• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of the Abyss 3DS Confirmed for NA by Nintendo Power

Sagitario

Indeed. My favorite Fujishima designs by far...

Tear <3
fBvTQ.gif

"Nintendo Power revealed in their latest issue that the port will arrive in the states sometime this fall."

http://nintendoeverything.com/64088/

And that Rich guy is teasing again... "Hi Tales fans! Stay tuned next week for a really cool read. Can't say much but Tales fans will be really excited."

http://twitter.com/#!/Filthierich/status/63014320535109632

Though I wasn't a big fan of the little I played on the PS2, this is still Day 1 for me.

I made a promise to Namco that if they start releasing Tales games in North America, I would actually start to like them. So... here I am. I officially like Namco. Yay!

PKrockin

Just found the scans online (it was an accident, I swear), and yeah, it lists Fall 2011 as the release date on the tiny information block at the bottom.

Man, the game got like 8 pages of coverage too, hopefully that will really help sales.

B.K.

I wonder if they'll leave the song in the opening movie alone this time or if they're still use just the instrumental version of it.

PKrockin

Aeana said:
Oh no he didn't
*takes off her earrings*
We can go right now-!

The voiced version isn't bad for Jpop but I very much prefer some electric guitar as Luke jumps from the sky and cuts a huge monster in half.

Jeels

Fall 2011 is way too long from now, by then the floodgates for 3DS software, first party included, will have opened. Another missed opportunity by Namco. Typical.

=HERO=

Neo Member
Aeana said:
Oh no he didn't
*takes off her earrings*
We can go right now-!
Sorry, Aeana, gotta agree :( . My problem is that, for some reason, it feels like his voice doesn't actually fit the song, especially the low intensity, high pitched singing in the beginning. It's weird, because not only is his voice nice in general, but the song you linked is really good. It's just Karma's vocals that seem off.

Jeels said:
Fall 2011 is way too long from now, by then the floodgates for 3DS software, first party included, will have opened. Another missed opportunity by Namco. Typical.

I wonder if it would be before Fall if the game hadnt been delayed. Then again, to reach publication.

Aeana

kayos90 said:
I'm still wondering about load times and voiced skits. That's all I care about.
It's answered in the NP article. Yoshizumi says that the load times are reduced significantly, but the NA version will still not have voiced skits because reuniting the cast is too difficult/expensive.

PKrockin

kayos90 said:
I'm still wondering about load times and voiced skits. That's all I care about.

The load times will be cut down and the skits won't be voiced.

edit: beaten by the girl I assumed was a guy (missed the "princess" tag)

Neki

Aeana said:
It's answered in the NP article. Yoshizumi says that the load times are reduced significantly, but the NA version will still not have voiced skits because reuniting the cast is too difficult/expensive.
I don't know if I'd like the skits as much if they weren't voiced. >_>

I'm okay without voiced skits for this, only because the original didn't. But for future Tales games... pleeeease do them.

Also, echoing Kurosaki Ichigo, please don't make the skit text slow, as if they were voiced.

Ultimoo said:
I don't know if I'd like the skits as much if they weren't voiced. >_>
Symphonia was my first Tales game, and I hated the skits, and never bothered to view them. But after playing Symphonia 2 (with voiced skits), all of a sudden, I wanted to see each and every one. It surprised me how much better the voices made them.

FSLink

Banned
Why would you do that? said:
I'm okay without voiced skits for this, only because the original didn't. But for future Tales games... pleeeease do them.

Pretty sure they've been going with voice skits from now on (Vesperia and DotNW had them....), Abyss just seems to be the exception right now since it's a port.

matmanx1

Nice PV! Looked much better in that video than the short clip we saw before. I'm very excited and I hope that the NA release isn't too far behind the Japanese release. Seems like at least a few notable JRPG's hitting in the late summer/early fall window in NA including this one and Disgaea 4.

Sagitario

Why would you do that? said:
But after playing Symphonia 2 (with voiced skits), all of a sudden, I wanted to see each and every one. It surprised me how much better the voices made them.

Yeah, voiced skits are so good and DOTNW's are actually pretty damn funny!

FSLink

Banned
Eh, I guess it's pretty awesome that the Japanese get some of the new artes that the NA version got, though c'mon Namco, not even an additional secret boss or something?

Oh well, the port looks pretty good from the PV.

Jeels said:
Ayup.

They had an absolutely golden opportunity and then kind of watched it sail over their heads.

fates

lol everyone knows normal Hild is Fujishima's best character design

I will be getting this because I missed the PS2 version. Though to be honest the 3D Tales of games never really grabbed me, I've heard nothing but praise about this so I will see what all the fuss is about.

fates said:
lol everyone knows normal Hild is Fujishima's best character design

I will be getting this because I missed the PS2 version. Though to be honest the 3D Tales of games never really grabbed me, I've heard nothing but praise about this so I will see what all the fuss is about.
It isn't that great, mainly because some of the main characters are shitty. I did enjoy it and will be buying this, though, so take that how you will.

Eteric Rice

I'm still thinking that maybe the reason they haven't announced platforms for Graces F yet is because it's coming to PS3 and Cafe.

I mean really, why hold out like that?

Eteric Rice said:
I'm still thinking that maybe the reason they haven't announced platforms for Graces F yet is because it's coming to PS3 and Cafe.

I mean really, why hold out like that?

I dont think the platform was a huge issue, its just, I guess the fanbase has made it to be one and believed in a rumor from a site that posted tons of fake ones, what was it again, it would be a wii exclusive with a multiplayer mode type added to it and if it sold well it would release in the fall on the PS3?! I think they prematurely announced the game, why no press releases etc?

Sagitario

dragonlife29 said:
It isn't that great, mainly because some of the main characters are shitty. I did enjoy it and will be buying this, though, so take that how you will.

YOU WILL BUY IT AND ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF ANISE THIS TIME!
LEAq9l.jpg

Also confirmed for Europe, according to UK magazine NGamer! They listed it with a Spring 2012 date in the magazine, and then clarified the news on their forums when asked about it.

It surely does. I thought this had already been announced. Hope I haven't accidentally broken some top secret embargo!

http://forums.computerandvideogames.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=124708#wrap

Spring 2012 is a bit later than I would like, but I suppose localising into other European languages will take some time compared to the already completed US localisation.

The Alchemist Penguin said:
Also confirmed for Europe, according to UK magazine NGamer! They listed it with a Spring 2012 date in the magazine, and then clarified the news on their forums when asked about it.

Spring 2012 is a bit later than I would like, but I suppose localising into other European languages will take some time compared to the already completed US localisation.
Europe finally gets Abyss!

Yes! Excellent news, although the extra wait is a bit of an (unsurprising) let down. I'm quite surprised though, this is only the, what, 3rd Tales game to get localised for Europe?

Spring 2012? O.O

Oh well, still, an awesome RPG for my future 3DS. Awesome!

PKrockin

Great news.

Bootaaay said:
Yes! Excellent news, although the extra wait is a bit of an (unsurprising) let down. I'm quite surprised though, this is only the, what, 3rd Tales game to get localised for Europe?

Eternia, Symphonia, DotNW, Phantasia, Vesperia, and now Abyss.

matmanx1

PKrockin said:
Great news.

Eternia, Symphonia, DotNW, Phantasia, Vesperia, and now Abyss.

Yeah Europe got Eternia on the PSP and we didn't (in the US anyway). I had to import my copy from the UK. So glad it's region free!

Awesome news about Europe getting Abyss 3DS though. The more worldwide Tales love the better. This is definitely a series that could use more love and visibility.

Top Bottom