• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syfy to Make Krypton TV Series (...with David Goyer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally my first time hearing of this lol. This show has the potential to be a huge trainwreck, Gotham is a prequel to Batman but that has a bunch of source material characters and Bruce Wayne himself. But this is about Supes grandpa I can't see that being a big draw. Guess they maybe saw people praising the Krypton stuff lately on Supergirl.

Slayven

A show about a super advance alien society, cool you can do that without Superman hanging over your head.

Unless they going to involve the rest of DC's space shit I just don't see the point

Shit an Omega Man series would be cool as hell or L.E.G.I.O.N

Shauni

Literally my first time hearing of this lol. This show has the potential to be a huge trainwreck, Gotham is a prequel to Batman but that has a bunch of source material characters and Bruce Wayne himself. But this is about Supes grandpa I can't see that being a big draw. Guess they maybe saw people praising the Krypton stuff lately on Supergirl.

People also really seemed to enjoy the segments of Krypton in MOS, too. Even a lot of people who didn't like the movie seemed to like that, even though it moved way too fast, but that was just a universal flaw with MOS, I think.

atr0cious

Gotham exists, so fuck it, let's Lucas every comicbook character's origin. Can't wait to see a mini series about the dude who's fart particulates form the clouds that Shazam calls lightning from.

obin_gam

No! Bad SyFy! Come up with original work instead. Alternatively something based on epic science fiction space war series!

Penguin

And picked up by SyFy

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/superman-prequel-krypton-picked-up-892146

"Krypton is one of the most iconic stories in the comic book universe,” said Bill McGoldrick, exec vp scripted content at NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “In the talented hands of David S. Goyer and the DC Entertainment/Warner Horizon Television team, this exciting Syfy project will take viewers back to Superman’s home to show how the timeless legend began.”
The drama comes as comic book fare continues to dominate primetime. For its part, DC Comics also has Fox's Batman prequel Gotham as well as The CW series The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow — all of which are returning for the 2016-17 broadcast season.

But, to be fair, SyFy (and arguably the basic cable space as a whole) is all about known brands and Krypton, if they can make it at the right price, is as good an IP as any if they are looking for a potential new space opera show. That's if you're looking at it from a business point of view.

Syfy already has The Expanse going on now. And that's stretching the budget. They won't have enough money to do a proper Krypton :p cheap greenscreen show coming up!

Penguin

Description of core cast

SEG-EL | Envisioned here as athletic, quietly confident and in his 20s, comic fans are familiar with an older (and a bit grumpier) Seg from his appearance in the classic Starman No. 51, written by James Robinson with story by Robinson and David S. Goyer, who is executive producer/writer of Krypton. But Seg’s a good guy at any age; in the comics, he and son Jor-El (Kal-El/Superman’s father) helped Starman get away while other Kryptonians wanted to detain – and dissect – the Earthling.

LYTA ZOD | This twentysomething beauty will likely have some familial tie to Superman’s future foe, General Zod, while she herself is a (reluctant) warrior.

VAL-EL | Seg’s genius grandpa defied death by going into the Phantom Zone, and is a staunch believer in space exploration. (We know that’s a lesson he’ll pass along to his great-grandson.)

http://tvline.com/2016/06/21/krypton-cast-syfy-series-seg-el-season-1/

Penguin

And they found Lyta Zod!

http://deadline.com/2016/09/krypton...female-lead-syfy-superman-prequel-1201812873/

georgina-campbell-photo-credit-by-pip.jpg

Penguin

And here's Superman's grand-daddy

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/krypton-cast-cameron-cuffe-syfy-1201876410/

cameron-cuffe-krypton.jpg

British newcomer Cameron Cuffe has been cast in the starring role of Seg-El. Destined to be the ancestor of Jor-El, the future father of Superman, and Kal-El, the future Superman,, Seg-El is the scion of the once prosperous El family and is blessed with an intuitive brilliance for all things technical. He is now living in Krypton’s lowest caste after his family was stripped of its rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom