• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

Mr_eX

I just got this yesterday on PC. Bought the retail version from amazon and they sent me the EU version but the key still worked in origin. I'm running it maxed out(at least I think I am, they really don't give you many options). Like Dead Space the vsync in this game causes a stupid amount of input lag so I turned that off and I didn't see any screen tearing and my frame rate jumped to 120+.

I haven't played much yet but what's the deal with the bloom? Also the FOV doesn't seem great.

frontieruk

I just got this yesterday on PC. Bought the retail version from amazon and they sent me the EU version but the key still worked in origin. I'm running it maxed out(at least I think I am, they really don't give you many options). Like Dead Space the vsync in this game causes a stupid amount of input lag so I turned that off and I didn't see any screen tearing and my frame rate jumped to 120+.

I haven't played much yet but what's the deal with the bloom? Also the FOV doesn't seem great.

Tips for reducing bloom
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35548863&postcount=1203

FOV is a limit of the engine apparently according to questions to Starbreeze

Good news for PS3 players...

http://www.starbreezeforum.se/viewtopic.php?id=1442

Seems EA is working on a patch.

Started playing this yesterday. The art, presentation and polish is first class (I can even forgive the Transformers sfx), but everything else is a disappointment for me, particularly the story. I didn't know/care what the heroine was trying to accomplish, and when the time came for the 'moral choice', I almost pulled the trigger, lol.

frontieruk

Started playing this yesterday. The art, presentation and polish is first class (I can even forgive the Transformers sfx), but everything else is a disappointment for me, particularly the story. I didn't know/care what the heroine was trying to accomplish, and when the time came for the 'moral choice', I almost pulled the trigger, lol.

Wait wha? There was a story and a moral choice? I must of missed it in the bloom. But in all seriousness the sp campaign felt like it was tacked on late in development.

Just started this as filler while I slowly go insane waiting for Diablo3, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I get a nice Deus Ex:HR vibe from it (although so far its not nearly that good)

I'm about to try the bloom fix, but is there a fix for the mouse input lag/acceleration?

edit: the bloom fix posted above didn't work.
edit2: also yeah, more video options would be peachy on the PC version...

mudkyp

I platinumed the game recently, but I would still buy a co-op map pack. But I doubt Syndicate is going to get anything like that.

NHale

Does anyone know if there is still a big enough community (PS3) playing coop? I really liked the demo but if the community is nearly dead I will wait until the price drops even further.

scitek

Just picked this up for $18 on Amazon and I actually think the single player's pretty decent so far. The one thing I love is the presentation, aside from the stupid flares and bloom, I think the animations of the player and the heft of the guns combined with the sounds really makes for a solid experience. I'm getting some hellacious input lag, unfortunately, but still able to enjoy it. I also like how well it runs on pc. I get a rock solid 60fps when downsampling from 1440p. Could use a NoHUD command if anyone knows one, and if there's ever been a fix for the lack of lights when running, let me know. I'll have to try co-op soon. Hope I beat EA taking down the servers.

Sallokin

Picked this up as well from Amazon and have been playing a good portion of the day. Really enjoying the single player. Would definitely love to hook up for some coop if anyone wants to shoot me an add. My name is Sallokin

fin

Picked this up as well from Amazon and have been playing a good portion of the day. Really enjoying the single player. Would definitely love to hook up for some coop if anyone wants to shoot me an add. My name is Sallokin

I have it on 360, would love to get back into the coop.

GT = Finjitzu.

frontieruk

Has anyone figured out how to keep the post-processing from turning off while sprinting. Shit drives me crazy.

Not that im aware of, though you could checkout tweaks for the Riddick games to see if they did, as syndicate is built on the same engine.

Returners

started playing through it 2 days ago.

Campaign is fun but short and co-op is a blast if you have the right people.

But has anyone been hit with the problem of not enough Application Tokens?

I finished all maps on expert and technically I should have enough tokens for all of the Application upgrades. But, I'm 3 short of the final upgrade.

All my stars are filled in my agent profile, did anyone encounter this? Is there a temp fix for it?

This may be a long shot, but is anyone up for playing through the co-op campaign on PC? I just finished the single player after buying it during the Amazon sale, and I want to know if anyone is down before I uninstall it from my (tiny) 120GB SSD.

frontieruk

This may be a long shot, but is anyone up for playing through the co-op campaign on PC? I just finished the single player after buying it during the Amazon sale, and I want to know if anyone is down before I uninstall it from my (tiny) 120GB SSD.

I'm sure if we can find an agreeable time I'll play through on PC, it's not really a campaign though more a co-op experience, each level is unrelated so if you layed in the wrong order you'd not notice any difference bar the enemies getting easier rather than harder.

Deadbeat

Banned
So Ive been playing this game for a bit and the COOP has won me over completely. Its the best thing Ive played this year so far. The gameplay of the coop levels is great. It has a lot of variety. Graphics are really well done and clean. The animations when moving through the environment really add to the atmosphere.

Stuff you pass by so quickly has a lot of detail.
hjXOY.jpg

The agents are pouring in right now. They heal one another so you have to focus on one to make sure he cant recover in time.
PNGOt.jpg

Lighting is beautiful.
AWznc.jpg

I feel its really disappointing this game was written off by everyone because of the singleplayer (which is worthless btw). The coop should have been a huge focus of any marketing besides a demo that obviously did fuck all considering the sales were abysmal.

The game is 15 dollars right now on Amazon DD and everyone should buy it. You are missing out on something great that could die out sometime soon.

DukeBobby

I don't get all the hate for the single player campaign. I thought it was fairly good but just not up to the usual standards set by Starbreeze (The Darkness and Escape from Butcher Bay were godly).

frontieruk

No interest in signing up for one. I don't have to for other games. Why is EA an exception?

so you've not got a steam account to play steamworks games or a MSN passport to play live enabled games? Doesn't Ubi have some shitty account system also? No gamespy account? Com'on as a PC gamer you've got accounts all over.

I don't get all the hate for the single player campaign. I thought it was fairly good but just not up to the usual standards set by Starbreeze (The Darkness and Escape from Butcher Bay were godly).
Story-wise it was a missed opportunity, but in terms of gameplay I thought the SP campaign was fantastic.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

It had none of the heart and soul those games had that could make you look past thier flaws. Also, I'm pretty sure just about everyone who made those games has left the company prior to Syndicate.

AlfaTrion

Glitch in Milestone 10?

I'm supposed to
destroy these locks
with the
swarm rocket launcher
but the
guy I killed for it seems to have eaten it before I could pick it up
:S

When I restart from check point, it's already gone. Do I have to start the main campaign all over again?

Playing Xbox 360 version.
I don't want to start over :( I don't have time for games as it is.

AlfaTrion

Glitch in Milestone 10?

I'm supposed to
destroy these locks
with the
swarm rocket launcher
but the
guy I killed for it seems to have eaten it before I could pick it up
:S

When I restart from check point, it's already gone. Do I have to start the main campaign all over again?

Playing Xbox 360 version.
I don't want to start over :( I don't have time for games as it is.

ok luckily i had a backed up save game on my usb stick! I only had to re-do the previous milestone.

I am backing up my save after every goddamn milestone from now on.

frontieruk

Is the GAF syndicate on 360 still a thing? I need one to join.

I never closed it, haven't been able to play for a while so couldn't tell you if others are still playing.

Amazon.com just put up a digital download 2 pack for $20. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0083W043U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So $10 a copy or you can pay $15 for a single copy.

Was there ever any fixes to FOV? Bloom looks like it has a fix, does that work well? Are people still of the opinion that it's worth it for $10 if you have a friend to play with?

the bloom 'fix' never seemed to make much difference on my system but ymmv. The co-op is the better side of the game.

Ricker

Another Starbreeze game too hard for it's own good...and maybe they could of added even more bloom on the 360 to blind us to no end...I'm on the 8th level(or whatever they call it) and there is one room where they lock you in as soon as you go through a door with one annoying armor guy and regular guys all over the place,almost no cover to be found,only my Backfire is at 100% so I get killed pretty fast in there...I would have to restart the level now that I know what's up ahead???...yeah right...oh well,wanted to try co-op but this Sp part pisses me off so I am done with this awful reboot.

SJRB

Gold Member
I was one of the, what.. 200,000 people who bought this game at full price.

Multiplayer did pretty much everything wrong:

- no customizable gear
- no customizable characters
- no unlockables to keep the interest and to play for
- only one game mode
- gameplay is very newbie-unfriendly
- overall gameplay is very team oriented [obviously], but without a squad of friends you are at the mercy of the skills of your random teammates more so than in any other game

There is a false sense of a realtime overarching element with the companies and the shares. I expected something like MAG - you join one of either three companies, do the missions to sabotage other companies or steal their equipment and thus improve your company's stats and worldwide domination. Special score bonusses and perks for the top company keep people competing to gain the upper hand.

You know, a realtime dynamic that keeps things interesting. But instead we get nothing. There is no reason to care for anything that's happening. No special unlocks other than the very basic sight, ammo, receiver etc. It also doesn't help that the game gets insanely difficult after the fourth or so mission. Especially when playing with random people it turns into a frustrating ordeal extremely quickly. The difficulty spike also often resulted in endless rotation of just the first two missions.

I had high hopes because I think the futuristic art direction is top notch, but unfortunately Starbreeze missed the ball. The game had a great potential with the company industrial espionage shadow war thing going on, but the execution is flawed on every front.

- no customizable gear
- no unlockables to keep the interest and to play for.
It had both of those things.

With more time, a bigger budget, and better writing, this game could have been one of the all time greats if you ask me. The gunplay, vaulting, and breach mechanic make combat better than just about any other FPS I can think of. I still loved it despite the flaws.

All my friends picked this game up when it was 9.99 at the Microsoft Store.

We broke into it last night. Holy crap. Me and a buddy pulled an impromptu all-nighter because it was that much fun. We cleared Scandinavia on Hard with just two people, and it was stupid tough. But we made it, and the feeling of elation was just awesome.

I went to Level 22 in one night. Great stuff!

frontieruk

All my friends picked this game up when it was 9.99 at the Microsoft Store.

We broke into it last night. Holy crap. Me and a buddy pulled an impromptu all-nighter because it was that much fun. We cleared Scandinavia on Hard with just two people, and it was stupid tough. But we made it, and the feeling of elation was just awesome.

I went to Level 22 in one night. Great stuff!

It's a good game, it was probably over priced and sent to die by requiring Origin

Top Bottom