• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two CEO Says They're Coming to E3 in a Big Way

Which potential Take-Two E3 unveiling are you most excited about?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

border

You don't have to like the Days Gone demo, but you should at least recognize that there a ton of people that eat that stuff up. Everybody in my theater really enjoyed it, and it's not really that far from the almost entirely scripted Uncharted setpiece that was deemed good enough to be a show closer before. It's quite possible that Sony just saw it as an acceptable way to end, and thought that the zombie horde numbers were impressive enough to wow some people.

Cromwell

Banned
Well we gotta question if both parties wanted it pulled, or was it 2k, or was it sony? I can see with sony making an open air acknowledgment of the situation and then playing the described rdr trailer in the end giving very bad PR. Or if Sony didn't want it pulled, are they willing to damage their relationship with one of the biggest money makers in the industry for a game that will sell 10s of millions anyway?

They realized pulling it won't affect sales. Everyone who's even watching E3 will be there for the remaster and the sequel on Day 1 regardless. Not worth the risk if it's a scene even somewhat reminiscent of a club shooting.

Well we gotta question if both parties wanted it pulled, or was it 2k, or was it sony? I can see with sony making an open air acknowledgment of the shooting and then playing the described rdr trailer in the end giving very bad PR. Or if Sony didn't want it pulled, are they willing to damage their relationship with one of the biggest money makers in the industry for a game that will sell 10s of millions anyway?

I think all parties would likely agree to it if it really was pulled. Rockstar is known for controversy, but there are certain times that they know to pull back. An example of that is that they pulled and edited some stuff from GTA3 due to 9/11.

Toparaman

Banned
I think the awkward ending of Sony's E3 conference indicates that something else was planned. And heck, maybe that something was pulled because of the Orlando shootings. But if it was, I really doubt it was Red Dead. And if it was Red Dead, I really doubt it was pulled because of the Orlando shootings.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
You don't have to like the Days Gone demo, but you should at least recognize that there a ton of people that eat that stuff up. Everybody in my theater really enjoyed it, and it's not really that far from the almost entirely scripted Uncharted setpiece that was deemed good enough to be a show closer before. It's quite possible that Sony just saw it as an acceptable way to end, and thought that the zombie horde numbers were impressive enough to wow some people.

Well why wouldn't the trailer and demo be paired together? Like finish with the demo, however good they thought it was, and then the trailer after. They reveal this new AAA bend at the beginning of the show, but then the show the actual gameplay at the very end. Doesn't make sense.

They realized pulling it won't affect sales. Everyone who's even watching E3 will be there for the remaster and the sequel on Day 1 regardless. Not worth the risk if it's a scene even somewhat reminiscent of a club shooting.
I think all parties would likely agree to it if it really was pulled. Rockstar is known for controversy, but there are certain times that they know to pull back. An example of that is that they pulled and edited some stuff from GTA3 due to 9/11.

I agree. This really is pretty fascinating politics if true. I don't think anyone is angry with Sony/2k if true, but it's interesting to discuss.

border

Well why wouldn't the trailer and demo be paired together? Like finish with the demo, however good they thought it was, and then the trailer after. They reveal this new AAA bend at the beginning of the show, but then the show the actual gameplay at the very end. Doesn't make sense.

These E3 presentations are never perfectly paced or organized.....not sure why you would expect this one to be perfect. You could put the gameplay demo at the end largely because it looks impressive and precisely because plays against expectation. The story trailer doesn't even give you a clue what genre they're going for and you have the assumption that it will be months before you ever see or hear about it again because it's probably really early. And then bam at the end -- a full demo precisely showcase they type of game Bend is making.

Also it is red dead.

All Sony could have said was the name without a trailer and everyone would have gone crazy.

I am not buying this bullshit rumour.

F4r0_Atak

What if...

They were to re-reveal Agent at E3 during Sony' press conference. Maybe they had a shootout in a club in that trailer. Maybe a reason why they have skipped the reveal of the trailer. :/

That... the new RDR also had something similar.

Also...

does Take-Two have a press conference tomorrow?

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Also it is red dead.

All Sony could have said was the name without a trailer and everyone would have gone crazy.

I am not buying this bullshit rumour.

This is also a valid point. I guess it depends on how much time they had to make something like this happen in a way that doesn't look inefficient.

MattyG

Banned
What if...

They were to re-reveal Agent at E3 during Sony' press conference. Maybe they had a shootout in a club in that trailer. Maybe a reason why they have skipped the reveal of the trailer. :/

That... the new RDR also had something similar.
You're reaching.

I don't know, there were plenty of things Sony didn't show (FF7R, Shenmue 3, etc.) that are already known to be on the table. I would guess most of the things they left out aren't in a state to show gameplay footage, which seems to have been their priority for the show. Days Gone got the primetime spot because they were ready to show live gameplay.

I mean, how many people even showed up with just cinematic trailers? Basically just Kojima? I'm thinking most of the "trailer only" games got cut for time since their conference was already stuffed.

Nah I just mean switching the time slots. Put the Kojima reveal at the end, and put the Bend demo on either side of the game's trailer.

You do make a good point. Kojima's game would have been a great conference-ending moment, but I'm guessing the Sony execs who saw the trailer must have decided against ending their conference on such a weird note. Maybe they wanted something a bit more straightforward to hype rather than whatever artsy thematic tableau Kojima made? Who knows, really?

But why? The big stage is gone.

I mean they could, but why not make use of a big conference if they want to reveal it now?

Do you have any inside Information on this?

Rockstar Games have sort of reached the point where they don't need the big trade shows for exposure. They could announce RDR2 whenever they wanted and they'd still get a massive amount of attention. If anything, announcing it at E3 merely takes attention away from them because they have to share the limelight. Announcing RDR2 on a random day guarantees them the entire audience of gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom