• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They did say the art style is distinct. So it could be different.

Hero of Legend said:
Thanks. :D

Is an account required to view the large art or something?

You can only view fullsize, R, and R+ pics in pixiv when you have an account. It's easy to make one too, as there's a guide in it online.

robut said:
An Okami level? I hope the guy isn't confused and thinks the cherry blossom (from DoD right?) bg is Okami.

I'm guessing it would be the final boss stage (being based on Okami) as it was unselectable in CGoH.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Why is there a Samurai Pizza Cat in that picture up there?

If I can play as a Samurai Pizza Cat in TatvCap, I will absolutely explode with excitement. I'll preorder five copies.

-PXG-

Ookami-kun said:
All in January. 26th in US, 28th in JP, 30th in EU.

america-fuck-yeah-bikini-breasts-cola-gun-big-mac.jpg

Boss Doggie

-PXG- said:
http://thegrandnarrative.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/america-fuck-yeah-bikini-breasts-cola-gun-big-mac.jpg

Well technically, JP and US will get it on the same "date" at some point, since US's 26th is 27th in Japan, whereas Japan's 28th is actually 27th in US.

bernardobri said:
Where does this come from?

JSA: All Stars 1.

Nintendo Power is out?

When is someone gonna post the info about LoZ in it? Been waiting for that for some time now . . . they were gonna brush on more info about the Wii game well talking about ST.

ezekial45

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
They possibly did some art for a concept and dropped him at some point during development

The director did say he wanted to add Phoenix but the differences between "Igiari" and "Objection" convinced him to back off

I may be wrong, but i think i see Ingrid from Capcom Fighting All Stars and SFA3 PSP in that image.

Linkhero1

Knowing that a lot of these characters could have been in Tatsunoko vs Capcom makes me want a second one. I'm hoping this game does well when it comes out, but I'm afraid it might not. They need to advertise it pretty well.

ShockingAlberto said:
They possibly did some art for a concept and dropped him at some point during development

The director did say he wanted to add Phoenix but the differences between "Igiari" and "Objection" convinced him to back off

Though it makes me wonder, what if that interview was just an ruse to throw off suspicion? The recent Gamespot and Nintendoeverything preview from a couple days ago BOTH said that Capcom told them the roster isn't final, maybe Capcom's got an Ace up their sleeve we don't know about.

Linkhero1

Choppasmith said:
Though it makes me wonder, what if that interview was just an ruse to throw off suspicion? The recent Gamespot and Nintendoeverything preview from a couple days ago BOTH said that Capcom told them the roster isn't final, maybe Capcom's got an Ace up their sleeve we don't know about.
Well the roster currently is unbalanced. Capcom has one more character than Tatsunoko, so they might just mean that their is a final Tatsunoko character that needs to be revealed. I don't mind the roster right now, but I am hoping TvC2 will have a huge roster like MvC2.

Boss Doggie

That's not an artbook though. That's a Secret File, some flyers/images and text about the arcade game made by Capcom. This is their 27th Secret File which is for TvC, so it's really just concept art/characters.

ShockingAlberto said:

Yeah, they said it was because of the character difference would make Objection! overpowered.

But why not make it by syllables? "Ob-jec-tion!"?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Hero of Legend said:
Yeah, they said it was because of the character difference would make Objection! overpowered.

But why not make it by syllables? "Ob-jec-tion!"?

Not to mention that Objection! and the japanese counterpart word would be difficult to adapt in terms of hitboxes.

Still, he should have borrowed stuff from other characters (Franziska's whip, for example) like characters in Brawl.

RedBoot

I think the main point against Phoenix would be that it would give Capcom two more characters than Tatsunoko (three if Ingrid's indeed hidden in that image somewhere). Even if Yatterman 2 is still in, adding Phoenix would require another Tatsu character (unless they magically managed to get the rights for Daimou). That said, if Phoenix is in the game, this becomes an absolute Day 1 purchase (if it wasn't already).

As far as the "Phoenix won't work because of the Igiari/Objection" thing, I always assumed that was a joke, much like Miyamoto's "Peach wouldn't work in NSMB Wii because of skirt physics." If they wanted to put him in the game, they'd find a way around it.

Boss Doggie

Also, don't forget that they're aiming international online matching. You can't have a Japanese version be different from the US version.

Also, the audio CD track only has 4 songs - the vocal ones.

1 - Across the Border 2008
2 - Kaze Yo Tsutaete 2008
3 - Across the Border 2010
4 - Where the Wind Blows

Now mind you, the new songs are 3 and 4. Interestingly, Where the Wind Blows is the ENGLISH name of Kaze Yo Tsutaete (Roll's theme). Does this mean we'll get an English song of Roll in the game? Character themes return?

Linkhero1

Ookami-kun said:
Also, don't forget that they're aiming international online matching. You can't have a Japanese version be different from the US version.

Also, the audio CD track only has 4 songs - the vocal ones.

1 - Across the Border 2008
2 - Kaze Yo Tsutaete 2008
3 - Across the Border 2010
4 - Where the Wind Blows

Now mind you, the new songs are 3 and 4. Interestingly, Where the Wind Blows is the ENGLISH name of Kaze Yo Tsutaete (Roll's theme). Does this mean we'll get an English song of Roll in the game? Character themes return?
Are these tracks in the game?

Boss Doggie

Well, Across the Border 2008 was CGoH's opening theme, and Kaze 2008 is the name of Roll's theme which is her BGM.

UAS has Across the Border 2010 which is the opening, but surprisingly there is Where the Wind Blows, which is Roll's theme in English.

Linkhero1 said:
Are these tracks in the game?

Yep! Across the Border is the name of the opening theme. Checking the e-Capcom page myself, Where the Wind blows is labeled as a new (most likely English) version of Roll's theme. Where they're going to use Roll's new theme is a mystery considering Chararacter themes are out and Stage themes are replacing them.

vazel

Banned
Isn't the US getting a CE with a fightstick? I only ask because the SFIV fightstick was on Amazon months in advance and this one isn't.

Linkhero1

That's interesting. I'm hoping for optional character themes instead of the normal stage music. What I love about the versus series is that the themes that play in the background represent the characters, so I'm pretty sad that they might not be in. This makes me a bit happier to hear though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom