• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch up on Amazon.de - 329,99€

Tommi84

67362483.jpg

mario_O

So 400 euros to play Zelda? damn. If I find a cheap WiiU I'll play it. The game looks more or less the same on both consoles anyway.

Any word on the release date for WiiU?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think the device will have stronger mainstream appeal then Nintendos previous systems - the price seems fine if its an appealing product for the customers. Sure it could be cheaper but getting a new system at launch is always a luxury purchase.

I think the device will have stronger mainstream appeal then Nintendos previous systems - the price seems fine if its an appealing product for the customers. Sure it could be cheaper but getting a new system at launch is always a luxury purchase.
Will it have enough appeal to make the mainstream drop their mobile games and look past the hefty price of the Switch? I seriously doubt it.

Will it have enough appeal to make the mainstream drop their mobile games and look past the hefty price of the Switch? I seriously doubt it.

That's the thing. Is it reasonable to pay another 350-400€ for mobile hardware which most of us already have in our pockets? Even screen size isn't too far off.

Pricing is not fine when even 95% of hardcore crowd at Neogaf are screaming overpriced. And if we are not willing to pay those prices, the mainstream customer won't be either. Regardless of the appeal.

Theonik

That's unrelated though. They can still set RRPs. They list a case where they forced retailers to set the price they wanted.
I am aware. Their reaction is still to just not release an RRP to prevent such allegations in the future.

Shiggy

Never use NeoGAF as a metric for anything.

For hardcore devices like this, it's a relatively good metric. See: Wii U and PS4.

With the price, game lineup, and paid online, it seems like even less appealing than the Wii U. Especially the European market is really competitive.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Pricing is not fine when even 95% of hardcore crowd at Neogaf are screaming overpriced. And if we are not willing to pay those prices, the mainstream customer won't be either. Regardless of the appeal.

Thats a launch price for a new system - they will drop the price down the line. I think considering there will be enough people picking it up at launch and after that the market will decide how strong the appeal is.

A Switch for 250 during the Holidays while releasing Mario Odyssey and Co. seems like. But yeah if you wanna be there Day 1 you gotta pay up.

I pre-ordered the Switch at Bol.com - a Dutch retailer. This is what I paid.

- Switch (grey) EUR 309,-
- Zelda BotW EUR 59,99-
- Zelda BotW LE (arguably a PAL territory edition) EUR 89,99-
- Pro Controller EUR 64,99-
EUR 523,97-

Shredderi

I honestly wish Nintendo the best with their new console, but I'm disheartened to say that I'm out. As someone who already has a PS4 but was open to the idea of buying a nintendo console if the price was right, they blew it. With the paid online and how expensive the controllers are, this console doesn't even exist right now in my eyes.

GlamFM

Banned
For hardcore devices like this, it's a relatively good metric. See: Wii U and PS4.

With the price, game lineup, and paid online, it seems like even less appealing than the Wii U. Especially the European market is really competitive.

Don´t think so. Especially right now where we are living in hyperbole land. Some "experts" here were so convinced in the 249 pp that they feel personally offended.

If I had nothing better to do I would monitor the launch thread and serve around a thousand crows in March.

ty_hot

It is so overpriced. The specs of the console just arent worth 330. We went to sleep hoping for 250, expecting 300 at max... and now 330. boom. I was expecting a 300 euros pack with a last gen port, or the pro controller...

For 160 euros we can get a phone with 6'', 720p IPS, 3gb ram, 32gb rom. So very close to the switch. then add 170 euros for a dock that is basically a... DOCK with a fan. And the controllers that are overpriced at 80 (even if you pretend they are worth that much, the Dock itself would be valued at 90 euros LOL) This is absolutely insane.

They WILL have to drop the price before the holiday season. There is no other option. PS4 is selling for 250-270 everywhere. With the Scorpio coming, PS4 Pro is probably droping, then the base PS4 slim as well... the Switch will have tool, but I am afraid it will be too late (if all consoles drop 50 euros, then the switch keeps its bad pricing in comparison).

Wace

Why is the text in German and the links in Russian? What site is that?

That's the German site delivering to Russia. Way better prices (got PS4Pro there) than any local retailer.

https://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90681772/nintendo-switch.asp

MoogleWizard said:
Looks like a real trustworthy site lol.
KHlover said:
Looks like I site I wouldn't trust with 330€ tbh

I've trusted them with ~ 390 getting PS4Pro. No problem at all. No promises as well though. :)

Top Bottom