• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Roof-top Parties: How many have managed to recreate this prestigious event

Not really a party but once I was playing Snipperclips with a friend at some food court in PA and two kids came running and screaming IS THAT A NINTENDO SWITCH?! I let them play for a while but all they did was cut each other over and over again lmfao. They couldn't stop laughing. It was hilarious.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
gggAXoG.jpg

At a bar in the back yard area. Pretty close?

Jesus dunno if that's you on the foreground, but that person's hands seem wayyy too fuckin' big for that Joycon. Owning a Switch myself I always thought people exagerated the petiteness of the cons, but here I can see why.

Luckily I have pretty regular sized hands.

No rooftop for me... yet. But the Switch concept has proved itself many times already.

Office lunch Quiplash session - this picture actually is not staged believe it or not.

FvRM7rJ.jpg

Airplane (so comfy)

nGJavLO.jpg

Multitasking with BotW and Big Little Lies

OOZNTUv.jpg

Perfect for puppies too!

ipv5ZGQ.jpg

Not really a party but once I was playing Snipperclips with a friend at some food court in PA and two kids came running and screaming IS THAT A NINTENDO SWITCH?! I let them play for a while but all they did was cut each other over and over again lmfao. They couldn't stop laughing. It was hilarious.

lmao SC seems like a grief-friendly game

It's no rooftop party but last Friday I brought it to my job. It was the last day of FSA testing and my students worked so hard up till that day that I decided to reward them by bringing it. I let them all play 1-2 switch, Bomberman and Mario Kart 8. They loved it.

Zemm

No rooftop for me... yet. But the Switch concept has proved itself many times already.

Office lunch Quiplash session - this picture actually is not staged believe it or not.

FvRM7rJ.jpg

Quiplash is our groups go to MP game and it looks like it's the only one that really doesn't get hindered too much by the small screen. Might need to pick it up for the Switch.

JCX

I've played at the office, while waiting with other comics to perform before a show, even at a bar. It's a magnetic little device. Mario Kart is probably the best example of it.

Kovacs

No rooftops, but recently did a road trip through Northern Italy and played a bit of 2-player Snipperclips on a hotel balcony somewhere in the foothills north of Genoa.

Cepheus

I've taken my Switch to Wetherspoons and a university bar and played 4-player Bomberman. People loved it. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of tabletop mode. I don't have a TV atm but that doesn't matter since I can either play it on my desk, at the kitchen table or prop it up on a chair and play lying in bed. I have a feeling I'll be taking my Switch everywhere I go.

Grakl

My boyfriend and a few friends brought 3 Switches to a party and we had a Mario Kart session lmao, this shit is popular af

kfs3kf6.jpg

Conducted the experiment myself today with some fellow deployed :)

Had plenty of people walk-by, stop and actively inquire what it was and how they could get one

Yeah.... I'm thinking Nintendo may have accomplished their mission

when does Nintendo's commission check come through tho?

Alpha_eX

I had a drunken game of 1-2-Switch going with a random Japanese couple who were curious and wanted to try. It was a blast.

On the way back from Paris I had the entire row (6 people) playing 1-2-Switch, and then 3 of us huddled around Puyo Puyo.

Love the Switch!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I have access to a rooftop terrace. Does it still count if nobody else turns up?

I did the airplane thing though and it felt great! Except for not being able to charge it and play at the same time. Stupid power supply location.

Jintor

Busted out Mario kart at a ramen joint with my mate, but it was too close to closing and they hustled us out of the after only two races :(

NimbusD

Jesus dunno if that's you on the foreground, but that person's hands seem wayyy too fuckin' big for that Joycon. Owning a Switch myself I always thought people exagerated the petiteness of the cons, but here I can see why.

Luckily I have pretty regular sized hands.
Lol yeah both me and my friend are very tall dudes with big ole hands. Tbh though I don't think the joycon would be very comfortable even with smaller hands, but it's weird, because there's not much controller there so it feels like it doesn't matter. Maybe for longer play sessions, but I've got a pro controller for that. But since the controller is all just joystick and buttons and super light, the grip you have on it doesn't matter.

NewGame

Banned
Saw a Switch on the train, was playing Zelda, later a shopping centre food court had about 5 high school kids Mario Karting.

I feel like a bird watcher. Like my super power is being able to identify consoles and video games it in the wild.

Me and my friend went to the inlet to watch the sunset, ended up playing mk8 on the beach instead. Great little machine.

I want karen in smash and all she does is charm people by being cute and doing amalie impressions

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
A couple of us brought our Switch to work to play Mario Kart during a lunch time and people were loving it. We now have a chat group at work for Mario Kart so we can easily arrange a quick session via the group chat. I say that's pretty successful :)

japtor

Haven't done rooftop but I've brought the whole shebang to some parties for Puyo Puyo Tetris, and 1-2-Switch has gone over far better than I expected. Then again I guess it's not that surprising, it's pretty Snapchat/Boomerang/etc friendly. Haven't had too many opportunities since MK came out but I'm sure that'll do well too.

Also done table top a few places of course (most remote place being a cabin in the woods), as well as playing in the backseat of a car on a road trip (later pulled off the joycon for 3p):

EakUgOQl.jpg

I played at jury duty and surprisingly I wasn't the only one. I play pick up basketball every week but I don't expect to be recreating the post real basketball video game basketball scene.

Blizzard

Banned
I saw two guys playing Mario Kart on the floor of a movie theater in line for Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Unfortunately they only had 2 joycons so I couldn't try it out. They let me hold one briefly and I confirmed that yes, my massive gorilla hands dwarf the things so I'll need to spend $60 or whatnot for the pro controller once Mario comes out.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Hit the gym hard on Friday

O5nzc21_d.jpg

(my PT is a Mario Kart fan, and now I think I've caused him to get a Switch)

The joycons work much better than I thought they would

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if my wifi is available on my roof top terrace

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Terrace of a bar, closest I've done. People def stop by and get curious.

9iZLgTK.jpg

Alienfan

I was picking up weed for a friend and I, and the drug dealer invited me into their house to play Mario Kart on their switch. A unexpected experience, lead me to buying a switch the next day. Not quite a party, but there's gotta be a "playing switch with your drug dealer" segment in the commercial

Top Bottom