• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TACTICS OGRE (PSP) - Now confirmed for US release! LET US CREAM TOGETHER

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

For the record, according to the Famitsu table of contents, from the first page of the TO scoop to the next article... is 11 pages. Even if you count possible ads in there, that's definitely a HUGE article.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Onion_Relish said:
Guess i'll just have to wait for the remake then :D
I do like srpgs quite a bit, very excited for valkyria chronicles 2. If TO is any good i'll dip back into jeanne d'arc. The arbitrary rules of War of the lions dont appeal to me =/

So glad I got a psp ^_^, now all I need is BOF 3 on the NA PSN and im a happy camper - EDIT and .hack//link. The manga is out in NA now, and i want it all over my face
<=== .hack addict

FFT had no arbitrary rules. You're thinking of the shitty FFT:Advance series for the Game Boy advance/DS.

I'm amazed you like SRPGs and haven't played FFT or Tactics Ogre. That's a bit like liking JRPGs but never playing any Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

duckroll said:
For the record, according to the Famitsu table of contents, from the first page of the TO scoop to the next article... is 11 pages. Even if you count possible ads in there, that's definitely a HUGE article.

What does it say? Is it a remake?

farnham

Banned
Matsuno Yasumi working on the game seals the deal for me. OMG im excited!

WanderingWind said:
FFT had no arbitrary rules. You're thinking of the shitty FFT:Advance series for the Game Boy advance/DS.

I'm amazed you like SRPGs and haven't played FFT or Tactics Ogre. That's a bit like liking JRPGs but never playing any Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.
1. FFTA series is not shitty imo
2. FFT and Ogre are not in the same position as FF, DQ in the subgenre SRPG. Fire Emblem and Shining Force are.

duckroll

farnham said:
Matsuno Yasumi working on the game seals the deal for me. OMG im excited!

1. FFTA series is not shitty imo
2. FFT and Ogre are not in the same position as FF, DQ in the subgenre SRPG. Fire Emblem and Shining Force are.

Fire Emblem yes, but Shining Force has not retained its position among SRPGs fans. The last actual Shining Force SRPG was Feather on the DS, and it didn't get any attention at all. FFT has definitely surpassed Shining Force in terms of retaining a stake in the SRPG genre. Front Mission has also fallen off the radar.

farnham

Banned
saw a scan of a weird pic with a lot of characters forming a wheel
the kanji says revitalization which points towards a remake

I haven't played tactics ogre for a very long time, last time i remember playing it was in highschool. But for some reason i remember it to be one of the best srpgs i've ever played.

i think it's the super nintendo nostalgia juice running.

WanderingWind said:

Keep in mind, i'm 24, so in the heyday of JRPGS I was relatively young. I didnt get the internet until I was in grade 11 (16ish) and back in those days I mostly played FPS and RTS on computer and whatever final fantasy happened to be out. I only started learning about games like disgaea and FFT once I branched out a bit onto internet forums, but that was still about hit or miss.

That being said, I have indulged in quite a few games that I would consider classic in several different genres so it doesnt bother me too much to have missed games.

Edit: Used to be pretty poor as well, Single mother raising 3 boys. Had to buy games that everyone would like (Super Marios, Street Fighters, F-ZERO etc)

Bebpo

Banned
Technosteve said:
I haven't played tactics ogre for a very long time, last time i remember playing it was in highschool. But for some reason i remember it to be one of the best srpgs i've ever played.

i think it's the super nintendo nostalgia juice running.

nah, the game is just that good.

Still holds up really well today, which is why a remake instead of a new game is kind of hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

farnham said:
saw a scan of a weird pic with a lot of characters forming a wheel
the kanji says revitalization which points towards a remake

final-fantasy-tactics-21.jpg

?

Aeana

Underneath Kachua's name, it says Carissa Powell in English. Makes it pretty obvious it's being localized into English as well.

Bebpo

Banned
All this talent gathered again
Cover story in famitsu
HUGE SCOOP

and it's...a port of the SNES game with some new side story scenarios and gameplay systems added/rehauled as a bonus.

a bit disappointing, but better than nothing. New scenarios by Matsuno are always nice.

Would have liked an entirely new TO with this staff instead :X

Guess Xenogears remake/port with Takahashi is next.

MOTHER OF GOD

I'm hoping that (if this goes well) Matsuno might be able to return to the Ivalice franchise as well, albeit only doing game design and glorious scenario writing. Also, so fucking bought.

badcrumble said:
MOTHER OF GOD

I'm hoping that (if this goes well) Matsuno might be able to return to the Ivalice franchise as well, albeit only doing game design and glorious scenario writing. Also, so fucking bought.

One step at a time...One step at a time.
I want this too. I want this so bad I can feel my balls quivering with anticipation.

Aeana

Bebpo said:
Cover story in famitsu
HUGE SCOOP

and it's...a port of the SNES game with some new side story scenarios and gameplay systems added/rehauled as a bonus.

a bit disappointing, but better than nothing. New scenarios by Matsuno are always nice.

There is a very clear graphical upgrade here. You can tell especially on the Amorika castle gate map they show.

Bebpo said:
Cover story in famitsu
HUGE SCOOP

Oh... so it looks the same as the old versions? That's... that's something alright.

Bebpo

Banned
Aeana said:
There is a very clear graphical upgrade here. You can tell especially on the Amorika castle gate map they show.

It looks like FFT, which looked slightly better than TO. Need clearer scans, but from what's available, visually the game looks the same overall.

Grimmy

Banned
Bebpo said:
It looks like FFT, which looked slightly better than TO. Need clearer scans, but from what's available, visually the game looks the same overall.

Actually the viewable map is much, much bigger now and more zoomed out.

MechaX

Alrighty, so it's a remake. So... should I just wait this to get released or just start working on the translated SNES version?

... Eh, screw that. I'm in the mood to play this now to see what the fuss is all about. If this remake is released, I'll just play it a second time.

duckroll

The article specifically says that Matsuno is personally revising the script and making all the additions and changes to the original script. There will be a lot more text in the remake script, and there will be new side stories and characters to flesh out the world and feelings of the characters in the original game. So yeah, this isn't a case of them just using his name.

duckroll said:
The article specifically says that Matsuno is personally revising the script and making all the additions and changes to the original script. There will be a lot more text in the remake script, and there will be new side stories and characters to flesh out the world and feelings of the characters in the original game. So yeah, this isn't a case of them just using his name.
very nice

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I love the character art style of the original. I hope we'll get nice big pictures of them this time. The ones I have of TO are tiny, and I have like two characters only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom