• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two CEO Says They're Coming to E3 in a Big Way

Which potential Take-Two E3 unveiling are you most excited about?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its possible but I mean what purpose does that serve? We are all gonna buy the game anyways but it would be cool to see it given a proper reveal. I even had my friends hyped up due to the certainty the leakers had...never again

I was joking, but knowing how weird Rockstar is I wouldn't put it beyond the realm of possibility.

And yeah. I too was immensely displeased. Just about every leak happened except the one I was actually hyped for.

Some Nobody

Big rumor, and it's just a rumor, is that Sony and Rockstar decided not to announce Red Dead because of the Orlando shooting. That'd make sense because Rockstar have been under the media scrutiny before and they likely don't want it now over this and it would explain the abrupt ending to Sony's show.

It probably explains why it was fully expected at the show and why it'll now be announced formally by Rockstar themselves on their channels.

Did the digital issue of Game Informer hit? It was supposed to go online tonight because it had some surprise titles from E3 in it. I'm just wondering if they were some of the press that have seen the game and had a article in the new issue about Red Dead because it would of been expected to close Sony's show...

Pfft, no. Half the games at every conference was Shooty McMurder: Bullets In Yo Face, and Rockstar is the company that has to pull back? On a title that would be set in the early 1900's anyway?

C'mon. And if it were a Game Informer thing, it'd be the cover. You don't pass on RD for Infinite Warfare.

That kinda makes sense. And didn't Geoff say that new titles will be announced on his youtube channel?

Yeah like Rockstar are going to use his YouTube channel.

Maybe Rockstar told take two that they'd announce it when they ready and won't bother with E3. Which they done for the past 15 years.

Simo

Uhh... what?. There's a half dozen games where people were killing each other at the show. Seriously doubt that's the reason it wasn't shown.

Supposedly the announcement trailer featured an outlaw shooting up a saloon. Again, all rumors unsubstantiated but it would make sense if true.

CCIE

Banned
Makes sense because Sony specifically mentioned the shooting at the beginning of their conference. We'll see it at the next show I'm sure

Big rumor, and it's just a rumor, is that Sony and Rockstar decided not to announce Red Dead because of the Orlando shooting. That'd make sense because Rockstar have been under the media scrutiny before and they likely don't want it now over this and it would explain the abrupt ending to Sony's show.

It probably explains why it was fully expected at the show and why it'll now be announced formally by Rockstar themselves on their channels.

Did the digital issue of Game Informer hit? It was supposed to go online tonight because it had some surprise titles from E3 in it. I'm just wondering if they were some of the press that have seen the game and had a article in the new issue about Red Dead because it would of been expected to close Sony's show...

Nah, I'm not buying that. Not with all of the other violent content shown today.

The Argus

Don't buy this at all. Delaying a GTA announcement maybe, but a cowboy game? There were tons of other violent titles shown at all the conferences.

Also why would Sony end with a third party announcement? The "one more thing" is usually an exclusive.

Uhh... what?. There's a half dozen games where people were killing each other at the show. Seriously doubt that's the reason it wasn't shown.

It could be specifically the context of someone walking into something like a club (saloon) and murdering a bunch of people in cold blood

Everything else we got today at Sony's show was quite different.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Supposedly the announcement trailer featured an outlaw shooting up a saloon. Again, all rumors unsubstantiated but it would make sense if true.
I'm not buying it. The more I hear, the more it sounds like bullshit. To be clear, I'm not attacking you for sharing what you've heard, I just don't believe it.

Knowing Rockstar's history and company culture, them being the only company at E3 to be that sensitive to a current events issue and pulling a game over it seems...unlikely, to say the least. And I highly doubt Sony would have pushed them out, seeing as A) it's fucking Rockstar and you don't piss off Rockstar and B) they had all kinds of shooters and violent games throughout that show.

Gleethor

If the (alleged) trailer opened with someone shooting up a saloon, then yeah I get it. The context of the violence hits a little closer to home than what we saw from other violent games at the show. I can buy that they would've pulled it.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

So Sony blocked a cowboy game from their conference due to a mass shooting... but left Call of Duty alone?

RDR2 being a WiiU exclusive is more likely than that.

Kas

Don't buy this at all. Delaying a GTA announcement maybe, but a cowboy game? There were tons of other violent titles shown at all the conferences.

Also why would Sony end with a third party announcement? The "one more thing" is usually an exclusive.
2013s was FF15 and KH3, both nonexclusives.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So Sony blocked a cowboy game from their conference due to a mass shooting... but left Call of Duty alone?

Well Call of Duty was in Spaaaaaceeee.

Agreed. I highly doubt the protagonist will be using automatic weapons so it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as CoD.

Simo

I'm not buying it. The more I hear, the more it sounds like bullshif. To be clear, I'm not attacking you for sharing what you've heard was a possibility, just saying I don't believe it at all.

Oh no worries. lol I'm just sharing what I'm reading elsewhere.

Again if the footage they had did show a saloon being shot up then yeah I could understand Sony pulling them aside and being like "yeeeeah...I don't know about this..." and pulling the trailer, regardless if it's Rockstar because the potential PR backlash might not be worth it. "Tone deaf Sony and GTA makers with their violence on civilians"

Regardless, I really do hope Rockstar announces it this week.

One person shooting up a bar versus an over the top science fiction/fantasy world is certainly not the same thing in the slightest.

You don't pull Rockstar from a conference

And if you are Rockstar you don't pull your own game from a conference regardless of how much controversy it may cause

I find it incredibly difficult to believe a Red Dead announcement was pulled due to anything like that

I'd be surprised. Rockstar has deliberately manufactured controversy in order to get their games more attention.

Rockstar isn't afraid to cross the line, but to do it less than 48 hours after the tragedy? I don't think so, especially if the rumor about the reveal showing a saloon being shot up is true.

Plus, this is at Sony's conference. They get attached to whatever Rockstar would have shown and Sony is not Rockstar when it comes to controversy.

daftstar

Yeah there's definitely something fishy about this. Sony's conference was unusually shorter than expected, combined with what insiders are saying and the thread title itself, it does seem like they pulled it from the conference.

Now the question is when they'll reveal it themselves and whether it'll still be during E3..

Not to mention these deals cost serious money. Things aren't just shown in E3 Conferences just because. They are huge major marketing deals.

If Sony tried to just pull out of a Rockstar announcement they likely aren't contractually able to. Unless maybe RDR2 will be a focus at the inevitable Neo show?

NateDrake

I've seen it bounced around Twitter, GTAForums and reddit but I think this is the source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadred...dead_was_originally_going_to_be_shown_at_the/

Anybody know where this 5 hour delay thing came from? Some have said GAF?

Sony did upload the gameplay walkthrough onto their Youtube channel as the Days Gone trailer was shown during the opening half of the presser. They removed the gameplay walkthrough about 30mins later. Timing was odd for the walkthrough to be up on Youtube since Sony never showed the footage yet.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Makes sense since they showed Days Gone twice which was weird.

Sony did upload the gameplay walkthrough onto their Youtube channel as the Days Gone trailer was shown during the opening half of the presser. They removed the gameplay walkthrough about 30mins later.

Huh. Okay. This theory is starting to hold more water than I thought.

Sony did upload the gameplay walkthrough onto their Youtube channel as the Days trailer was shown during the opening half of the presser. They removed the gameplay walkthrough about 30mins later.

Yup. No other demo at the Sony Conference featured a game being announced, only to be brought back so that the gameplay demo could be shown way later in the show. In fact, they kept the game in its original place in the lineup. I don't think that has ever happened in the history of a games' press conference.

weevles

Rockstar doesn't even have a presence at E3 this year, do they? Doesn't sound like they have anything to announce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom