• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TACTICS OGRE (PSP) - Now confirmed for US release! LET US CREAM TOGETHER

Status
Not open for further replies.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. YAZMAT IS BACK. SUCK IT HATERS.

Fuck I just remember my PSP is bricked. No matter, I will buy 5 more if I have to.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

2f03jg9.gif
2f03jg9.gif
2f03jg9.gif

2f03jg9.gif
2f03jg9.gif
2f03jg9.gif

Take me Matsuno, I am yours...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Bebpo said:
Has to be a remake like FFT.

Until it's confirmed I do not believe Matsuno is involved in the game. I think he's just getting credit because if it's a remake then he did the original design. After FFXII fiasco it's hard to imagine SE working with Matsuno again.

This is what I'm thinking now too.

7Th

Bebpo said:

Until it's confirmed I do not believe Matsuno is involved in the game. I think he's just getting credit because if it's a remake then he did the original design. After FFXII fiasco it's hard to imagine SE working with Matsuno again.

They wouldn't give the cover story to a WoL-style "remake", though.

Bebpo said:

cosmicblizzard said:
Matsuno? Something's fishy here.

No, be quiet.

You are not ruining my fanboy dreams.

Besides, why would they give it a new subtitle if it was a remake? The other TOs already had subtitles.

Plus they reduced him to game design(and I'm assuming story as well) as opposed to directing the entire thing.

WanderingWind

Fimbulvetr said:
No, be quiet.

You are not ruining my fanboy dreams.

Besides, why would they give it a new subtitle if it was a remake? The other TOs already had subtitles.

War of the Lions.

john tv said:
Was hoping they'd call it Fat Bottomed Girls

:lol

Bebpo said:
After FFXII fiasco it's hard to imagine SE working with Matsuno again.

I can actually kind of imagine them being willing to bring him back on board as a freelancer (not an employee) who does game design (not directing or producing) in order to get his name and expertise without risking as much on his potential to underperform -- and, er, that's exactly what he's credited for here! :D

MechaX

Never played a Tactics Ogre game before (but I've at least played FFTactics).

Am I missing out on something here?

Bebpo said:

FFT port was directed by a no-name though, not a member of the original staff like Hiroshi Minagawa.

And SE don't typically credit staff for remakes like that either. Guys that were involved in the original game but not in the remake get listed separately.

B.K.

duckroll said:
It's almost 100% a remake, but they make it a huge point to say its a remake by the original staff.

At least Square Enix is finally doing something with Quest's people.

WanderingWind

MechaX said:

Tactics Ogre was Final Fantasy Tactics without chocobos. Both made by Matsuno.

Bebpo

Banned
MechaX said:

You're missing out on the best srpg ever made that gave birth to the modern srpg.

Also one of (if not the) best storylines in a videogame, period.

WanderingWind

Onion_Relish said:
I never played tactics orgre, but im glad you all seem to enjoy it! :lol

You ought to remedy that, ASAP. As an obvious JRPG fan, you'll enjoy every minute of it - if you happen to like SRPGs at all.

MechaX

ethelred said:
You're missing out on the best strategy RPG ever made.

Hm.. You're talking about Let Us Cling Together and not the GBA game, right? (I've had the GBA game for years and yet I've never even played it yet). Moreover, is there a big difference between the SNES Version (which seemingly has a fan-translation out) or the PSX version which I'm assuming is the same game?

EDIT:

Bebpo said:
You're missing out on the best srpg ever made that gave birth to the modern srpg.

Also one of (if not the) best storylines in a videogame, period.

Interesting... And here I thought Shining Force was the thing that really pushed SRPGs (funny enough, I haven't even played Shining Force 1/2 yet even though it looked pretty fun when my friend was going through it). And a damn good storyline..?

... I'm intrigued.

May as well get it out of the way:

Tactics Ogre: Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy
Tactics Ogre: Body Language
Tactics Ogre: Don't Try Suicide
Tactics Ogre: My Baby Does Me
Tactics Ogre: Cool Cat

Aeana

MechaX said:
Hm.. You're talking about Let Us Cling Together and not the GBA game, right? (I've had the GBA game for years and yet I've never even played it yet). Moreover, is there a big difference between the SNES Version (which seemingly has a fan-translation out) or the PSX version which I'm assuming is the same game?
The SNES version is superior to the PSX version in every way.

MechaX said:
Hm.. You're talking about Let Us Cling Together and not the GBA game, right?

The GBA game is mostly butt.

Moreover, is there a big difference between the SNES Version (which seemingly has a fan-translation out) or the PSX version which I'm assuming is the same game?

The PSX version is just the SNES version ported and with eye-gouging load times added. The fan-translation uses the same script.

WanderingWind said:
You ought to remedy that, ASAP. As an obvious JRPG fan, you'll enjoy every minute of it - if you happen to like SRPGs at all.

Guess i'll just have to wait for the remake then :D
I do like srpgs quite a bit, very excited for valkyria chronicles 2. If TO is any good i'll dip back into jeanne d'arc. The arbitrary rules of War of the lions dont appeal to me =/

So glad I got a psp ^_^, now all I need is BOF 3 on the NA PSN and im a happy camper - EDIT and .hack//link. The manga is out in NA now, and i want it all over my face
<=== .hack addict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom