletop mode and it worked flawlessly. Person I was with was impressed.

Richie

That moment when you realize Switch owners who invite others to play...

...are the Real Life "Wii Would Like To Play" guys.

maks

I cant even play in my living room in the daytime due to the glare. I did put an amfilm screen protector on though. Maybe thats it.

Had a video game event last night for my house warming. In between sessions of marvel, street fighter, FIFA, halo and other games, we had 8 player MK8 games that had us rolling. Some people played from the patio. If that counts for anything.

Joey Ravn

Banned
We got a thread about this and it got closed super fast.

Rip this thread too.

I don't see how that Instagram account can be any harmful? She looks like she's genuinely enjoying her Switch and the Internet fame that came with it :/

Should I remove the link?

jts

...hate me...
Just today I've been to my in-laws and took the Switch. Played Mario Kart and 1-2-Switch with the folks and kids. Good times were had. Indoors though.

Now bring me that Wii Sports, Nintendo.

I spent about an hour playing Puyo Puyo Tetris with people using four joycons at a Smash tournament yesterday. Everyone wanted in.

Was fun!

Penguin

Probably not the same

But the first Splatoon 2 Testfire was during work hours so some co-workers and I booked a conference room and borrowed a projector and played it for an hour.

I can't fathom it.

I've never seen games be a thing at parties other than Rock Band a few different times. I've seen MvC3 or SFIV being played by a few people, but they seemed to be kind of withdrawing from socializing anyways. I don't see why Switch would be something novel that people would be interested in at a party other than because it's new.

gogogow

I can't fathom it.

I've never seen games be a thing at parties other than Rock Band a few different times. I've seen MvC3 or SFIV being played by a few people, but they seemed to be kind of withdrawing from socializing anyways. I don't see why Switch would be something novel that people would be interested in at a party other than because it's new.

Because nothing like it has ever existed. It's small, you can bring it everywhere with you, it comes standard with a screen and two controllers. It's perfect for parties. And Nintendo are masters at local multiplayer games. Really not hard to understand.

phanphare

Banned
that moment when your buddy invites you to a brewery during the week and you realize you can bring your Switch with you and play Mario Kart while drinking

I'll probably end up leaving it at home but the fact that I actually considered it..

Penguin

I can't fathom it.

Well games in general are popular at parties. Drinking games. Card games. Board games. People like having activities other than eating or drinking at these events. (Clearly depends on the type of party too)

So it serves to reason that a proper video game could also be something that draws folks attention.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
ztJM2fph.jpg

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHA sorry i know it's a cheap joke but 4 player on that screen ?
fuck me.

playing on my what? 18 inch crt in 2000 with goldeneye,
felt like having a huge screen back in the day.

i still love nintendo for being nintendo and letting me 4vs player on that size tho!

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHA sorry i know it's a cheap joke but 4 player on that screen ?
fuck me.

playing on my what? 18 inch crt in 2000 with goldeneye,
felt like having a huge screen back in the day.

i still love nintendo for being nintendo and letting me 4vs player on that size tho!

640 x 360 on the Switch per player versus 160 x 120 per player on N64 though.

Top Bottom