• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target - Black Friday ad (XB1 AC Bundle $330 + $50 GC, PS4 GTA/TLOU, lots of games)

asdad123

Holy Moly, the iPad Air 2 with $140 Gift Card isn't a Door Buster. I can order them from their website!

Hoping best buy does something like that as well. I know last year they did the mini with a $100 gift card and I ordered it online no problem. Id rather have a best buy gift card than a target one.

smurfx

get some go again
dammit nintendo please offer something! a 300 dollar wii u with mario kart 8 and mario 3d world would be good enough i guess.

Mr.Fresh

dammit nintendo please offer something! a 300 dollar wii u with mario kart 8 and mario 3d world would be good enough i guess.

This I want a wii u but nintendo makes it so hard! I have a PS4 already.. If nintendo doesn't have anything I might just get an Xbox.

Kill3r7

But how much are they bleeding by selling at such a low price? And can they afford to keep that up?

If MS continues to lose market share they lose money as well. It's a catch-22. My prediction is depending on how well the X1 sells this holiday season the price stays at $350 from here on out with the occasional bundle priced at the same price point.

Servbot24

Banned
Still not sure if I'm gonna get the PS4... Was planning to get one for Bloodborne in February. I have mild interest in both pack-in games, but honestly my backlog is so big I don't really need to be getting them.

I guess if I'm getting one eventually anyways this might be the best short term deal I find.

BigDug13

Be honest, who is going to be standing in a long line outside Target right after Thanksgiving for these sales? Seems like putting up with a ton of bullshit for a bit of savings.

Be honest, who is going to be standing in a long line outside Target right after Thanksgiving for these sales? Seems like putting up with a ton of bullshit for a bit of savings.

You're trying to be logical about Black Friday.

People will do ANYTHING to save a few bucks, they just get swept up in the hysteria

tynestar

Those Xbone and PS4 console deals are legit. Jesus christ the 360 is expensive. If it got close to $100 I was going to get one just so I can buy the cheaper US versions of a couple Cave games (I have a JP 360 but some things like Akai Katana are dirt cheap for US versions and $50+ for JP. And Cave loves them region locks)

Could have swore I saw a 4gb without Kinect for 129 in someone's black Friday ad.

Hatchtag

Banned
I think Target's the only major store I've never been to on Black Friday. Amazing deals, but nothing I'm too interested in.

Surprised at the lack of 2DS/3DS/XL deals. You'd think Nintendo would be a little more aggressive in clearing stock for the n3DS next year.

wachie

If the 360 is the definitive version of multiplats, why buy PS3, for Infamous and Killzone?

If the PC is the definitive versions of multiplats, why buy PS4 for Infamous and Killzone?
How convenient that 360 is the definitive version of multiplats in the last-gen according to you, it's like the PC ceased to exist in that era.

PS4 is and will be the definitive version of multiplats this generation, possibly bigger than what the 360 was in previous gen.

Gator86

How are last-gen consoles still so expensive? 180 for a 4gig 360? I always figured I'd pick one up one day when they got down to $99 or so but now I'm mostly leaning toward "fuck it."

EulaCapra

Those are some great new console deals (sans Wii U) and even better game deals.

Still not worth the initial 6pm Thanksgiving opening wait. 12am was fine like two years ago since at least people had plenty of time to eat and talk but now stores are going overboard.

statham

How convenient that 360 is the definitive version of multiplats in the last-gen according to you, it's like the PC ceased to exist in that era.

PS4 is and will be the definitive version of multiplats this generation, possibly bigger than what the 360 was in previous gen.

I was making a point that flew over your head.

LycanXIII

i'm a team lead there

she can

and guys, those xbox and ps4 deals will be in-store only. bank on it.

Yes
and also the 5% redcard discount she has

Alright, thanks!

So a 15% discount on $330 is about $50, making the bundle $280.
It also comes with the $50 gift card, which would make it $230.
Along with AC4 ($20 I'd guess?) and Unity ($60, non-sale), putting the Bone at a $150 value. I'll gladly pay that.

Not everyone realizes this, but in order to get a Black Friday deal such as that Xbox one, you need to line up at the store and potentially miss out on thanksgiving dinner to get it.

I didn't realize this until I tried to get the $99 Xbox 360 last year. I was just like "wow a $99 360? I'll totally get that!" just like everyone in this thread. Then I lined up at Walmart and the reality of it started to set in.

You don't know how many they have, or how many people around you are looking for the same thing. Will I get to it in time? Will they sell out?

There was a lot of shoving and yelling. I grabbed it and got the hell out of there.

Amir0x

Banned
understandable, but missing out on FH2/SO/MMC would be too much for me. not to mention the kinect games, Fantasia , KSR and DC.

Shit the Kinect games are like the trigger to run the fuck away. Horrific tech

But yeah FH2/SO/MMC are just so dreamy, I want them in my life. I want them so bad. One thing, MS. You have to do one thing. This deal is INSANE. Please MS do it before Black Friday :(

But yeah FH2/SO/MMC are just so dreamy, I want them in my life. I want them so bad. One thing, MS. You have to do one thing. This deal is INSANE. Please MS do it before Black Friday :(

Nothing, not even Cuphead is gonna make me get one. Hell i'd be flat-out offended if someone offered one to me as a gift... INSULTED.

Reverse the indie clause?

Price is king. An xbone for $275 after gift card with 2 free games is unbeatable. I don't like Microsoft or what they tried to pull last year, but credit is due for them doing everything possible to get one in people's home. A PS4 bundle with two games I already beat for $399 isn't even close.

Amir0x

Banned
Reverse the indie clause?

yeah. Everything else on my list they crossed off. Every single item. It's like a shopping list for my console purchase to be acceptable, and they're so close... but that last $1.99 item isn't on it yet, and I can't leave the store w/out it :(

Hey... i've heard of meatballs falling from the sky. I'm hopeful!!! :D

Play the winps4bundle.com thing. There's a code you can use every day until 11/19. There's a GAF topic about it.

yeah. Everything else on my list they crossed off. Every single item. It's like a shopping list for my console purchase to be acceptable, and they're so close... but that last $1.99 item isn't on it yet, and I can't leave the store w/out it :(

Play the winps4bundle.com thing. There's a code you can use every day until 11/19. There's a GAF topic about it.

Yeah no, i can't... i don't live in the US (TJ, Mexico) so i can't play. No problem, i'm sure i'll pick one up come BF, and if not its fine. I still have my backlog to keep me busy for quite sometime. :3

vesvci

Banned
Not a bad XBO deal, but I just got my SO Bundle last week for $280...10% coupon and BB certificates.

Plus I'd never support the Assasssin's Creed parity crap.

Top Bottom