• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Import Thread - Turning Legends Into Hope

Shouta

No. Most of the sidequests aren't necessary. There's a section where you have to collect the orbs but those are unique to the area and not the ones in the past areas.

There are only 2 that is "missable", but aren't needed for anything game or trophy related.
Care to share which, without too much detail and maybe in spoiler tags if you want to be careful? I don't need to know a lot but just a rough estimate of where or when I can get those and why you used quotation marks.

I've been thorough until now and I think I've only missed one I couldn't complete at the time because the boss was way over leveled. I hope once I get to go back to the area I'll be able to finish it.

I'm at 32h50 and just got out of the fire temple, level 40. The music in this temple was hilarious I thought. It fit the theme in general but compared to other ones until now it was way different in tone.

edit: just calculated the total of grade point I would want before finishing the first playthrough. 16390 Grade per Nushi...which means all
of them at level 22. Going to be fun =D

awdrifter

I just started playing this a few days ago, I'm stuck at the part where I got Edna.
So I went back down the mountain and I need to fight the leader of the assassin's guild, at best I could only get her down to half HP, is there any tricks? I've been using Edna to fight her, is that the wrong Tenzoku to use for this fight? I'm at level 14, am I under leveled for this fight?
Please help, thanks.

Fisico

I just started playing this a few days ago, I'm stuck at the part where I got Edna.
So I went back down the mountain and I need to fight the leader of the assassin's guild, at best I could only get her down to half HP, is there any tricks? I've been using Edna to fight her, is that the wrong Tenzoku to use for this fight? I'm at level 14, am I under leveled for this fight?
Please help, thanks.

It was a bit hard, but I managed with Mikulio in Kamui form, just dodge and Free Run to avoid her and recover SC.
I you want to recover your life use R2, fight can be long and boring but it's not that hard.

I got a bit frustrated by the way the game managed the hitbox on a vertical axis in this particular fight (as you are not fighting on a flat field)

Mendrox

Please help, thanks.

LOL Sorey says that you should flee. You can win this battle, but fleeing is not that bad.

Please help, thanks.

I don't remember my level at the time but I was on Hard difficulty and didn't have a lot of problems against that enemy.
As Fisico said, you'd best go with Mikleo in Kamui form (best healing in case of emergency) and dodge like crazy.

If you find it impossible to beat her, spend a bit of time getting stronger in the mountain dungeon, or just reduce the difficulty (but you shouldn't do the latter, really).

awdrifter

LOL Sorey says that you should flee. You can win this battle, but fleeing is not that bad.

Thanks for the replies. I heard Sorey (I always thought his name was Slay, is Sorey really the official translation?) said something about running away, I figure that's just the battle dialog, so I just keep trying. Is there any items or rewards for beating her or should I just flee?

Thanks for the replies. I heard Sorey (I always thought his name was Slay, is Sorey really the official translation?) said something about running away, I figure that's just the battle dialog, so I just keep trying. Is there any items or rewards for beating her or should I just flee?

No items, only Grade and XP/Gald. And you'll probably get those with a bit of farming so I'd suggest you flee if you really can't beat her.
Try to beat her though ;)

On my end, I'm at 39h11, and just entered
the water temple
. I saw the gimmick in the second room then saved and quit for the day. I'll be tackling it tomorrow.

awdrifter

No items, only Grade and XP/Gald. And you'll probably get those with a bit of farming so I'd suggest you flee if you really can't beat her.
Try to beat her though ;)

On my end, I'm at 39h11, and just entered
the water temple
. I saw the gimmick in the second room then saved and quit for the day. I'll be tackling it tomorrow.

Thanks, I was able to defeat her after adjusting my equips and using Mikleo instead. I just got introduced to the Norumin, is there a guide or faq on how to find Norumin and what they do? Also how to I can more grade for the Chi no Nushi? Thanks.

Mendrox

I hope it won't be Slay because his name is a bit story related. :) It's also listed as Sorey.

Can someone explain why the water temple is annoying? :p
Keep in mind I've only just entered it so I don't know if there's something else or if my assumption is totally accurate or not:
in the second room there are eyes on the wall and if you don't use a certain field action to go invisible and bypass them, you get teleported back to the first room. I guess every room has this gimmick and people got frustrated? :p I'll see for myself tonight if that's the case or not.

Fisico

Keep in mind I've only just entered it so I don't know if there's something else or if my assumption is totally accurate or not:
in the second room there are eyes on the wall and if you don't use a certain field action to go invisible to bypass them, you get teleported back to the first room. I guess every room has this gimmick and people got frustrated? :p I'll for myself tonight if that's the case or not.

Not every room.
Also a few of them don't even need you to tackle them (and you can't) in the first place but you can't be 100% sure at first so you try and... here we go.
The thing to keep in mind is that your bubble only allow you to move by ~2.5 squares, and that sometimes the level design is very tricky in some rooms and you get fucked by only entering if you're not careful enough.
But it's not THAT bad and you also have checkpoints which help a lot.

But it's not THAT bad and you also have checkpoints which help a lot.

Not much of a spoiler so I won't include it in tags: finished it a few minutes ago and it wasn't indeed THAT bad. I really thought it would be a real chore going by some comments but I found it quite enjoyable.
Most of all, enemies give quite a bit of XP and Gald <3

BadRNG

So anyone got any tips on keeping party alive? I feel like every boss or miniboss my party gets wrecked while I proceed to solo 90% of the boss's hp in kamui form. I generally just pray the bosses won't target them but that ain't working well. I got appeal guard equipped as well and use it often, but the aggro never really seems to stick for very long before the enemies run over and one-two shot the group.

I'm at a point where I am just putting everyone's strategy to constantly guard/heal and hope they run away so I can get max grade bonus.

3Kaze

So anyone got any tips on keeping party alive? I feel like every boss or miniboss my party gets wrecked while I proceed to solo 90% of the boss's hp in kamui form. I generally just pray the bosses won't target them but that ain't working well. I got appeal guard equipped as well and use it often, but the aggro never really seems to stick for very long before the enemies run over and one-two shot the group.

I'm at a point where I am just putting everyone's strategy to constantly guard/heal and hope they run away so I can get max grade bonus.

That's been my case as well. Strategy options are really limited, maybe broken and the AI is not smart at all.

I'm doing the post end dungeon and the AI really can't do anything right. Leveling system doesn't make any sense either, getting 100 exp (as much as the beginning of the game) because my level is on par with the monsters is a terrible decision. Then there are suddenly monsters and bosses OSing everyone, with a 30-40 level difference (not using normin), with super armor, with sometimes no weaknesses and lot of resistance, and who don't give that much exp either. The balance is really broken, on par with no combo on bosses in Xillia.

Aeana

Doesn't seem that big for story DLC. That or western developers have spoiled me. Wonder how much it adds to the game.

It probably doesn't add new areas, or if it does, only like a dungeon or something. Music is probably used from what's already on the disc. 200MB is a lot for dialog and event data.

RangerBAD

Watching someone play it and it's separate from the main game. Have to chose it in the start menu. Starts off with a great Shiina track.

3Kaze

Played 2 hours of the Alisha dlc. It's like future arc with new battle theme, new dungeons reusing assets, full of monsters from the hidden dungeon. Of course with Alisha not having Kamui, I'm getting totally destroyed ._.

Bladenic

Played 2 hours of the Alisha dlc. It's like future arc with new battle theme, new dungeons reusing assets, full of monsters from the hidden dungeon. Of course with Alisha not having Kamui, I'm getting totally destroyed ._.

Sounds pretty good, minus Alisha not having Kamui (maybe forgot to balance that lolz).

Does Alisha get a new cut-in for hi ougis? Does she get a second hi ougi?

Bladenic

Saw her new hi ougi, it rocks.

But then Kouli said some less than favorable things about the DLC. Also Alisha fans are gonna go apeshit again...

Top Bottom