• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell introducing the double chalupa

depths20XX

I'll try the spicy version. Their chalupa shells always seem hit or miss though, sometimes they taste stale and over fried.

Get these out of the way...
You forgot one:

women6.gif

Robot Pants

Regular Chalupas are pretty gross and that's hard for me to say of any Taco Bell menu item. But that thing just looks hard to eat and not being very tasty on top of it gives this one a hard PASS for me.

I can't believe I'm saying this cause usually anything they come up with I'm at least somewhat interested to try

They axed my favorite chalupas a while ago. They had like a chicken chalupa with bacon and a ranch/baja sauce that was kickin'.

As long as the Cheesy Gordita Crunch still exists, I will be happy.

jwk94

It's basically the XXL Chalupa without two of the ingredients, not sure which. I'm very glad to have this back on the menu.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I got paid ten bucks for a terrible market copy gig with a disagreeable client and a morally ambiguous product. I'm not feeling great about my life choices, so I'll double-down on a couple of spicy double beef chalupas and complete the mission into madness.

DopeToast

Banned
It's taken me years to hone my Taco Bell order down to what it currently is: crunchwrap, beefy 5-layer burrito, and a cheese roll up. I'm just not interested in the new stuff at all.

Ashhong

Wasn't a big fan of this the first time. I hope they still have the 5$ cravings deal, now THAT was a deal.

Cheesy Gordita Crunch
Nachos
Burrito Supreme
Taco
Drink

Too good

malfcn

I might roll through a drive thru tonight to check. If they advertised it on their Facebook or assume it's out.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I can formally confirm its presence in Illinois.

9OBe8uv.jpg

EDIT: I've consumed the meal. $5 for this, two tacos, and a small (read: sizable) drink is a fair exchange even for a struggling NeoGAF neophyte such as yours truly. The chalupa is, in a word, large. The jalapenos are a great touch. With this much "meat" portion, it can get a little dry, so I might recommend ordering extra sauce.

You cannot fold this behemoth, so do not try.

malfcn

9OBe8uv.jpg

EDIT: I've consumed the meal. $5 for this, two tacos, and a small (read: sizable) drink is a fair exchange even for a struggling NeoGAF neophyte such as yours truly. The chalupa is, in a word, large. The jalapenos are a great touch. With this much "meat" portion, it can get a little dry, so I might recommend ordering extra sauce.

How crafted was this picture?
Thanks for the update, getting down with the sickness tonight.

Ashhong

9OBe8uv.jpg

Who carries 50 cents in their pocket in 2017?

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Awesome, so it will make an even bigger mess when you try to eat it.

Does anyone know how to get that Taco Bell smell off your hands after the food inevitably breaks and sauce gets everywhere?

Bry0

I had one today. It's pretty good, and the 5 dollar box is a pretty nice deal. Its basically a big cheesy chalupa. Try to eat this bad boy horizontally, otherwise expect spillage.

The spicy option looks ok until i see the jalapeños in it. Taco Bell's jalapeños are terrible. They're pickled so bad. It just tastes sour as fuck and ruins everything it's in. They need a new pickled jalapeños supplier.

But they throw in a gross burrito supreme in most $5 boxes. Ive never bothered to ask if it's possible to just subsitute it for a regular soft taco.

Hint: Take the chips and the cheese and put them in the Burrito, or put the crunchy taco in there. Makes it way better and worth eating

jayhawker

9OBe8uv.jpg

Wow, I had one of these for lunch at a taco bell like 30 minutes from there. We should have a taco bell date.

9OBe8uv.jpg

Dreams do come true.

Apt101

9OBe8uv.jpg

Damn that looks good.

Top Bottom