• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag |OT| A Little Kirito in Your Pocket

Kettch

Edit: I'm STILL re-rolling. No 4* all day. Honestly, with rates as bad as this I don't even know if I want to play this anymore. Eventually, you're going to reach a point where you need 4* characters, and considering the number of re-rolls I did today without a single one, this is easily $1000+ worth of in-game currency I've used (that was free, since I re-rolled). It definitely seems lower than 4% to me. No joke, I have a feeling I've re-rolled at least 50 times today. That's 100 summons. It's likely even more than 50. That's 1250 in-game currency.

I'll keep at it, since I'm a determined bastard, but still.

Edit: I just got another one. Fucking Agil. Guy should be a 3*, he's worthless.

I remember when the DBZ game from Bamco came out, the SSR rates were insanely low, worse than here even. Eventually they upped things to 7/8% though, and now they even have double rate banners with 15%. So I'd expect a similar quality of life update here someday.

chrono01

I remember when the DBZ game from Bamco came out, the SSR rates were insanely low, worse than here even. Eventually they upped things to 7/8% though, and now they even have double rate banners with 15%. So I'd expect a similar quality of life update here someday.
Man, I hope so.

chrono01

After being burnt by naruto.
I will only pull on guaranteed banner if they have 1 in this game.

Dont forget to check the region on your app.
Gonna be bad if it isnt NA when you got your 4*
No worries, it's NA, haha. Thanks for the warning though.

Yeah, Naruto is in a really bad spot right now. Just full of nothing but grinding, it's even got me tired out. If I can settle with an account in this, and once Fire Emblem releases, I'll probably drop it entirely. Right now I just log in for the dailies and that's about it. Shame, since I put money into it (bundle characters). :/

Kettch

Korede owari da!

gBzTJgP.png

Finally picked up Silica. Only took until the 8th 4* I came across, so not as bad I was prepared for.

Sorry to anyone looking forward to more 4* accounts from me. All I have left now is a pair of Leafa 4*s.

chrono01

Korede owari da!

Finally picked up Silica. Only took until the 8th 4* I came across, so not as bad I was prepared for.

Sorry to anyone looking forward to more 4* accounts from me. All I have left now is a pair of Leafa 4*s.
Congrats! My quest still continues. You're getting way more 4* than me, which makes the battle all the more difficult.

I hate myself. But hey, you can thank me in a week for us having a ten million download celebration!

maouvin

All this rerolling talk sounds 3hardcore5me lol. Guess just going with the flow/unoptimized rolls can only get me so far? I've been years away from mobile gaming so I don't really know how these thing work.

edit: cheers Kettch!

Aaaaand not available in my country. As usual.

iOS allows you to have multiple accounts from different regions, Android might be the same?

Kettch

All this rerolling talk sounds 3hardcore5me lol. Guess just going with the flow/unoptimized rolls can only get me so far? I've been years away from mobile gaming so I don't really know how these thing work.

Nah, you can usually play these games fine with average units. It's just that if you want a rare unit, rerolling is a nice way to get one instead of spending hundreds of dollars.

Quonny

4% base chance at 'top tier' is higher than games like FFBE, Granblue, etc.

Stop killing yourself with rerolls and just play. You have Seven. She's the third best character in the game. I don't know why you're doing this to yourself.

chrono01

4% base chance at 'top tier' is higher than games like FFBE, Granblue, etc.

Stop killing yourself with rerolls and just play. You have Seven. She's the third best character in the game. I don't know why you're doing this to yourself.
What you say is true, but I just know if I don't get "what I'm after" then I'll just end up regretting it later. Well that, and I don't particularly enjoy ranged characters. If she was a melee there'd be no question, but spellcasters aren't exactly my thing. Maybe I'll grow to like it?

Regardless, I'll give it another day of re-rolling and see how I feel then.

Yes, I know I'm insane. Yes, I know it's not needed. And yet, here I am. I really only have myself to blame, haha.

linkent

Made a friends list spreadsheet.

Quote to see.

@Quonny put it on first page pls.

Yes, I know I'm insane. Yes, I know it's not needed. And yet, here I am. I really only have myself to blame, haha.
After this many gachas game, it has become stupid not to reroll honestly as this is the only chance we can choose the waifu.

but with this much hassle, it is also understandable why other choose to not do it.

wish you luck soon!

Quonny

Please tell me you're doing it on a rooted device, at least!

You know what, fuck it. FigureGAFers have to stick together. I'll reroll on my emulator today too and hope I get something good for you. I work from home so it's no big thing.

Edit: thanks for the spreadsheet, will do when I get on the computer

chrono01

Please tell me you're doing it on a rooted device, at least!

You know what, fuck it. FigureGAFers have to stick together. I'll reroll on my emulator today too and hope I get something good for you. I work from home so it's no big thing.
I'm on iOS so I'm not sure how to root it. So now, I've been re-downloading it all. Takes a decent amount of time.

And don't worry about it man. I have no problems re-rolling, despite my frustration shown towards it. I view it as a challenge, which makes victory all the more sweeter. :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm on iOS so I'm not sure how to root it. So now, I've been re-downloading it all. Takes a decent amount of time.

And don't worry about it man. I have no problems re-rolling, despite my frustration shown towards it. I view it as a challenge, which makes victory all the more sweeter. :)

I downloaded Nox to reroll faster. The ingame download speeds are atrocious. I'm fine losing out on the 6 memory diamonds from the transfer.

Quonny

Oh god.

Rip. You can reroll probably 4x faster with Nox.

ReaperXL7

After re rolling all day yesterday the only 4* I got was Klein, probably just going to settle with him since Rerolling is sucking my soul away and I got pretty far with him in the JP version at launch.

I'm really curious how they will order then events though, seems weird that they would do a Christmas event potentially in the spring or summer. If they follow the JP updates I think the first update is ALO related and then Halloween and Christmas.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I might just have to throw in the towel. I hit reroll number 40 this morning and have rolled a total of 1 4* dude (Agil of all people). If these rates are reflective of the rest of the game (which they are), I just don't think I can do it. Too bad because I love SAO!

ReaperXL7

I might just have to throw in the towel. I hit reroll number 40 this morning and have rolled a total of 1 4* dude (Agil of all people). If these rates are reflective of the rest of the game (which they are), I just don't think I can do it. Too bad because I love SAO!

It's probably at least partly because how small the pool is currently. There are only a handful of 4* characters at the moment, they have made pull rates better in other games as the roster grew so hopefully they will do the same here.

Quonny

I don't know why people are so obsessed with rerolling for a top tier.

Nightgown Asuna is really good. And she's already geared. She's going to be better than any top tier unit you pull for weeks if not months, and by that time they'll have an event gacha for even better units and you'll be swimming in diamonds. After one day I already have 500 diamonds banked and haven't felt the need to pull.

Units in this game mean little without gear.

I've plowed through the story and can do all the difficulties with just Nightgown Asuna.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't know why people are so obsessed with rerolling for a top tier.

Nightgown Asuna is really good. And she's already geared. She's going to be better than any top tier unit you pull for weeks if not months. After one day I already have 500 diamonds banked and haven't felt the need to pull.

Units in this game mean little without gear.

I've plowed through the story and can do all the difficulties with just Nightgown Asuna.

Like many people in this thread, I've played a LOT of gacha games. Monster Strike was the last one I played that REALLY fucked you with bad pulls. Rates are hot garbage and anything that's not a 5* pull is basically useless. I don't want to rely on co-op/multiplayer to succeed in a mobile game.

Quonny

Like many people in this thread, I've played a LOT of gacha games. Monster Strike was the last one I played that REALLY fucked you with bad pulls. Rates are hot garbage and anything that's not a 5* pull is basically useless. I don't want to rely on co-op/multiplayer to succeed in a mobile game.
You don't have to. Again, I'm using just the free unit they give you at launch and I'm more than pulling my weight. Comparing her to other units on the tier list, she's probably a A-B. Look at the tier list again and there are many units higher than aren't even out yet, so if you're gunning for that 0.6% that's going to be outclassed you're gonna have a bad time

I mean, if you're set on pulling over and over for that 0.6% to be potentially better in the future then I guess you gotta do what you gotta do, but it seems like a massive waste of both time and energy to me. And then going 'the rates suck' when the actual 4* rate is higher than almost all other gacha games just doesn't seem right. They give you a good unit for launch, a better unit than probably 40% of the units in the 4* pool and 80% of the overall pool. Use her.

ReaperXL7

The thing I'll say is that this game is a little bit different then a lot of other Gacha games because of its battle system relying on player timing and a certain amount of personal skill. Having certain characters can help obviously but when I played the Japanese version prior to quitting in order to wait for the localization there wasn't really anything I wasn't able to complete with Klein, Nightgown Asuna and Lisbeth two of those are considered c tier, and Nightie Asuna isn't even on the tier list.

Even if you don't want to play right now because of the drop rate currently (which is understandable) id still recommend getting to the point where you can log in for memory crystals so that you have them for special events or rate increases.

Quonny

So, umm, how do people like the actual game?
Love it. It's a ton of fun and the lack of a stamina system is great. I don't feel like I have to play to maximize my stamina. I just play when I want for as much as I want. I get tired of it? I come back later and just play.

I think SAO (the series) is pretty bad but the game is a good time.

ReaperXL7

I enjoy it, it's a lot more engaging gameplay wise then many other Gachas, the multiplayer can be a lot of fun and the presentation is pretty high quality overall. It helps that I like SAO but I think I'd have fun with this even if I didn't.

She should just be in your gift box, she's a reward from the pre-registrations.

Ah right I saw it now, I didn't bother to look in my unit-list yet, thanks :)

I have to say aside from the battle-animation which feel a bit "Flash-tween" style, I'm really surprised about the production value of the game, especially the UI feels really slick and polished evoking the SAO feel pretty great.

Uthred

Is the server terrible for anyone else? Keep getting "Failed to verify rewards" while doing the event and got an authentication error there that kicked me back to the title (and lost me "mah sweet lootz")

But I'm still getting used to the gameplay... the tapping mechanic with touch controls just isn't as precise as I would like it to be.

Have to agree, the controls can certainly be annoyingly imprecise on tougher fights

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'll post more detailed impressions in a few days but so far, I am on the fence.

Presentation is topnotch. Animation is great. Speed of the game is perfect. But I'm still getting used to the gameplay... the tapping mechanic with touch controls just isn't as precise as I would like it to be. I would have much preferred a turn based system like just about every other gacha game. I'll still give it a chance to see where it goes.

I think SAO (the series) is pretty bad but the game is a good time.

YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH. S1 was great :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You don't have to. Again, I'm using just the free unit they give you at launch and I'm more than pulling my weight. Comparing her to other units on the tier list, she's probably a A-B. Look at the tier list again and there are many units higher than aren't even out yet, so if you're gunning for that 0.6% that's going to be outclassed you're gonna have a bad time

I mean, if you're set on pulling over and over for that 0.6% to be potentially better in the future then I guess you gotta do what you gotta do, but it seems like a massive waste of both time and energy to me. And then going 'the rates suck' when the actual 4* rate is higher than almost all other gacha games just doesn't seem right. They give you a good unit for launch, a better unit than probably 40% of the units in the 4* pool and 80% of the overall pool. Use her.

I'm not really set on ANY 4*, but Agil is regarded as trash.

I finished my last reroll I started earlier and pulled a 4* Strea. Seeing as she's not listed as poo, I may try that out.

Kettch

Anyone have advice on which stat to pick for the limit break? Is killing speed generally the most important, so go with attack?

Pejo

Korede owari da!

Congrats! I'm going to do a few more rerolls throughout the day, but I might take one of those Leafas off your hands if I don't get something good soon. I haven't even gotten a 4* yet.

I'm at the point that I just want a 4* so I can actually start playing the game.

Kettch

Hm, I tried moving the game over to my phone, but my wrist already hurts after one match, so I think I'm gonna leave it on Memu instead.

I'm playing around with key mapping now. Putting the skill buttons on keys already feels great. I'm gonna have to look for some tutorials to see what else you can do. If I can somehow get movement on the keyboard as well, that'd be wonderful.

EDIT: Oh shit, that's actually a lot easier than I thought. This is great.

Aru

Only played for about an hour but this game is more fun to me than Hollow Fragment.
That's that, at least.

ReaperXL7

So decided on taking a shot at a 11 pull after getting 250 crystals and I snagged a 4* Rain, Sinon, and Kirito. None of the top tier characters but between them and the other three 4*s I have I'll be set for at least an update or two.

Now I'm going to save up my crystals to prepare for Fire Sinon

show

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So decided on taking a shot at a 11 pull after getting 250 crystals and I snagged a 4* Rain, Sinon, and Kirito. None of the top tier characters but between them and the other three 4*s I have I'll be set for at least an update or two.

Now I'm going to save up my crystals to prepare for Fire Sinon

show

I never watched the GGO arc. ALO was cool and I got super invested in Kirito and Asuna. But for whatever reason, I never opted to check it out. I can only assume that's where these gun weapons originate from.

ReaperXL7

I never watched the GGO arc. ALO was cool and I got super invested in Kirito and Asuna. But for whatever reason, I never opted to check it out. I can only assume that's where these gun weapons originate from.

Yeah, Sinons main MMO was Gun Gal Online. As you would expect from the weapons it has a Sci fi setting as opposed to the classic medieval and fantasy settings of SAO and ALO.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, Sinons main MMO was Gun Gal Online. As you would expect from the weapons it has a Sci fi setting as opposed to the classic medieval and fantasy settings of SAO and ALO.

Nifty. I may still check out GGO at some point just because.

I am at 5-2 right now. Grinding a bit here and there because why not.

Also, my ID:

260 377 013 527

Kitoro

So, going by the JP release schedule, which are the next noteworthy units to release and save up for?

Also, have there been rate up events that increase the probability of pulling a 4* unit higher than 4%? Or are rate ups just higher chances of pulling featured units within that 4%?

ReaperXL7

So, going by the JP release schedule, which are the next noteworthy units to release and save up for?

Also, have there been rate up events that increase the probability of pulling a 4* unit higher than 4%? Or are rate ups just higher chances of pulling featured units within that 4%?

If they keep to the JP schedule it would ALO themed characters, then Halloween and Christmas. A lot of the Christmas batch is highly rated.

I'm not sure if they will stick with that or tweak it though since the actual holidays are a ways off.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ragout Rabbit urgent quest is fantastic for leveling. My party is all level 33 now.

I've noticed that gunners aren't that great for anything outside of switch hits. Parry -> switch to gunner -> skill if time allows -> switch to melee. They're WAY to vulnerable otherwise. Maybe they're more suited to support multiplayer parties?

E: Also, the lack of a stamina mechanic makes me more willing to give them money at a later date. I love that I can just play to my heart's content.

ReaperXL7

Ragout Rabbit urgent quest is fantastic for leveling. My party is all level 33 now.

I've noticed that gunners aren't that great for anything outside of switch hits. Parry -> switch to gunner -> skill if time allows -> switch to melee. They're WAY to vulnerable otherwise. Maybe they're more suited to support multiplayer parties?

E: Also, the lack of a stamina mechanic makes me more willing to give them money at a later date. I love that I can just play to my heart's content.

A lot of it is based on preferred play style. Ranged characters rely heavily on dodging and jumping since they can't block.

Sinon is the character I main the most since she she has the second highest attack after Kirito of the launch characters and unless they are resistant I kill stuff faster then they have time to hit me.

They are definitely easier to use when you have melee support though.

Pejo

Finally got my first 4* on a reroll......Agil :-/

Think I'm going to keep trying.

Anybody got any non-bottom tier 4* rerolls they're giving away?

Top Bottom