• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch up on Amazon.de - 329,99€

Same price in Portugal. At the very least they should have packed in that silly 1,2 game. I wasn't really expecting to pay more than 300€ for the console itself. Not sure I want.

hEist

ordered 2 consoles this morning, one for me and one for my dad.

just looked thru amazon.de now, 69,99€ for Zelda and same price for the Pro Controller?
why?

flohen95

just looked thru amazon.de now, 69,99€ for Zelda and same price for the Pro Controller?
why?

70€ is the standard price for full priced games (see: Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mass Effect Andromeda, Nioh etc.).
Nintendo have usually elected to sell their games for cheaper prices (60€ being the upper ceiling), but if I recall correctly, Wii U games were 69,99€ initially as well.

As far as I know, the controller being 70€ is roughly in line with the original prices for the Xbox One controller (65€?) and the Dualshock 4 (70€?). I'm not 100% sure on the launch prices of those two, though.

I wish it was cheaper, too, but that's how it is.

Turrican2

Ordered mine (grey version) today in the morning on amazon.de.
Zelda BotW, Xenoblade 2 and Super Mario Odyssey made me do it. It is 80€ more expensive than I expected but Zelda looks too good.

Bert

pre ordered a second time

yeah but you cant play the PS4 on the go (except that horrible remote play thing over PS Vita)

Why is remote play horrible?

I probably use it as much as I'd ever use the Switch outside the house. Does the job.

If I can buy a PS4 and 2nd hand Vita for the cost of a Switch, why the hell would I bother with a Switch?

Nintendo really fucked up here. I mean I was even hyped for the Wii U, that's how much I love Nintendo consoles. But this is just leaving me cold. Even the only games I'd be interested in (Mario and Splatoon) are ages away and knowing Nintendo probably not going to release in the first year.

Just give up already. Stop making me pay for overpriced consoles that gather dust for months between decent games. Either sign up to partner with Apple for Apple TV 2nd Party or go third party. I'm done, and I'm the last person I know IRL who gives a shit about Nintendo.

Smax

why?

Because of people who preorder not just one, but two of Nintendo's new console immediately upon announcement, without thinking twice.

plidex

Because of people who preorder not just one, but two of Nintendo's new console immediately upon announcement, without thinking twice.

He bought one for him and one for his dad. He is not hoarding preorders like other people.

Violet_0

Banned
any idea if Gamestop is doing a similar Wii U trade-in offer in Europe as they have in the US? Not sure what the best place would be to sell the console

Proper controller? 2 joycons plus a joycon holder are included in the switch...seems like a proper controller to me...

I'm gonna be honest. The joycon controller seems very uncomfortable and I'd prefer the pro controller as well, judging by the looks.

But of course we will only know for sure when we've held that thing in our actual hands.

3Dprinted

Neo Member
The Euro could be dead or worth half at any moment. There are serious, substantial and threatening problems in the European economy, lead by stability issues in Italy and Greece that could be only solved by leaving the Euro which will bring the currency to implode.

This has NOTHING to do with the pricing point. Really, nothing. They just screwed up. Also, nice theory you have there... maybe it's the other way around.

Why is remote play horrible?

I probably use it as much as I'd ever use the Switch outside the house. Does the job.

1. Because you need Wifi to play it at all
2. Because the games stutter occasionally and have noticeable input lag
3. Because you can get disconnected (happened to me plenty in the same house)
4. Sometimes console wont shut down properly and you notice it when you come back home..
No sorry not for me.If I can buy a PS4 and 2nd hand Vita for the cost of a Switch, why the hell would I bother with a Switch?
because

1. Nintendo
2. I already have a vita and a ps4 and a PSVR so I dont have more hardware to spend money on.

Wace

Official Russian Nintendo store preorders are up:
https://mir.nintendo.ru/categories/switch
22 499 RUB (~355 EURO)

Ordering from Germany (minus VAT, plus delivery) as I've planned originally equals to 333 EURO. Not so much of the difference, unfortunately, not enough to lose warranty / return benefits over it.

I don't see Breath of the Wild on amazon.de for the Switch, only the WiiU version. Am I missing something? I can swear I saw it before. I don't see any accessories either. Strange.

This hurts me so much...Why do we get this cover. Why not the other one, that looks soo much better.

EDIT: Austria has pegi right? Looks like I will buy the game from austria.

Because Europe is more accepting of pretty boy faces, while America needs the strong dark silhouette to make it more manly. (I'm not serious but I wouldn't be surprised if it's something like that).

wxsb1pB.jpg

Damn, even N-TV is reporting this... :D

PnCIa

Good one Nintendo. That is just too much for what it actually is in terms of hardware plus game prices and no bundle. I will upgrade my PC a bit instead.

Parsnip

Haven't seen any store confirm final prices in Finland yet, but knowing how electronic prices usually compare between Germany and us, outlook not so good.

Ordered mine (grey version) today in the morning on amazon.de.
Zelda BotW, Xenoblade 2 and Super Mario Odyssey made me do it. It is 80€ more expensive than I expected but Zelda looks too good.
Did you check your expected delivery date? I thought launch day consoles were already gone on amazon.de

jts

...hate me...
The Nintendo Switch will cost 3595 SEK in Sweden according to Gamereactor.

Source: http://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/424353/Nu+har+vi+ett+pris+for+Nintendo+Switch+i+Sverige/

I’ve ordered mine from Amazon.de to Finland (free shipping) and with added VAT gets to €343.

Heh, whatever. I mean I’ll cancel it if I find it cheaper from somewhere else, but I suspect the local price will be even higher, and I’m not even sure if this country will get any real allocation of consoles.

I’ll live.

What are they basing this on?

That doom stories in general generate more clicks/reactions than positive ones, regardless whether the basics are even (half) true. I can't imagine anyone would at all react to the title 'Nintendo talks details of new console, first seen in October'. Human brains in the 21st century are evidently not capable of precision w/o prejudice :(

3% off already at amazon.es and mediamarkt.es

That's 319€. Bomba confirmed.

I was casually going to amazon and saw the new prices, also Zelda is now at 60e.

Thing is, my order doesn't state a delivery date and only mentions I'll get an email eventually to confirm the date. Does that mean that they run out of systems for day one and I'll have to wait for the second batch? Or is this the same for everyone else?

Zelda does say I'll be getting it on day one.

By the way, do you guys know if Zelda will come in several languages? I really don't wanna play it in Spanish.

Top Bottom