• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target - Black Friday ad (XB1 AC Bundle $330 + $50 GC, PS4 GTA/TLOU, lots of games)

Namikaze

That XB1 deal is amazing. I'll be on a cruise though so I don't think I'll be participating unless there is a similar deal on Cyber Monday.

MaestroKnux

...wait, what's this? Don't you only get $100 for your 360? Or am I reading this wrong?

Best Buy is giving $150 right now, and I would jump on that if I didn't miss the free year of Live by buying it last Saturday during their Holiday thing.

If you were to buy a Xbox One without trade in at the Microsoft Store, it's $350 for the holidays. However, trade in a 360/PS3 as part of the deal, it'll shave off $100 and become $250 for an Xbox One. I never heard of the Best Buy deal so I'll look into that.

Rflagg

An extra controller and Diablo 3:Ultimate Evil Edition for sure.

At those prices I might get Shadow of Mordor and Evil within as well. I din't see it, but I hope places do ps+ specials again this year since I missed out last year.

Pociask

Looks like a good time to pick up a pad for comfy couch PC gaming. Also, wtf is that pack in with the Nintendo 2DS deal? $99 is a good but not great price - a top tier game would make it really hard to resist.

Quick edit: Although dang, 6 pm on Thanksgiving? Will not buy from a retailer that treats its employees that way.

Choomp

Banned
Coffee-maker GAF reppin' it

Besides that nice Xbone deal nothing really jumps out to me, obviously gonna wait for all the ads to decide where I'm going but still y'know

Great deals on both (X1 is outstanding). I wonder if they'll do a family bundle for PS4 too (LBP3 + Lego Batman like in the UK).

Capture-21.png

Rezae

I think I'd rather pay the premium or hope for an online price match than deal with a Thanksgiving/Black Friday crowd. Some things are worth avoiding. And not to get on a soapbox but any store that is open on Thanksgiving I'd prefer to avoid giving my money to.

I had an element tv literally burst into flames after about 5 years of usage.

With that price though I don't see why you'd give a damn

JNA

Banned
Yo Amazon, WHERE ART THO?!

Seriously, where are there deals? I don't want to ever go to these stores on black friday.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
More like they have a ton but only allow 5-10 to be sold, before pretending they're sold out.

Better get in line before Thanksgiving dinner.
You've got it exactly backwards. They'll say they're sold out in the weeks before Thanksgiving, while they actually have a bunch of stock in the back they've been ordered to stockpile for Black Friday. Black Friday, they're damn well selling everything they've got.

Which is totally screwy, because they're losing money on the BF deal. But yeah, this "they don't want to give the customer a deal" conspiracy theory of yours is, in fact, the complete opposite of the reality.

Mooreberg

I think I'd rather pay the premium or hope for an online price match than deal with a Thanksgiving/Black Friday crowd. Some things are worth avoiding. And not to get on a soapbox but any store that is open on Thanksgiving I'd prefer to avoid giving my money to.
In my experience the last few years, items that are locked in cases are doable so long as you have enough patience to spend twenty to thirty minutes in the video game section. It is the stuff that is put out on palettes in the middle of aisles that creates a ridiculous feeding frenzy. There is no way I'm getting into a most pit over a small TV or a toaster.

Target has a very different setup though, I wonder how many people it takes to unlock things in various cases. Walmart has always been pretty easy because they keep about forty games in each display case.

Kill3r7

Actually the best deal is the 10% off a Target gift card up to $300 (Pg.34). So anyone buying a console or games should first buy a gift card prior to buying their item of choice.

I thought Black Fridays were the day AFTER Thanksgiving....
When did they start doing Thanksgiving day?! Won't all those workers be to full of turkey and stuffing?

Boke1879

I really need Best Buy's ad to leak soon, so I can better plan the next few weeks of purchases. $25 Mordor looks most appealing here.

For real. Amazon and Best buy need to leak theirs. If amazon has another similar to Target i'll just do my shopping online. I have Thanksgiving off from work thankfully so I can plan accordingly.

In my experience the last few years, items that are locked in cases are doable so long as you have enough patience to spend twenty to thirty minutes in the video game section. It is the stuff that is put out on palettes in the middle of aisles that creates a ridiculous feeding frenzy. There is no way I'm getting into a most pit over a small TV or a toaster.

Target has a very different setup though, I wonder how many people it takes to unlock things in various cases. Walmart has always been pretty easy because they keep about forty games in each display case.

Last year Target just opened up all the cases before they let people in the doors. You don't need to ask for an Associate to get what you want.

Not impressed.

We got 3DS XLs last year for 150. It was a great deal at the time, glad we went to Target.. but that was also when the card data was compromised.

Don't think we're gonna go again.

Servbot24

Banned
People dont even get a Thanksgiving dinner with the family anymore, pitiful.

My family is all out of state so I don't get to do anything anyways. Maybe I should try going shopping :/

Is it wrong to flip BF deals? I don't feel like it should be since you're going through a lot of trouble to actually procure the item.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
When did they start doing Thanksgiving day?! Won't all those workers be to full of turkey and stuffing?

its so consumers get a jump before the lines the day after thanksgiving. it never works out the way they planned it.

For real. Amazon and Best buy need to leak theirs. If amazon has another similar to Target i'll just do my shopping online. I have Thanksgiving off from work thankfully so I can plan accordingly.

Amazon usually price matches a lot of the competitor deals, but sometimes only in those Gold Box Lightning Deals that go super quick.

Not impressed.

We got 3DS XLs last year for 150. It was a great deal at the time, glad we went to Target.. but that was also when the card data was compromised.

Don't think we're gonna go again.

I thought the 3DS XLs from last year were $140? I swear that's what I paid for mine.

Choomp

Banned

I guess that's where competition brought us on Black Friday, it seems to have happened really quick through the past few years

HUELEN10

Yeah, these target BF deals seem... lousy.

The current sale is gonna be better for a lot of people who want recent releases; 33 percent off IS hard to beat.

Top Bottom